• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

29 minutes ago, ruck1b said:

So you are saying sin prevents you from living out he Heavenly life here right now?   Do you believe that we will automatically be living out in Heaven what we have not practicing here on Earth?  How do you think something like that will work?

Yes, I'm saying that sin keeps us from living a "heavenly" life here.  So do our corruptible bodies that we will exchange one day for incorruptible ones.  So does the presence of evil and the devil.  So does the fact that we are not in heaven and face to face with God.

How will practicing there what we do not practice here work?

Some things we do here, we will continue there .... praising, worshiping, and loving each other and God.  But it will be vastly different and completely without doubt, jealousies, distractions, fears, and the stumbling blocks of a double-minded heart and and will be the most pure and awesome exalting of God and Christ than we can imagine right now.

What else?  I have no idea.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

I can answer you both very well with this statement...
I believe the Word of God is for the purpose of life here and now based on this

2 Timothy 3:15 (NKJV)

[15] and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. [16] All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, [17] that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

and up and to this time of now where the above verse has become my food, air, necessity of life I must renew my thinking from the past and it's error

Romans 12:2 (NKJV)

[2] And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

this is what I was trying to accomplish here in this thread as all others except where I am being jovial and light hearted... I see by both replies we are not on the same wavelenght!
I do find it currious that agitation seems to be in you both because of the intent, so stated above, within my post... there are two things of this 1st creation that will continue into the eternity - the souls of men, and The Word of God. I adjust my life to this reality_ for I am preparing myself to stansd before The Lord and give an account of myself even in this moment...
Love, Steven

You have yet to answer my questions at all.   You say agitation seems to be in both of us because of the intent.  What intent do you speak of and what agitation do you seem to notice?  In any case after you answer this question will you answer the initial questions presented.   If you don't want to join in this conversation that is fine. But I would much rather discuss what was actually asked instead of what is assumed.  

3 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Simple answer ... though I can imagine the most perfect setting, surrounding and life, it will not even come close to what God has in store for us, as enoob57 pointed out with scripture.

Hey Onelight glad to see you are still around.  There were more questions that followed as well. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

16 minutes ago, ruck1b said:

Hey Onelight glad to see you are still around.  There were more questions that followed as well. 

Hey Ruck.  I understand, but I may not answer these if they are no more then speculations from my imagination and not factual.  I see far too many threads dissolve into heated, unedifying debates which divides and not unites.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

There is too much sin in this world and the devil is the "prince of the air" here.  He and some of his demons roam here and the devil reeks havoc here devouring whom he can.  We fight too many battles here for us to "live out heaven" here.

Even on our best of days - at our most spiritually joyful and peaceful and obedient days - it cannot compare to a place where there is no sin, no tears, no devil, no sorrow, no battles, no evil and God and Christ literally reign in our presence.

All we can do on this earth is to live in obedience to God AS souls trapped in fleshly bodies that corrupt.  God has told us how to live here.  We should obey him.  That's all we can do.

The BEST examples are in ACTS, EPHESIANS, PHILIPPIANS, and CORINTHIANS, THESSALONIANS, The Books of JOHN (1,2,3) and PETER (1,2) and REVELATION

of believers - ecclesia - living as Y'SHUA (JESUS) trained HIS disciples.  (HE still does today the same way).

"We should obey HIM."  Exactly right.    Simply obey HIM.   Always DO HIS WORD, Always DO what is right.    Simple. (IN Scripture, and the examples there, and what Y'SHUA says HIMSELF about HEAVEN (now on earth)).

Here?  Where we are ?   Could be a lot better, eh ?    KEEP SEEKING.   YHWH'S PROMISE is whoever seeks HIS KINGDOM and keeps seeking HIS KINGDOM (now on earth) WILL FIND IT.  (TODAY).

It is much much much different than the world sees, and only seen a few places on earth TODAY.  As Y'SHUA says - few are there who find it;  while many continue on the wide road that's popular.

2 hours ago, ruck1b said:

When you think about Heaven what are your ideas concerning it?  How do you believe it will look like in relation to our living there?  Are you making any effort to live out what you believe Heaven to be like? 

YHWH'S GIFTS, along with SALVATION and HEALING include RIGHTEOUSNESS, PEACE and JOY.  (TODAY).    Sheer gifts of grace in Y'SHUA,  given without measure, poured out from YHWH'S THRONE of GRACE TODAY.   (Every day)

1 hour ago, ruck1b said:

What do you mean it can't be done correctly?  You think it is not possible to live out the Heavenly life now?  

It is entirely possible,  and has requirements that Y'SHUA told HIS disciples. (see in HIS OWN WORDS)

The one often lacking requirement,  perhaps the most important one for many people,

is willingness.  As Y'SHUA lamented over JERUSALEM:   "... and ye would not."  When HE said HE would have gathered them under HIS wings.   Since they "would not",  HE did not.

4 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Hey Ruck.  I understand, but I may not answer these if they are no more then speculations from my imagination and not factual.  I see far too many threads dissolve into heated, unedifying debates which divides and not unites.

I'm unsure what speculation you are making.  We are actually given ideas about what heaven will be like so I don't understand why we have to speculate.  We may not fully know but there is not actual need to speculate.  Maybe if I said God's kingdom that would be better.  But I'm sure you have an idea of what you believe life after this will be like.  If not then what are you living this life for?

1 hour ago, ruck1b said:

It would seem you all are answering what you think I am asking instead of answering what I am actually asking.

I used to sit in a field as a child and wonder what it would be like to be in Heaven.  I imagined beautiful flower filled fields with great forests all around, teamed with wildlife living fearlessly, friends to all creation.

Then, as I grew, my thoughts entered the rest of His creation, the stars.  I used to lay back on summer evenings staring at the stars wondering how truly beautiful they must be, and all this is in Heaven.  I would merge the life I imagined as a child to the beauty I imagined in the stars and came up with something I could only relate to my existing life.

Now, I realize that in all honesty, my imagination degrades what really is and though I still love to consider the true beauty of what could be and what may already exist, I no longer limit my thoughts to what my simple mind can imagine.  I accept the fact that no matter what I can come up with, my thoughts are no more then what my mind can conceive.  His glory will overshadow my imagination to a point that my imagination is not even noticed any longer.

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

I used to sit in a field as a child and wonder what it would be like to be in Heaven.  I imagined beautiful flower filled fields with great forests all around, teamed with wildlife living fearlessly, friends to all creation.

Then, as I grew, my thoughts entered the rest of His creation, the stars.  I used to lay back on summer evenings staring at the stars wondering how truly beautiful they must be, and all this is in Heaven.  I would merge the life I imagined as a child to the beauty I imagined in the stars and came up with something I could only relate to my existing life.

Now, I realize that in all honesty, my imagination degrades what really is and though I still love to consider the true beauty of what could be and what may already exist, I no longer limit my thoughts to what my simple mind can imagine.  I accept the fact that no matter what I can come up with, my thoughts are no more then what my mind can conceive.  His glory will overshadow my imagination to a point that my imagination is not even noticed any longer.

But that's not this issue.  The issue is not what is what you envision being overshadowed. So what if it is overshadowed....bless the Lord that it is and will be.  But what about what you can actually envision and then see lived out in your life right here on this earth now? 

1 minute ago, ruck1b said:

I'm unsure what speculation you are making.  We are actually given ideas about what heaven will be like so I don't understand why we have to speculate.  We may not fully know but there is not actual need to speculate.  Maybe if I said God's kingdom that would be better.  But I'm sure you have an idea of what you believe life after this will be like.  If not then what are you living this life for?

It is rather simple, Ruck.  What heaven will be like, or even what we imagine it will be like through scripture, is likened to prophecy.  We do not fully understand prophecy, including the glimpse of what Heaven will be like.  What ends up happening in discussion like this is a whole loft of "what if's", and very little truth, like when we were told as a child that we become baby angles with wings and harps sitting on clouds playing music all the time.  I am sure you are not seeking lies, but hope to share imaginations.  This is why I call it speculation.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, ruck1b said:

I'm not asking what Heaven is like.....I'm asking what you believe it to be like.

Since sinful mortals cannot truly comprehend what Heaven is really like, all we can do is look at the glimpses of Heaven given to us, and anticipate an existence that cannot be properly understood while on earth (as noted above by others).  Even the apostle Paul was forbidden to disclose what he had seen and heard in Heaven.