• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

Would seem. 

3 hours ago, Saktmodig said:

This is why people have abortions. If she would have had an abortion and not told anyone about it, she would have been allowed to counsel.

That is bull and you know it! That is why people confess their sin, accept the consequences, see things through and then become a stronger witness for the Lord. Those kind of people become the best counselors!!

1 hour ago, Rick_Parker said:

That is bull and you know it! That is why people confess their sin, accept the consequences, see things through and then become a stronger witness for the Lord. Those kind of people become the best counselors!!

No, it is a very real and valid reason to have a secret abortion.

I take it from your post you think the girl should have been elevated as a good example of someone taking responsibility and seeing things through, and kept on as a counselor?  

5 minutes ago, Redemption79 said:

so you think she should have murdered the baby just so she can continue to counsel?

I think people should not be so quick to judge.

2 minutes ago, Redemption79 said:

i agree

i also think we should help our brothers and sisters to make right choices.

because murder the baby will not only sear her conscience forever, but also sin against God.

it is not in her best interest.

So you think that pregnancies outside of wedlock should be encouraged and cheered as good examples of female sacrifice? 

4 minutes ago, Redemption79 said:

no i think in situations where a bun is already in oven, the right choice to make in those situations is to allow the baby to live rather than murder it

and allow the mother to remain in obedient to God so she can have the best possible outcome given the situation.

proverb 9 10 The fear of the Lord is beggining of wisdom

but ideally we should help our fellow Christians to make right choices so it does not get to that point.

So you think we should stop God from creating life?

Edited by Saktmodig

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I assumed she was asking to be counseled.  Almost any situation that would lead up to this, whether poor choices or rape, would warrant counseling, and I can't imagine anyone providing counseling during the see saw of emotions during hormone variance during pregnancy.  No problem with women working during pregnancy but this person doesn't sound like a good candidate for being a counselor.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Being pregnant isn't a sin, Mary was unwed when she was overshadowed by the Holy Spirit and became pregnant with Jesus, and God does not sin. Scripture tells us that children are a gift from God.

Also, we can't assume she sinned to become pregnant, as pregnancy can also result from rape, or artificial insemination, to name two examples. To make a righteous judgement, your friend would need to determine if fornication actually took place.

If she did commit fornication, then after repentance, she should be restored as per scripture. After repentance, to continue in ministry work would depend on your friends church's by laws or signed commitments (if she signed such).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,177
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Rom 7 is true for all people that are in Christ... but the bottom line is the begin of Rom 8.