• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

9 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Me too! been playing since the launch with a few month break in the middle!  What server are you on?

Jedi covenant is the server I am on. I started on that server in early 2013 been there ever since. I tried to play on harbinger but just lost interest cause everyone I play with is on JC. Great to see another who plays.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93

Well my reason for posting this was to see if any other Star War fans see similarities between being a Jedi and being a Christian. This is really a question that only those who are Star War fans can answer. Since no one else who understand what I am talking about. And it certainly was not meant to be a debate on Star Wars movies being  good or evil.  But anyway......I see similarities between the Jedi and the Christian. We both live by a code. We work very hard to live by that code and  are faced with situations that put us living that code to the test.   Jedi try to do what is right over what is easy. Christians do that too. And other stuff I can't really think of right now. 

I also thought that this may just be a little fun since every is so serious around here. 

• Group:  Diamond Member

15 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Well my reason for posting this was to see if any other Star War fans see similarities between being a Jedi and being a Christian. This is really a question that only those who are Star War fans can answer. Since no one else who understand what I am talking about. And it certainly was not meant to be a debate on Star Wars movies being  good or evil.  But anyway......I see similarities between the Jedi and the Christian. We both live by a code. We work very hard to live by that code and  are faced with situations that put us living that code to the test.   Jedi try to do what is right over what is easy. Christians do that too. And other stuff I can't really think of right now. 

I also thought that this may just be a little fun since every is so serious around here. 

Jedi are supposed to do and be guided by others first and not think of themselves first, just like Christians . Where as those on the dark side are motivated by selfish gain and self , just like most worldly people.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 7:42 PM, LadyKay said:

Yes! I play SWTOR myself! ( I play both the dark and the light side) :bighug2:

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 8:42 PM, firestormx said:

I would never have thought I'd find another Swtor player here at worthy...lol. That is so awesome!

What's SWTOR? I play an app on my phone called Star Wars Heroes. It's fun. Takes about 15-30 min a day. Gets my game fix without spending hours upon hours in front of a screen.

Lol. :) 

God bless,
GE

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,253
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

3 hours ago, GoldenEagle said:

What's SWTOR? I play an app on my phone called Star Wars Heroes. It's fun. Takes about 15-30 min a day. Gets my game fix without spending hours upon hours in front of a screen.

God bless,
GE

swtor is star wars the old republic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,437
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  0

I personally watched all so far except rogue one.

I even saw the old Chewbacca holiday special.

I recall a few people deciding they were Jedi when the first trilogy [IV V VI] came out but it was a fad.

With the second trilogy [I II III] it seemed to have more of a hold on people.

Partly the world had changed but also the movies themselves were different.

There seemed to have been a change in ethos / idiom of the movies this time around.

At the end of the day some, like myself, wont be affected by whatever symbolism or such there is in them so I don't worry about watching them. As someone said earlier, I watch them for entertainment not theology.

However, some people seem to be adversely affected and, for them, they should probably be avoided.

The alcohol analogy was interesting and its probably a similar concept.

So don't watch them if you feel they are leading you astray.

5 hours ago, GoldenEagle said:

God bless,
GE

It's Star wars the Old republic. It's an online game