• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.92
  • Days Won:  0

49 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I was speaking of higher criticism as reflected by those schools. You brought up lower criticism which was not my point but the German Theological Liberal attack on Scripture using natural reasoning to explain away the supernatural.

Show me where I brought up lower criticism.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 1/3/2017 at 11:59 AM, other one said:

Maybe people are reading it to see why Hitler went the way he did.  

And maybe people are reading it because they are fed up with the internal destruction of Germany by the likes of Merkel.  They are now looking for a strong German leader who stands for Germany. That does not condone what Hitler did, but it does indicate that Germany is on the brink of disaster. 

Had Merkel resisted the global elitists and all their nonsense about the EU, the Euro, open borders, the flooding of Europe by Muslim migrants, even the improper reunification of East and West Germany, Deutschland should have become the strongest and safest European country already.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Let us hope they remember it's important to watch the replacement people.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.92
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Here 

I have no objection to that approach, it is a friendly and honest way to bring out the intended meaning of Scripture. 

This is closer to what I was referring to...

I have never used or studied the terms lower or higher criticism before today.  I just study the Bible using a myriad of trusted resources at my disposal.  In the definition I looked up on higher criticism, it seemed more in accordance with my own practices.  Now you're telling me my methods are really lower criticism.  To be honest, I believe my methods of Bible study are probably a mixture of both.  While secular scientific evidence doesn't define the Biblical text for me, I can use science to better understand the Bible, understanding how it should be taken literally.  That's all I can say on the subject ... German rational theological higher criticism is beyond my current knowledge base.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

25 minutes ago, Davida said:

I think Hitler was a reflection or foreshadow of the Anti-Christ .  Some believe that western Europe will be where he emerges from.

Scriptures teach the Antichrist will come from Syria. The book of Daniel makes it clear that the Antichrist will come from the ten kingdoms of the Old Roman Empire, as in Dan. 7:7-8, 23-24, and from the four divisions of the Grecian Empire, which are four of the ten, as in Dan. 8:7-9, 20-23, but it also makes it clear that he will come from the Syrian division of the four divisions of Greece, as taught in Dan. 11. The king of the north of this chapter is Syria, and the king of the south is Egypt. Wars between these two divisions of Greece are pictures in Dan. 11:5-34. Verses 35-45 portray war between these same two kingdoms "at the time of the end," showing the result of the last war between them. It states that the land of Egypt shall not escape the king of the north in this last war, thus identifying Syria as being the country from which the Antichrist must come. If the king of the North was Russia, as many Bible students now teach how could Dan 11:44 be fulfilled? What countries are north of Russia that could fight against her, as required by this verse? I even had one minister argue that America is north of Russia. I had a little difficulty explaining to him that America was south of the North Pole, and not north of Russia, and Russia was also south of the North Pole.

Guest Thallasa
4 hours ago, Yowm said:

I was speaking of higher criticism as reflected by those schools. You brought up lower criticism which was not my point but the German Theological Liberal attack on Scripture using natural reasoning to explain away the supernatural.

Many of the Nazis antécédents were Lutheran , for example; Nietzche's father and grandfather were Lutheran pastors .He was considered one of the 'fathers ' of the movement ; there were Nazis in the United States , as well as in the U.K. , France , Austria and Belgium .

And, it was the Policy of of certain Zionists to make life so bad for the average Jewish person who did not want to leave  Europe, that encouraging Anti -Jewish sentiment was part of their policy . 

There are many here on these forums who believe that God sets up in power those He considers suitable for the times ,so I wonder what they will say to Hitler being in power .Time to do some homework on the real reasons , for world wars .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

My Sunday school teacher thinks God put Hitler in power to force Jewish people to go to Israel.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

God sometimes allows an evil dictator to come into power. Why God does this is not really apparent. There will be a day of Judgment for them.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Many people have thought that Hitler was the Antichrist but not those who believe that the book of Revelation is future.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

The king of the north of this chapter is Syria, and the king of the south is Egypt.

This is correct, and that is the way Daniel describes these kings and kingdoms.  Also, the Antichrist must be a renegade Jew to try and pretend to be the Christ (Jewish Messiah), and then to enter into the heart of the Jerusalem Temple.