• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

15 minutes ago, Ezra said:

This is what this thread is all about. Even Michael the archangel had to respect the Devil, but at the same time asked God to rebuke him.

Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. (Jude 9).

Very good point. :thumbsup: So we are to respect our enemies? So how does that look like with people who are our enemies?

God bless,
GE

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

9 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

D. Is respect earned by... Government?

We are commanded to respect the government and its authority in all areas that are right and reasonable.   It is something we owe to the government, but it is conditional upon that government's behavior.

Interesting Shiloh so two further questions....

D1. How do we measure what is "right and reasonable"?

D2. What kind of behavior nullifies the respect we owe the government that you're talking about?

God bless,
GE

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, GoldenEagle said:

I guess we need to go deeper.

Should we as human beings respect one another? Or do people have to do, say, or think a certain way for them to deserve our respect?

Should we respect ourselves? Or do we somehow have to find respect for yourselves?

God bless,
GE

In regard to B, earned respect is a two way street.  I would think that to be a given.

In regard to C, I see respecting one's self to be carried out in just basic things, like taking pride in one's appearance (shower, wearing clean clothes, brushing your teeth) and taking pride in what you do in your job, by having conduct that is above reproach, etc.    I see self respect as simply not doing stuff out there to make a fool out of one's self.    That also plays into earning others' respect, as well.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, GoldenEagle said:

Interesting Shiloh so two further questions....

D1. How do we measure what is "right and reasonable"?

I think common sense kind of governs that.  I mean, paying all of one's taxes, obeying the rules of the road, and not being a nuisance to one's neighbors, stuff like that.  Things we expect law abiding people to do.  

D2. What kind of behavior nullifies the respect we owe the government that you're talking about?

Things like the government deciding that your children are now wards of the state.    Or anything that a despotic government might require that would mean violating  biblical moral commands.   If the government outlawed practicing all or part of the Christian faith.  Stuff like that.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

On February 1, 2017 at 3:48 PM, enoob57 said:

I don't believe the created should look for elevation....

Does this apply to self, or to all others also?  Scripture teaches us to give respect to others.  I wonder if this means respect is given, not earned?

Now, separately, as God is worthy of respect, I don't know if it can be said He has earned respect, wouldn't it be more accurate to say He is worthy of respect?  At any rate, you brought up the very reason I posted this subject.  I have been trained to try to earn respect, and also to give respect to those who deserve it.  Scripture seems to disagree with my training.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,225
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

8 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Does this apply to self, or to all others also?  Scripture teaches us to give respect to others.  I wonder if this means respect is given, not earned?

Now, separately, as God is worthy of respect, I don't know if it can be said He has earned respect, wouldn't it be more accurate to say He is worthy of respect?  At any rate, you brought up the very reason I posted this subject.  I have been trained to try to earn respect, and also to give respect to those who deserve it.  Scripture seems to disagree with my training.  

I think the error of satan should suffice in this comment I made... we honor the creation of God with the honor that God has purposed that being to be. We honor The Creator not the created... we shall always be indebted to God Who has caused us to be and all that is here is as same. So when I give honor to someone it is to God that I give that honor for what He has done before me... I have never understood someone being prideful of what they are when what they are is obviously not the designer of themselves ... The perfect peace for me is God's will be done and all that are, what they are, purposed reasons for me to honor God in His abilities to do such things. In The Judgment Seat of Christ we shall glory in His work in the lives of His Children knowing all will be laid at Jesus' feet and then the Son with that glory turn and unto His Father that God may be all in all :) 

1 Corinthians 15:28 (NKJV)

[28] Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

There a many thefts in this world but the greatest theft of all is to take credit for that which no credit it due!
Love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

I think the error of satan should suffice in this comment I made... we honor the creation of God with the honor that God has purposed that being to be. We honor The Creator not the created... we shall always be indebted to God Who has caused us to be and all that is here is as same. So when I give honor to someone it is to God that I give that honor for what He has done before me... I have never understood someone being prideful of what they are when what they are is obviously not the designer of themselves ... The perfect peace for me is God's will be done and all that are, what they are, purposed reasons for me to honor God in His abilities to do such things. In The Judgment Seat of Christ we shall glory in His work in the lives of His Children knowing all will be laid at Jesus' feet and then the Son with that glory turn and unto His Father that God may be all in all :) 

1 Corinthians 15:28 (NKJV)

[28] Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

There a many thefts in this world but the greatest theft of all is to take credit for that which no credit it due!
Love, Steven

Eph 6:7  With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men:

This is missing.  My heart, my attitude, is broken.  The Good Lord has me up every morning at 3, now at 2 am, waking me in prayer, and teaching me what is broken, yet I have no strength to do better.   Lord, I need you to change this in me, I have no strength of my own.  It is God who interrupts my repetition of things in the mire and clay.  I have been lifted out of the mire and the clay, yet all I do is nothing but temporal.  Even standing on the rock, I find my heart lacking.  My obedience lacking.  God help me.  I have trusted in the security of my job, instead of my rock, I repent, help my unbelief Lord.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,225
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

16 hours ago, hmbld said:

Eph 6:7  With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men:

This is missing.  My heart, my attitude, is broken.  The Good Lord has me up every morning at 3, now at 2 am, waking me in prayer, and teaching me what is broken, yet I have no strength to do better.   Lord, I need you to change this in me, I have no strength of my own.  It is God who interrupts my repetition of things in the mire and clay.  I have been lifted out of the mire and the clay, yet all I do is nothing but temporal.  Even standing on the rock, I find my heart lacking.  My obedience lacking.  God help me.  I have trusted in the security of my job, instead of my rock, I repent, help my unbelief Lord.  

Prayed.... Love, Steven