• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  842
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, one.opinion said:

Have you seen God with your eyes? I haven't...

Paul in Colossians states, that Yeshua is the physical image to the Invisible God.  Hebrews calls it "Express Image."   Yeshua looked like a man, because others only believed that was all He actually was.   But if Yeshua looked like a man, and He is the physical/Express Image to the Invisible God (Yahweh), that means Yahweh looks similar to a man (just invisible).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

23 minutes ago, childoftheking said:

Thus with these t-shirts floating around about "Proof of Single Cell." 

I honestly have never seen these t-shirts, and I don’t know what phenomenon you are talking about.

To me, the biggest hole in the argument that what we see today could have happened without God is the problem of abiogenesis. How simple molecules developed into more and more complex versions, finally resulting in a living cell seems (to me) as exceedingly unlikely. I believe divine intervention is a more plausible explanation.

Does that address your question?

17 minutes ago, childoftheking said:

Paul in Colossians states, that Yeshua is the physical image to the Invisible God.

It’s my opinion that Scripture and logic dictate that the “image of God” refers to something beyond the physical manifestation of the body. 

In John 4, Jesus (to the woman at the well) states that God is spirit and we should worship Him in spirit. The physical body Jesus took was a temporary shell for Him to carry out His earthly purpose.

4 hours ago, one.opinion said:

I honestly have never seen these t-shirts, and I don’t know what phenomenon you are talking about.

To me, the biggest hole in the argument that what we see today could have happened without God is the problem of abiogenesis. How simple molecules developed into more and more complex versions, finally resulting in a living cell seems (to me) as exceedingly unlikely. I believe divine intervention is a more plausible explanation.

Does that address your question?

Indeed, I do like that!!

It’s my opinion that Scripture and logic dictate that the “image of God” refers to something beyond the physical manifestation of the body. 

In John 4, Jesus (to the woman at the well) states that God is spirit and we should worship Him in spirit. The physical body Jesus took was a temporary shell for Him to carry out His earthly purpose.

Amen, and I believe since Yeshua was in human form as the Angel of God whom Jacob wrestled and ended up with a real injury to his hip over a dream, we see Yeshua as Melchizedek as Abraham's High Priest, Yeshua as the Angel who instructed Ishmael to return back to Abraham, Yeshua as the rep of God with Abraham before sending His 2 Angels to destroy Sodom and Ghomorrow, Yeshua as the Leader of God's military before Joshua, Yeshua as the 4th man in the fiery furnace with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, and on and on represent the physical Adam in the Likeness of God.

Then to the spirit side: I believe what Yeshua said in John, He was embodied by the Father and Holy Spirit = Anointed = Messiah

When we accept Yeshua as our Personal Lord and Savior and receive the Holy Spirit, we are able to do as such since we ourselves also have a spirit body.   And this spirit body also reflects the Likeness of God's Spirit Body!!

Edited by childoftheking

22 hours ago, Behold said:

Ive already made honest statements.

This is what you have said:

There is no extant connecting "fossil" record, and you stating that there is, is not proof.

Either this is a dishonest statement, or you simply don't know the meaning of "extant", which means existing. It is completely undeniable that there is a fossil record.

Now, nearly 100% of paleontologists will agree that the fossil record tells us that hominids have evolved over a span of millions of years.

22 hours ago, Behold said:

Next, i told you over a week ago, that Carbon Dating, is not accurate, and that much of evolutionary theoretical history is balanced on this error prone dating service.

And 100% of paleontologists (even those that work for AiG and ICR) know what carbon dating is not used to date sediments in this age range.

I apologize for the insinuation that you were being less than honest. It appears that you simply don't know enough about the issue to raise legitimate questions, but still feel confident enough to state that others are telling lies.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

22 hours ago, one.opinion said:

Have you seen God with your eyes? I haven't...

Yes I have, and all of HIS children have, ...have you seen the wind?

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.  John 3:8

When the autumn leaves are blown off of the trees, when the tumbleweeds roll across the prairie, when tornadoes and hurricanes devastate, what do YOU say caused it?

You can't say the WIND caused it, ...because you can't see the wind, ...but you can see the EFFECTS of it, ...so it is with all who are born again, ...God did it, ...I see my Father's hand involved daily in my life!

...the just shall live by his faith.  Hab 2:4

33 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Yes I have, and all of HIS children have, ...have you seen the wind?

The wind is not “His image” which was the issue being discussed earlier.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

The wind is not “His image” which was the issue being discussed earlier.

Yes, ...BUT, ...YOU asked the question if I had seen God, ...so I just replied to your hijack of the thread...

Now, nearly 100% of paleontologists will agree that the fossil record tells us that hominids have evolved over a span of millions of years.

The original Hebrew makes it clear that Genesis (Bereishit) 1:1 means at this point, the Earth, the Universe, Creation, life itself has all happened and is in a state of existence (much like we are in now).

Then of course, you get to Genesis (Bereishit) 1:2 and the Earth is empty, there is complete chaos, complete darkness, and life no longer exists as the face of the Earth is covered in water.

So that naturally leads to the thought and question, what happened here?

That then leads to the "Gap Theory," the "Lucerian Flood theory" (which ironically Lucifer being cast to Earth would create a catastrophic condition and destroy all life) (some would insert the "Ice Age" here).   

But nonetheless, By the meaning of the original Hebrew, it shows a Creation before Adam (which Adam is the lineage to which Yeshua comes from and gives light to why Adam's Creation is vitally important).  So, if Genesis (Bereishit) 1:1 represents a Creation before Adam, where do we find it in scripture to reveal these details?

The Book of Jeremiah, in my opinion, sheds some interesting light.

Jeremiah 4:

22For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.

23I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

24I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

25I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

26I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.

27For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.

28For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

(1)  Verse 23 specifically resembles the condition we see in Genesis 1:2.   

(2)  The other verses describe the desolation, darkness, and chaos we also find in Genesis 1:2 (Noah's Flood was only for a year or just longer, which means, the water was not upon Earth long enough to destroy the Earth, it's life and vegetation like we see the effect upon the Earth from Jeremiah).

(3)  God admits He has destroyed the people and the Earth.

(4)  But God also goes onto say in verse 27 that He is not ending everything at this moment in time (this lead to Adam's creation).

***And we know from Psalms, Isaiah, Ezekiel, and Jeremiah about Lucifer used to be God's rep to His Creation, that the Angels honored him, and eventually it all led to the Adversary exalting himself equal to God.   This obvious led to being booted from Heaven (in the words of Yeshua, I saw the Adversary falling like it was as lightning).  So he was forced from Heaven to Earth in a violently matter that when he made contact with the Earth would lead to the conditions we find in Genesis 1:2*** 

If the original Hebrew is correct, in its assessment, that Genesis 1:1 meant EVERYTHING WAS FINISHED at this moment in time and life existed in every form.   And we know the information concerning the "Adversary," (the Devil)...And we see what Jeremiah 4 goes into great detail leading us to the condition of Genesis 1:2, this means the Creation before Adam could lead to those fossils being aged far beyond what typical "Young Earth" advocates believe.

And for the Earth to be as chaotic as we find it in verse Genesis 1:2, explains the water had to be there a very long time.

And this could put the "Ice Age" into play, plus water damage could even skew the age of those hominid fossils.

I'm guesstimating not a million years old, but definitely around the range of 300,000 to 500,000 years old!!

Edited by childoftheking