Walter and Deborah

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Beautifully put brother, but I can't see how you can love your God with all your heart & also rebel agains his commands at the same time. 

You seem to make a distinction between the God of the old testament & the new, when He says He is the same today tomorrow & always. 

Salvation has always the same by grace, & the quotes of love your God & your neighbor as your self are old testament. "On these Hang the law & prophets" the basis of Christian behavior is love & exudes the 10 commandments 

If you love God with all your heart you will follow the first 4 commandments & up hold the next 6 out of love for Him, the last 6 are directly related to our relationship with others.

God bless brother        

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, Riccardo said:

You mention to worship in spirit & truth, well brother the Spirit of truth always leads the children of God into obedience.

Of course,  otherwise they would be someone else's children .... ... ...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

On 11/22/2016 at 4:49 PM, Walter and Deborah said:

Is there anyone that keeps The Sabbath Day Holy, from Sunset on the 6th.Day/Friday until The ending of The 7th. Day at Sunset, If so being on one accord for that event to happen, We want to thank God for your Faith in doing just that as a start to perfection. Every Sabbath

Count me in.

Acts 18:4 says that at one point - "every Sabbath" they were hearing Gospel preaching in the Synagogues.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Just now, BobRyan said:

Count me in.

Acts 18:4 says that at one point - "every Sabbath" they were hearing Gospel preaching in the Synagogues.

If you wanted to talk to Jews,that's where you would find them.  Doesn't mean that we have to observe that day our selves today.   If you want to preach the gospe to Jews today that would still be good place to find them.

On 6/1/2017 at 0:56 AM, Your closest friendnt said:

I respect the ten commandments but there is one who has the underlined principal to Love your Lord God with all your heart and not to worship and be afraid of any other Gods. 

And that's what I am doing, my LOYALTY is given to my Lord who has given his life for my life, and this is Jesus Christ.

Can you fine a better one. 

JESUS CHRIST did not say that they are two Lords, only one, with a new banner in his hand, the banner of LOVE, which is the banner of the blood of Jesus Christ. 

He also says, do not do this... And do not do that......but he says he doesn't not, and we also should not punish the offenders the way they were punish in the OT, under the rein of the Lord God of the Jews only. The eye against the eye, this one. The vengeful one. Thanks God he was for the Jews only. 

JESUS went as far to say to love the offenders with a new kind of love.

Jesus said this -

Mark 7:6-13

6 And He said to them, “Rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written:
‘This people honors Me with their lips,
But their heart is far away from Me.
7 ‘But in vain do they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.
8 Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the tradition of men.”
9 He was also saying to them, “You are experts at setting aside the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition. 10 For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who speaks evil of father or mother, is to be put to death’; 11 but you say, ‘If a man says to his father or his mother, whatever I have that would help you is Corban (that is to say, given to God),’ 12 you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or his mother; 13 thus invalidating the Word of God by your tradition which you have handed down; and you do many things such as that.”

Is Jesus saying here "ignore this commandment it does not use the word Love" or is he in fact saying all of the Commandments of God are based on Love.

Matt 22 - all the LAW and the prophets based on two foundations

Deut 6:5 "Love God with all your heart"

Lev 19:18 "Love your neighbor as yourself"

7 minutes ago, other one said:

If you wanted to talk to Jews,that's where you would find them.  Doesn't mean that we have to observe that day our selves today.   If you want to preach the gospe to Jews today that would still be good place to find them.

What if you also wanted to reach Gentiles? ... STILL it would be just on Sabbath??

Acts 18:4 " And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded both Jews and Greeks. "

Acts 13: 42 So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath. 43 Now when the congregation had broken up, many of the Jews and devout proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

44 On the next Sabbath almost the whole city came together to hear the word of God.

In Acts 15 a key part of the "solution" to the problem for NT Christians was that "Moses is preached every Sabbath in the Synagogues"

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

So are you going to tell me that the gentiles were observing the Sabbath too?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

All of the righteous gentiles did/ do/  as written throughout YHWH'S instructions, OT and NT and history.

51 minutes ago, other one said:

So are you going to tell me that the gentiles were observing the Sabbath too?

That is what the text says -- it is the gentiles that asked to have more Gospel teaching "next Sabbath" not the Jews in Acts 13

The "every Sabbath" Gospel was not 'just for Jews" in Acts 18:4 - it was for "Jews and Greeks". Same thing in Acts 17.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Why didn't the disciples say to the gentiles,  come to out 1st day service tomorrow?

Instead they told them to come back next sabbath?

Edited by Riccardo