IGNORED

I was right on the verge of leaving this site until...

John Robinson

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.92
  • Days Won:  226

I am all for putting someone on ignore especially if a member has been bullied and harassed by another member. But I am not for someone making a public announcement " I am putting you on ignore". It is just not called for and it is a threatening move. If a person feels that they need to put someone on ignore just do it.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

I sure wish more people would follow your lead.

So that the political forum dies of starvation? ;) Can you really say that about them and return there again yourself?

I am a member of a site that has an ignore function that is the best I've seen. It omits everything about the member on the ignore list. Their name, posts, even if someone quotes them, never appears again anywhere. 

It's sad though that it comes to that isn't it? :( 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,760
  • Content Per Day:  5.27
  • Days Won:  115

7 minutes ago, Jewels7 said:

So that the political forum dies of starvation? ;) Can you really say that about them and return there again yourself?

I am a member of a site that has an ignore function that is the best I've seen. It omits everything about the member on the ignore list. Their name, posts, even if someone quotes them, never appears again anywhere. 

It's sad though that it comes to that isn't it? :( 

The Political Forum itself is not the problem.  The problem comes when some of the members continue attacking each other with sarcastic replies, passive aggressive replies, baiting, etc.  All replies made in the flesh is what causes it to be what it is.  As a Servant (site admin), I have to monitor all forums, read hot threads, respond to all reports, and offer advice to those who are having a hard time with other members, besides the rest of the responsibilities that come with this ministry.  I try to encourage members who have a hard time in certain forums to seek out the forums they feel comfortable using, while having to deal with members who break the ToS, creating some forums, like U.S. Politics, a nightmare to be in for some.  They would like to have a normal discussion, but others deteriorate threads to a war zone.

This site uses IPBoards.  Do you know what platform the site you speak of uses?

Yes it is.  Perhaps you can encourage the violators to stop?

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, John Robinson said:

True, but it's probably as close as we're gonna get. What sold me is I won't have to see any anti-Trump screeds de jour coming from them. That's a win!

I'm thinking I made your list. 

39 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I am all for putting someone on ignore especially if a member has been bullied and harassed by another member. But I am not for someone making a public announcement " I am putting you on ignore". It is just not called for and it is a threatening move. If a person feels that they need to put someone on ignore just do it.

I don't think I would put someone on ignore for disagreeing with me. Or if I disagree with them. I would do it if they called me names and made me cry. But I can take a disagreement. If I put everyone on ignore here who disagreed with me I would talking to myself. 

Just now, LadyKay said:

I don't think I would put someone on ignore for disagreeing with me. Or if I disagree with them. I would do it if they called me names and made me cry. But I can take a disagreement. If I put everyone on ignore here who disagreed with me I would talking to myself. 

No, disagreeing with someone and if they do not have the same interpretation of Scripture is not a good reason to ignore someone but if after repeated incidents of haughty, bullying and harassing behavior then that is a good reason to not want to communicate with that person again. We are not door mats for toxic behavior.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

The Political Forum itself is not the problem.  The problem comes when some of the members continue attacking each other with sarcastic replies, passive aggressive replies, baiting, etc.  All replies made in the flesh is what causes it to be what it is.  As a Servant (site admin), I have to monitor all forums, read hot threads, respond to all reports, and offer advice to those who are having a hard time with other members, besides the rest of the responsibilities that come with this ministry.  I try to encourage members who have a hard time in certain forums to seek out the forums they feel comfortable using, while having to deal with members who break the ToS, creating some forums, like U.S. Politics, a nightmare to be in for some.  They would like to have a normal discussion, but others deteriorate threads to a war zone.

This site uses IPBoards.  Do you know what platform the site you speak of uses?

Yes it is.  Perhaps you can encourage the violators to stop?

I think it would be a good idea if we all encouraged the violators to stop by not rising to the invitation to meet them on their level. :)  Reminding one another that we are members of the body of Christ. And that we shouldn't act that way defending a president, a party, a political ideology, whatever the matter, when it comes to degrading ourselves or eroding our own community into a written version of fisticuffs.  Typing words meaning to hurt someone with them isn't making a point for an issue we're defending. It's making a point that we're able to be led from the peace in the grace of God and into the chaos of the world and its lord instead. 

P.S I'll see if I can find out what format they use at the other site. 

Edited by Jewels7

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,760
  • Content Per Day:  5.27
  • Days Won:  115

3 minutes ago, Jewels7 said:

I think it would be a good idea if we all encouraged the violators to stop by not rising to the invitation to meet them on their level. :)  Reminding one another that we are members of the body of Christ. And that we shouldn't act that way defending a president, a party, a political ideology, whatever the matter, when it comes to degrading ourselves or eroding our own community into a written version of fisticuffs.  Typing words meaning to hurt someone with them isn't making a point for an issue we're defending. It's making a point that we're able to be led from the peace in the grace of God and into the chaos of the world and its lord instead. 

Exactly!   I encourage you to do so, and any others that placed His will before their flesh!  We are called to be one body, not to be divisive.  In fact, we see instruction about this in Romans 16:17-18, and especially in Titus 3:9-11.

Those whom I encourage to leave the forum are those who has a desire to participate, but are easy targets because they are humble.  Due to their humility in Him, they have a hard time with those claiming to be a follower of the Lord, but their fruit proves otherwise, causing them pain but the attacks on them and their stance.  I find this on both side of the aisle, not just one.

Thanks for checking to see what platform they use.!

13 minutes ago, Jewels7 said:

I think these problems and concerns have been addressed without not a lot of change.

We should rename the forum "the shark tank".  :beehive: