IGNORED

What does the Bible says about women pastors?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

These following passages prove to any unbiased mind that prophesying is for the church which has men and WOMEN member

prophesying is different than being a pastor and being head of the church

women can serve in the church, they can teach other women-- they can labor in the gospel- ( church services and charity) during sign gift times they could prophecy and they could participate in prayer.

but Paul set these standards for bishops ( same as shepherds pastors and elders)-- this is what the Bible specifically says bout gender of pastors. It is pretty clear and any church that does otherwise is in error.

1 Timothy 3:1-7King James Version (KJV)

3 This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Titus 1:5-9King James Version (KJV)

5 For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee:

6 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.

7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;

8 But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate;

9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayer

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

22 hours ago, HAZARD said:

He joined just 9 hours ago, nothing wrong with asking the question surely?

NO there is nothing wrong with it I was just letting him know we have a thread about already

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

prophesying is different than being a pastor and being head of the church

women can serve in the church, they can teach other women-- they can labor in the gospel- ( church services and charity) during sign gift times they could prophecy and they could participate in prayer.

but Paul set these standards for bishops ( same as shepherds pastors and elders)-- this is what the Bible specifically says bout gender of pastors. It is pretty clear and any church that does otherwise is in error.

1 Timothy 3:1-7King James Version (KJV)

3 This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Titus 1:5-9King James Version (KJV)

5 For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee:

6 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.

7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;

8 But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate;

9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayer

Ye'p got all that, and we also have this;

Act 2:18, Yea and on my servants and on my handmaidens in those days Will I pour forth my Spirit; and they shall PROPHESY. 

Prophesying is explained in 1 Cor. 14:3-4 as "speaking unto MEN to edification and exhortation and comfort." That's preaching, teaching, praying, in anyone's language. and God says He will pour out His Spirit upon men and WOMEN to enable them to do this!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

16 hours ago, woundeddog said:

Quote from Got Answears-- woman pastors--- no no no

The Word of God proclaims, “A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent” (1 Timothy 2:11–12). In the church, God assigns different roles to men and women. This is a result of the way mankind was created and the way in which sin entered the world (1 Timothy 2:13–14). God, through the apostle Paul, restricts women from serving in roles of teaching and/or having spiritual authority over men. This precludes women from serving as pastors over men, which definitely includes preaching to them, teaching them publicly, and exercising spiritual authority over them.

I believe that women are allowed to teach but to pastor and be over men, no I don't see that in scripture.  

52 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

I believe that women are allowed to teach but to pastor and be over men, no I don't see that in scripture.  

Neither do I, no where in Scripture is it said that women are to be over men. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

, Yea and on my servants and on my handmaidens in those days Will I pour forth my Spirit; and they shall PROPHESY. 

Scripture does not contradict itself-- clearly the verses in Timothy and Titus show a pastor must be husband of one wife-- and must be a man

and read that verse in its complete context- pouring out on ALL flesh has not happened yet-the sun has not darkened and the moon has not turned to blood, that great and notable day of the Lord has not happened yet

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

These following passages prove to any unbiased mind that prophesying is for the church which has men and WOMEN members (1 Cor. 12:1-13; 14:1-6, 12, 24-26, 29-33).

In Acts 21:8-9 we read Philip had four daughters that did prophecy or preach in the early church.

In Romans 16 we have Phebe, Priscilla, Mary Junia, Tryphosa, Persis, all female names, women mentioned as laborers in the gospel.

In Phil. 4:2-3 we have Euodias and Syntyche, two women who are emntioned as leaders in the local church at Philippi. They are referred to as "those WOMEN which labored with me in the Gospel."

Paul speaks of the Corinthian women prophesying and praying in church (1 Cor. 11:4; 14:1-5, 23-26).

3 hours ago, HAZARD said:

These following passages prove to any unbiased

I do not agree with your interpretation of these verses-- but I am not your pastor so I have no spiritual authority over your opinion-

13 hours ago, woundeddog said:

I do not agree with your interpretation of these verses-- but I am not your pastor so I have no spiritual authority over your opinion-

That's ok. It's not my opinion at all, it's my input toward the question asked. Scriptures are not my opinion, they are God's inspired Word. I am only quoting scripture which shows women were used in the apostles day's, are being used to-day, and will continue to be used during the tribulation. The Holy Spirit will remain here during the tribulation and will pour out His Spirit upon men and women and they will prophesy.

Thank s for your input.

25 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

The Holy Spirit will remain here during the tribulation and will pour out His Spirit upon men and women and they will prophesy.

amen