• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 10:24 PM, bonnieschamberger said:

a very sad thing....my ex didnt physically abuse me but he had an affair for years ...my family told me to figure out a way to deal with it because those things happen and I needed to find a coping mechanism(pills etc) because he has a house and money....and of course they didnt want me to be their problem...I ended up homeless for a bit after that .......years later now divorced and managed to find shelter they want to act as though nothing ever happened and ask me to come visit for christmas etc.....:27:...yeah ok

My heart goes out to ya kid! The path of Christ is to understand all of the ill that has come to you is a direct result of sin in our lives and to find a way in your relationship to Jesus to make all that has occured null and void of concern... Then forgiveness is possible and  this is neccessary because they, your family, and He, your ex, are still trapped in the sin! Love, Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1953

16 hours ago, Steve_S said:

1.  You have no evidence that it is improperly understood.

2.  I'd still like a list of names of legitimate experts who agree with your interpretation of "sane".

3.  Even if you are correct, then all of those linguists and translators obviously disagree with the translation of "sane" as anything other than hate.

1.  I've already given one example and you rejected it
  2.  I'm pretty sure giving you more would not change your mind
  3.  like I said, linguistics is a difficult matter and to reconcile a source and destination language doesn't always work. Does the word 'all' in the Bible always mean  Everything or everyone? What  about Matthew 4:8?

7 hours ago, Davida said:

The Bible tells us God feels a Holy Righteous anger and it tells us That He does pour out His wrath...From reading the Bible it  tells me that to the incomprehensible level that His Holiness IS,  He also experiences a mighty  abhorrence towards ungodliness, wickedness and  towards sin and to a greater extent towards some sins more  than other sins. To paint God less than that is to remove His Fullness. 

now you're headed in the right direction... Hatred does not describe our God.

15 hours ago, nebula said:

How can we have emotions that do not come from God? If not from God than who or what created them? Can sin create? Can the devil create?

because we are in a fallen state and a lot of our emotions stem from our carnal nature. Throughout God's word, he tells us not to hate, so if you think God gave you the ability to hate and then tells you not to hate, your God sounds a lot more human and contradictory than my God. Our problems stem from our self-centeredness and yes but self-centeredness can create a lot of chaos and rebellion in our lives.  God condemns and punishes sin because it is not his doing it is our doing.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

8 minutes ago, StanJ said:

because we are in a fallen state and a lot of our emotions stem from our carnal nature. Throughout God's word, he tells us not to hate, so if you think God gave you the ability to hate and then tells you not to hate, your God sounds a lot more human and contradictory than my God. Our problems stem from our self-centeredness and yes but self-centeredness can create a lot of chaos and rebellion in our lives.  God condemns and punishes sin because it is not his doing it is our doing.

Are you saying that that feelings were created by something inanimate?

Seriously, how did our fallen nature  create something that wasn't there before? 

Guest shiloh357
57 minutes ago, StanJ said:

now you're headed in the right direction... Hatred does not describe our God.

Hate and abhor mean the same thing.  Calling something like homosexuality an abomination means he hates it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, StanJ said:

Hatred does not describe our God...

Well since there are dozens of verses that tell us that God hates iniquity, perhaps you have some other God in mind.

Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. (Heb 1:9).

Strong's Concordance
miseó: to hate

Original Word: μισέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: miseó
Phonetic Spelling: (mis-eh'-o)
Short Definition: I hate, detest
Definition: I hate, detest, love less, esteem less.

1 hour ago, nebula said:

Are you saying that that feelings were created by something inanimate?

Seriously, how did our fallen nature  create something that wasn't there before? 

Our fallen nature was the source of our carnal nature.  not something inanimate as you choose to believe. 

30 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Hate and abhor mean the same thing.  Calling something like homosexuality an abomination means he hates it.

you continually strive about English words which is not how you properly exegete the Bible.

http://religiondispatches.org/does-the-bible-really-call-homosexuality-an-abomination/

30 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Well since there are dozens of verses that tell us that God hates iniquity, perhaps you have some other God in mind.

Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. (Heb 1:9).

Strong's Concordance
miseó: to hate

Original Word: μισέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: miseó
Phonetic Spelling: (mis-eh'-o)
Short Definition: I hate, detest
Definition: I hate, detest, love less, esteem less.

I'm talking about the God of the Bible not the god of your misunderstanding.

1 John 4:7-16

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

13 This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 16 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.