• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Do you think there is more to this verse than meets the eye, such as what was happening at the time to require this instruction?

I do, but then many people also feel that way about the Timothy and Titus verses from the OP.  That was sort of my point. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

20 hours ago, Thallasa said:

The quote from Corinthians is very important, as it shows that people are given different tasks and talents....
but there are those who try to suppress the gifts of other....

Is it jealousy or ignorance....
that makes them deny what they themselves do not understand....

to be allowed to those that do....

:mgdetective:

Well

Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right. You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all. You know what has happened throughout the province of Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached— how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him. Acts 10:34-38 (New International Version)

It's My Observation
Many Old Spirit Lead Denominations
Have Now Kicked The Holy Ghost Out The Door
Except For The Gift Of Teaching Which The Elders "Control"
Because They May Lose Control Of God's People???
To The Holy Spirit; So America Is Now A Mission
As Young Believers Show Jesus Christ
To Their Peers Using Power
Signs And Wonders

In the power of signs and wonders, in the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and around as far as to Illyricum, I have fully preached the Good News of Christ; Romans 15:19 (New Heart English Bible)

~

It Never Matters What Others May Mock And Say
It Only Matters What The LORD Does Today
And Woman Are Still God Loved And Used
Even Though Others Laugh And Abuse

"I assure you: The one who believes in Me will also do the works that I do. And he will do even greater works than these, because I am going to the Father. John 14:12 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

~

Love, Your Brother Joe

Guest Thallasa
3 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

:mgdetective:

Well

Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right. You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all. You know what has happened throughout the province of Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached— how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him. Acts 10:34-38 (New International Version)

It's My Observation
Many Old Spirit Lead Denominations
Have Now Kicked The Holy Ghost Out The Door
Except For The Gift Of Teaching Which The Elders "Control"
Because They May Lose Control Of God's People???
To The Holy Spirit; So America Is Now A Mission
As Young Believers Show Jesus Christ
To Their Peers Using Power
Signs And Wonders

n the power of signs and wonders, in the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and around as far as to Illyricum, I have fully preached the Good News of Christ; Romans 15:19 (New Heart English Bible)

~

It Never Matters What Others May Mock And Say
It Only Matters What The LORD Does Today
And Woman Are Still God Loved And Used
Even Though Others Laugh And Abuse

"I assure you: The one who believes in Me will also do the works that I do. And he will do even greater works than these, because I am going to the Father. John 14:12 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

~

Love, Your Brother Joe

Merci Joseph ,as always  ,Wise .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

Paul said "I suffer not a woman to teach or usurp authority... "  .... that is Paul stating what he did ... he did not say it was God's command, but what he/himself did.  Also, he never went and shut down the home churches that women were running.  He never even spoke against them.  What Paul was doing is setting a church in order... no one speaking out of line, disrupting, etc.  The word "usurp" means someone taking control by force.  (Look it up.)  Now... I could see if there was a God-appointed man pastoring a church, and a woman came in to take over, that would be wrong.  Btw... Paul himself attended house churches that were led and pastored by women ... either he was living a double standard, or these 2 different accounts fit together in a way that men do not like to admit.  Paul was merely setting a church in order who had a man as pastor... and the women in that particular church were being out of order and disrupting services. 

You said.... that is Paul stating what he did ... he did not say it was God's command, but what he/himself did

I would like to point out that this is not Paul's command but God's. Paul would not speak his own words but God's.

As I said too in another post there is no solid  evidence of houses being led by women. Biblically, as was part of the general culture at that time, the managing of general household affairs was usually put upon the woman so that might explain only the woman's name being mentioned in a few cases.

Though it is at least possible that the likes of Phebe and Chloe and one or two others may have been widowed and thus temporarily head of house and the church until they remarried, again there is no solid proof of this. And even if so they were very much the EXEPTION not the allowed rule.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

On 1/26/2017 at 6:52 AM, enoob57 said:

WELCOME DRAW 255.jpg

“I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I aim with my eye. :D

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 1/25/2017 at 9:46 AM, Abby-Joy said:

Paul said "I suffer not a woman to teach or usurp authority... "  .... that is Paul stating what he did ... he did not say it was God's command, but what he/himself did.

This is not how Christians are to interpret Paul's writings.  Paul was not a cowboy doing as he pleased.  Every word recorded in his epistles (over half the New Testament) is a word of God. So, in effect, it is God's command that women not be allowed to teach, preach, or take authority within the home or the church. That does not prevent women from participating in a multitude of other Christian ministries.

On 1/25/2017 at 9:53 AM, Abby-Joy said:

Not so.... God does not discriminate when it comes to gender... read the Scriptures...

Actually God did discriminate on the basis of gender back in Genesis with Adam and Eve.  Read the Scriptures.  While there are no distinctions within the Church -- the Body of Christ -- there are distinct roles for men and women within the churches and homes. I trust you understand the difference.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

This does get kind of silly.  Paul was writing in a certain time and dealing with specific problems, I doubt he thought that 2000 years after he wrote his letter that people would be viewing it as "The Word of God".   Lady Kay I am with you on this.......I wonder if Paul thought he was writing scripture when he was dealing with the different issues. 

Lady pastors, or not, is not a doctrine, it was based on a culture where women had few rights.

Peace
mark

9 minutes ago, markdohle said:

I doubt he thought that 2000 years after he wrote his letter that people would be viewing it as "The Word of God".

This is known as purely humanistic thinking.  when Paul wrote 2 Timothy 3:16,17, he was including his own epistles given by Divine inspiration by the power of the Holy Spirit (51% of the New Testament).  Feminists and liberals hate that.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

6 minutes ago, Davida said:

Of Course, dismissing Pauls epistles works for the RCC. 

Well no they don't LOL.  Women are not allowed to be deacons or priest in the catholic Church, or even allowed to give homilies on the Gospel. 

Peace
Mark