• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

4 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Sooooo....you would put men on an equal plane with God by saying that the Body of Christ, which has changed biblical doctrines by adopting pagan teachings and rituals, and murdered millions of people over the centuries for disagreeing with her, is infallible?

OH matrix----- you have forgotten one very important  fact~~~~ Church Tradition says that they are infallible, and Hoddie has proven time and time agAin by many incredibly astute point that Tradition is equaL AND IN MANY CASES NEGATES ACTUAL SCRIPTURE. so there is no reason to not think that the RCC can do what ever it wants~~~~~~~ lol

• Group:  Diamond Member

5 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

who CANT

AMEN---- like me-- like an old hymn says " Christ has regarded my helpless estate"-- love that line

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

I found something that I think explains very well why certain books like the 7 Deuterocanonicals were rightfully left out of the bible

https://carm.org/errors-apocrypha

Well worth reading. Doctrinal errors and historical errors.

Lol!!!   Really.... Carm.org????  and well worth the reading? your kidding right? Matt Slick is as much anti-Catholic as David Duke is anti- African American! You gotta do better that that Matrix !   sheesh!  I tell ya man.... some people!

Actually God helps those who CANT help themselves

And so does the Catholic Church, the most charitable Christian organisation on earth. If you don't beleive me... google it!

You haven't "corrected" me on anything. My facts are straight as to why these books aren't in the bible, and why the Holy Ghost allowed only a few quotes from them.

Oh I think I/we (RealPreasence) have repeatedly., you just keep side-stepping it. So once again Matrix.... WHERE did the Protestant Canon of Scripture come from - if NOT from the Canon declared by the Catholic church in the 4th century?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

15 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

And so does the Catholic Church, the most charitable Christian organisation on earth. If you don't beleive me... google it!

Hoddie, now I do have another question for you, when you die ,where will you go and why?

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

Oh I think I/we (RealPreasence) have repeatedly., you just keep side-stepping it. So once again Matrix.... WHERE did the Protestant Canon of Scripture come from - if NOT from the Canon declared by the Catholic church in the 4th century?

and I think that it has been pointed out to the two? of you more than once-- the Church Fathers of the 3rd and 4th Century where cut from a different cloth than todays Roman Catholic leaders-- and the primitive church back then has since morphed into something completely different today~~ so the conclusion is---- so what if a primitive church declared the canon--- that does not give todays Roman Catholic church any kind of authority

2 hours ago, Hoddie said:

And so does the Catholic Church, the most charitable

you know- personally I can agree with the RCC on many worldview issues--- and the good work it does can not be dismissed-- but good works- are not the key to heaven

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Conclusion

We have studied the biblical texts regarding traditions and scriptures. We have seen that any traditions that cannot be clearly proven out of the bible are suspect and should not be brought into your worship of God in spirit and in truth. If any of the readers of this study are adhering to these non-biblical doctrines they need to reject them and continue growing in the faith and in God's truth. We also see that scripture has God's own authority as it is His word. We have seen that the bible is all that is needed to prepare a man or woman to receive the living Word, that is Christ, and then to continue on to perfect him or her. It is clear that the bible, in the hands of someone with God's holy spirit, is the only reliable source to prove a doctrine. We are straightly admonished to not go beyond what is written in the scriptural record. You can call it sola scriptura if you like ... I prefer to call it  (proven line upon line) ... God's Truth.  

My brothers and sisters, We need to learn to love our Father, to trust His word, to believe the testimony of Jesus, and to learn to love one another by the expounded scriptures as revealed by the holy spirit - in all this we fulfill the greatest laws of God. Peace to all those who hear and believe His Word

John17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. 18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. 19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. 20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

It is written ...

... have ye not read?

... what saith the scripture?

John 8:31 "... If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

©2001 Truth On The Web Ministries: All the articles originated by Kenneth Hoeck or Brian Hoeck may be freely distributed or mirrored as long as presented in their entirety, attributed to Truth on The Web, and that proper author credit is given.

Perhaps Brian & Kenneth Hoek can better explain what we can't seem to get across?Its a good read.....loving ,kind & informative

he Catholic faction gets Protestants arguing against all traditions rather than just the inventions of men; and more specifically, the inventions of the Catholic Church. The argument is really against traditions of men that are not supported by the written word of God.  The Catholics will not regard scripture because they are pushing so hard on the point of traditions that they attempt to prove traditions by traditions, or extrabiblical writings, rather than with scripture. The Protestants won't consider the oral transmission of God's word because they push the written text only. The circle is a dizzying spiral that leads to nowhere fast. Who do you believe?   We should always believe God's own testimony.   Why? because He is infallible and True. [Numbers 23:19 ]"God is not a man, that he should lie...."   [Heb 6:18] "... it was[ and is] impossible for God to lie..."   The apostle Peter had learned this and his words recorded in the bible's book of The Acts of The Apostles 5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

Without Holy Spirit to REVEAL Gods Truth....well,we end up in unedifying debates like this one    I'm tired of this Thread,have been for quite some time.....Holy Spirit prompts me to cast His Pearls elsewhere                    God Bless,Kwik

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Matrix   (forgot to say thank you)

by Matt Slick

The apocrypha (απόκρυφα means "hidden") is a set of books written between approximately 400 B.C. and the time of Christ that is rejected by Protestants and officially accepted by the Roman Catholic Church in 1546 as being inspired.  These books are Tobit, Judith, 1 and 2 Maccabees, Wisdom of Solomon, Sirach (also known as Ecclesiasticus), and Baruch.

But if the Apocrypha is a Scripture, then it should not have any errors.  But since it does have errors, as will be demonstrated below, this puts into question whether or not the Roman Catholic Church has properly used its self-proclaimed position as the teaching authority of the Christian Church.  If it can error in such an important manner as what is Scripture, can it be trusted to properly teach the Christian Church?  The following references can be verified at http://www.newadvent.org/bible.

https://carm.org/errors-apocrypha

Good read........short,sweet & to the point,thanks for sharing                                           With love-in Christ,Kwik