Keith

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Every day that I live, the deeper and more intense my love and affection for the Body of Christ becomes.

I know the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, deeply loves His Church and His Body. Because He loves it, I love and cherish it also.

We are all given different assignments in life. Rick Warren has his and we each have our own. We're not all "big toes". We're all uniquely made for different purposes.

Peter preached to the Jews while Paul preached to the Gentiles. Each is correct in doing what God has led him to do.

Likewise, we each fulfill a purpose in the Body. I am given to assume that Pastor Warren is fulfilling his purpose according to God's will.

God is certainly using him.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Every day that I live, the deeper and more intense my love and affection for the Body of Christ becomes.

I know the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, deeply loves His Church and His Body. Because He loves it, I love and cherish it also.

We are all given different assignments in life. Rick Warren has his and we each have our own. We're not all "big toes". We're all uniquely made for different purposes.

Peter preached to the Jews while Paul preached to the Gentiles. Each is correct in doing what God has led him to do.

Likewise, we each fulfill a purpose in the Body. I am given to assume that Pastor Warren is fulfilling his purpose according to God's will.

God is certainly using him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen! Amen! Amen!

Some people are so careful not to put God in a box but they neglect to realize that they are putting Chrisitians in a box. Different folks, different callings and purposes. Thanks for the great post, Cats!

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Georgia man pleads not guilty to courthouse murders

Email this Story

May 17, 12:23 PM (ET)

By Ray Glier

ATLANTA (Reuters) - The man accused of killing a judge and three others in a shooting rampage in Atlanta pleaded not guilty on Tuesday to multiple counts of murder, kidnapping, carjacking and other charges.

Brian Nichols, 33, entered the plea during a brief hearing in Atlanta's Fulton County Courthouse, the same building where the March 11 rampage began. Nearly a dozen police and deputy sheriffs were in the court to provide security on Tuesday.

"Yes, your honor," a somber Nichols said when asked by DeKalb County Superior Court Judge Hilton Fuller whether he understood the charges. Fuller is hearing the case because Fulton County's judges have recused themselves.

Nichols was on trial for the rape of an ex-girlfriend when, according to police, he overpowered a deputy sheriff, stole her gun and then shot Fulton County Superior Court Judge Rowland Barnes who was presiding over the trial.

The former athlete then turned his gun on a court reporter before escaping the building and beginning a 26-hour flight from the police, according to police. Nichols also is accused of killing two law enforcement officers during his escape.

The fugitive eventually surrendered in an Atlanta suburb after being persuaded to do so by a woman he had held hostage.

Prosecutors, who are seeking the death penalty against Nichols, said on Tuesday that they would fight any attempt to have his trial moved out of Fulton County, which incorporates much of Atlanta.

"We want it tried here," Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard said after the hearing.

But Nichols lawyers are concerned the pretrial publicity generated by the case -- the shootings and Nichols' escape were covered extensively by media across the United States -- could jeopardize their client's right to a fair trial.

Defense attorney Chris Adams said his client did not want to be tried in the same courthouse where the shootings occurred. Judge Fuller said he would hear pretrial motions on June 9 in DeKalb County Superior Court.

Not guilty? What does the purpose driven life teach?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

good post & thanks for that Gerioke.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/12/1983

That's just amazing huh? It's almost like he was crying out for help and was so happy when his hostage told him about the Word and read that book to him.