• Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi Ezra, Why do you say that?

Neighbor,

Whatever we do in relation to the Gospel must be based firmly on what is revealed in Scripture.

When you go through the Acts of the Apostles carefully, you will notice that the apostles and their companions simply preached the Gospel, and let the chips fall where they would. We do not see any such gimmickry in Scripture as used by some churches today, and in fact it detracts from the Gospel, since it changes the motivation to hear the Gospel.

Apart from the fact that Christians are to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and bring healing to the sick and diseased, these good works are never presented in Scripture as "incentives" or bribes or rewards for people to believe the Gospel and be saved.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,578
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Neighbor,

Whatever we do in relation to the Gospel must be based firmly on what is revealed in Scripture.

When you go through the Acts of the Apostles carefully, you will notice that the apostles and their companions simply preached the Gospel, and let the chips fall where they would. We do not see any such gimmickry in Scripture as used by some churches today, and in fact it detracts from the Gospel, since it changes the motivation to hear the Gospel.

Apart from the fact that Christians are to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and bring healing to the sick and diseased, these good works are never presented in Scripture as "incentives" or bribes or rewards for people to believe the Gospel and be saved.

I can't disagree with any of that Ezra, and personally I do get  offended at much similar stuff- including  offers of green prayer hankies and such, BUT again God may and can use it all when as God the Holy Spirit He comes a calling His elect. So I give thanks to God and try to Honor His awesome power to use even that which is not of Him or not of the very best manner of presenting Him. And as result I try to cut some slack to things that  seem an affront ot my own sense of piety.

Hey God even uses me! I'm not even the greatest of sinners, and certainty not up with the average of saints; but He can use me as an instrument moving me as He may choose.