zorgblar

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

While I don't deny that dreams may exists I have my doubts due to that say they have a dream and that dream doesn't line up with scripture as you said it must. There are more of this so called "dreams" from God that are not true that the dreams that are of God are almost completely obscured. It is kind of like bad apple in the whole bunch theory. While there might be a good apple in the bunch the rest of the bad apples will hide the good apple. If someone says they have a dream it had better line up with God's Word because God's Word is complete and that is the ruler that we should go by. So for me unless that dream completely lines up with scripture, which many unfortunately do not, I will question the validity of it and move on. I would think that if God was giving the dream it would be very distinct and you would know it was definitely from God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

God speaks in dreams today, more directing or edifying in a personal way.  It should be received as such unless it contradicts the Scriptures. Again, you have no proof that dreams from God have ceased.

"'And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; even on my male servants and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy. (Act 2:17-18)

Prophesying here, is really just preaching the Word. Not just seeing prophetic visions which also have ceased (since the canon of the bible is complete, there is no new prophecy).

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

2 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Out of body experiences the way most people understand them are not of God. I don't know why you are repeating yourself here as if you expect us to give you different answers from the last time.

Paul was speaking of a near death experience. I don't know why you would want that, either. Though any one of us could be called at any time to make that ultimate sacrifice we are NOT called of God to act like a bunch of suicidal morons.

Sorry about the whole out of body thing.I read what paul said and automatically i thought "what if god can do that through praying".

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

Just now, zorgblar said:

Sorry about the whole out of body thing.I read what paul said and automatically i thought "what if god can do that through praying".

Ahhh ok kewlness

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

18 hours ago, zorgblar said:

Your right.But i am talking hypnotically about Solomon and the wish god gave him in his dream.  

Kindly spell "god" as "God".  Just keep in mind that because Paul (not his friend) had an out of body experience, he also received his "thorn in the flesh" to trouble him daily.  That was probably a physical ailment.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

On 2/27/2017 at 1:25 PM, zorgblar said:

If you could have one wish like solomon had in his dreams when he met god in them what would it be?I would wish to have out of body experiences like paul's friend.

Healing. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Yowm said:

The Scripture says God spoke to Solomon in the night, it was not necessarily a dream. 

2 Chronicles 1:7 KJVS
[7] In that night did God appear unto Solomon, and said unto him, Ask what I shall give thee.

Usually in a dream it says so such as...

Genesis 20:3 KJVS
[3] But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife.

Genesis 31:24 KJVS
[24] And God came to Laban the Syrian in a dream by night, and said unto him, Take heed that thou speak not to Jacob either good or bad.

I Kings 3: 5 (KJV)  In Gibeon the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee

It was fresh in my mind as I just started studying I Kings today.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

2 hours ago, Ezra said:

Kindly spell "god" as "God".  Just keep in mind that because Paul (not his friend) had an out of body experience, he also received his "thorn in the flesh" to trouble him daily.  That was probably a physical ailment.

Sorry i will go back and fix it.

On 2017-02-27 at 7:25 PM, zorgblar said:

If you could have one wish like solomon had in his dreams when he met God in them what would it be?I would wish to have out of body experiences like paul's friend.

Solomon asked for wisdom, I would have asked for love. To love like this:

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 1

As a teenager, I actually used to mention it in my prayers. I would say to God "teach me to love the way that you love".

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Would the father creator really be upset by a lower case g? That's not his name after all. :) 

Little things .