• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,257
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 minutes ago, Davida said:

The Shack - is a pack of seductive spiritual lies that contends against God's OWN Biblical Truth.  Secondly it is a less then mediocre book from a literary standpoint that was obviously written for easy access to the most people. 

A Heretical Quote from the Shack:  " “I don’t need to punish people for sin.  Sin is its own punishment, devouring you from the inside.  It’s not my purpose to punish it.  It’s my joy to cure it.”

According to scripture what did Jesus say about sin?

Mark 9:43, 48-49 “And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire…where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’ For everyone will be salted with fire.”

http://www.wnd.com/2017/02/the-shack-attack-jesus-has-no-desire-to-make-them-christian/

WND EXCLUSIVE

'THE SHACK' ATTACK: 'JESUS' HAS 'NO DESIRE TO MAKE THEM CHRISTIAN'

Author says new movie will actually lead people away from true faith -Published: 02/15/2017 at 7:50 PM

“I have no desire to make them Christian,” “Jesus Christ” says in a blockbuster book that’s described as “Christian.”

And when the narrator of the book mourns how people have “sold out to religious activity and patriotism, Jesus smiles as He states, “Those who love me come from every system that exists.”

The dialogue is excerpted from “The Shack,” a best-selling book about to premiere as a major movie of the same name.

The New York Times best-seller claims to help people understand the nature of God.

But one critic who knows both the book and its author well says “The Shack” actually it is leading people away from the Christian faith.

James De Young, a New Testament language and literature professor at Western Seminary in Portland, Oregon, wrote “Burning Down The Shack” to challenge the claims made in the book. He argues “The Shack” is trying to redefine what Christianity is.

Is one of the most successful “Christian” books in history actually promoting anti-Christian beliefs? Don’t be fooled. Find out the terrible true story behind “The Shack” and uncover the heretical doctrines being promoted. Your soul could be at stake. “Burning Down The Shack” by James DeYoung, available now in the WND Superstore.

“It is not for me to define who is a Christian, and in truth only God knows who is,” he cautions. “But we should go to the Bible for the definition. The Bible says that to become a child of God, to be born again, means to put my personal faith and trust in the person of Jesus Christ as the Son of God who died on the cross for my sins and who rose from the grave and lives for evermore. Texts such as John 1:12-13; 3:3-8; 14:6; Romans 6:23; 10:9-10 give the clearest guidance of who a Christian is. These texts identify who are followers of Jesus Christ, who are first called Christians in Acts 11:26.”

De Young argues many supposed “Christians” are not following the Bible. As result, many who accept the label of “Christians” can’t really be called “Christian” in any meaningful sense.

“It is a sad reality that many who profess to be Christians have rejected the authority of the Bible on this matter and many others,” he said. “To be a Christian means one must accept Jesus Christ as his or her personal savior and obey Him. Further, many Christians are biblically illiterate and are unaware that they may have embraced heresy – doctrines that are opposed to what Jesus and the Apostles taught. Christians need to possess discernment in order to avoid these destructive doctrines and the spiritual danger they engender.”

Among the most destructive ideas is that of “universal reconciliation,” the idea all people will ultimately be reconciled to God. Of course, if this is true, then there is no hell, no need for repentance and really no need for faith anyway.

WND Founder Joseph Farah denounced the tendency to deny the reality of sin in his newest book, “The Restitution of All Things.”

Farah wrote:

“People don’t want to be accountable for their sin – even those who call themselves Christians. One way of being unaccountable for sin is to deny it exists. That’s what atheists do. That’s what people who say the Bible is a fairy tale do. But increasingly, that’s what too many who call themselves Christians do as well – often seizing on the teachings of contemporary pastors and authors who don’t mind leading people to hell if it helps them build a popular and prosperous megachurch.”

It’s the book that gives you tomorrow’s news today! Get your autographed copy of “The Restitution of All Things: Israel, Christians and the End of the Age.”

De Young claims William Paul Young, the author of “The Shack,” has embraced this heretical doctrine.

“When Paul Young presented his paper to our forum in 2004, in which he rejected his ‘evangelical paradigm’ and embraced universal reconciliation, he asked me, after I had raised several questions and concerns: ‘Jim, do you believe that I am a Christian?’ I answered: ‘Paul, the Bible says that the only thing one must do to become a Christian is to accept Jesus Christ as one’s personal Savior, and live in obedience to him.’

“Thus it is not surprising that Paul Young himself wants to redefine who is a Christian and who in ‘The Shack’ has Jesus say that he doesn’t desire to make anyone a Christian on Page 182. This is typical universalist speech.”

For that reason, De Young urges Christians to read “Burning Down The Shack” and become discerning about the spiritual danger presented by “universal reconciliation” and the other teachings in “The Shack.”

burning_down_shack_bookcover

“So first, Paul Young doesn’t want to be known as a Christian,” De Young laments. “Second, Jesus warned of those who would profess to be his followers but are inwardly deceiving, ravenous wolves heading for spiritual destruction because they do not bear good fruit and do what he says, as cited in Matthew 7:13-27. Jesus and the Apostles teach what a follower of Jesus must believe about God, Jesus, judgment, and eternal destiny.”

De Young believes “The Shack” and its author do not follow these beliefs. Therefore, he says boldly, “The Shack” cannot be called a Christian book, nor can its author.

“If a person rejects all of these truths or redefines them in ways that contradict what Jesus and the Apostles say, as ‘The Shack’ teaches, then that person’s claim to be a follower of the Lord Jesus is false – so Jesus said in Matthew 7:23,” stated De Young.

De Young believes the American church is in crisis. The answer, he argues, is repentance.

“We must return via repentance, revival and renewal to the teaching of the Bible,” he said. “We must acknowledge it as authoritative in all beliefs and practices that Christians believe and do. This is the thrust of the Protestant Reformation, now celebrating its 500th anniversary. Without submitting to the authority of the Bible the Gospel is distorted and everyone becomes his own authority for what he believes and does – the end result of which is to lead many to destruction, as it says in Matthew 7:13-14. But it is uncertain that this renewal will occur apart from some external pressure such as persecution or a national calamity or international threat.

“I hope the church can rise to the challenge.”

Is one of the most successful “Christian” books in history actually promoting anti-Christian beliefs? Don’t be fooled. Find out the terrible true story behind “The Shack” and uncover the heretical doctrines being promoted. Your soul could be at stake. “Burning Down The Shack” by James DeYoung, available now in the WND Superstore.

The whole goal of these shack books , or other mystic nonsense , is to get the people prepared for an all inclusive mindset .     In fact .     I bet most who support the shack

ALREADY like some of those all inclusive mindsets , with UNITY for world peace.     ASK WILLIE , SEE what he says . 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1

I had hoped you were able to reply without flooding with someone else's words...… But, I will answer one only.  You can ask more later.

The wages of sin are already set.  They are going to go ahead and occur without God having to punish anyone.  The Bible says He came to save that which was (already) lost... NOT to specifically search out and punish those individuals He could locate who were committing sin.

Edited by Willie T

8 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

For one thing: God's wishes and what man does are two different things.

For another: let's look again at some of the stuff in the book-

I'd have to say that this consists of more teaching on universalism than at "the end" of the book.

Not if you are reading without preconceived hate in your heart.  But, I am not sure people intent on damning something can do that.

Let us look at just the very first piece of someone's faulty thinking you copied:

3. On the Cross, God forgave all of humanity, whether they repent or not. Some choose a relationship with Him, but He forgives them all regardless.

Jesus explained that only those who come to Him will be saved (John 14:6).

*Page 225:" “In Jesus, I have forgiven all humans for their sins against me, but only some choose relationship” "

Break it down:

On the Cross, God forgave all of humanity, whether they repent or not.

Is this true, or not?  What were Jesus' very own words spoken on the cross?  Did He not forgive those people murdering Him?  "Yes", He did. 

Were they "repentant?"  "No", they were not.

Some choose a relationship with Him, but He forgives them all regardless.

Are you familiar with John 3:16?  Can you tell me the "qualifications" God gave there?  Did God love only a portion of the world?  "No", the Bible says differently.  It says He loved "the world".  You seem to be able to make that mean only a segment, but I can't.  I read "all the world."

Now, did He say that only a portion of those forgiven by Jesus' sacrifice would choose to accept His offer to have a relationship with Him and become part of His family?  "Yes", He did.  Did He say that it would be THEIR choice?  "Yes", He did. (whosoever)

I think you could be having some of the same problems the person you copied from experienced.  You are probably comfortable and used to hearing "a relationship" referred to as "being saved", so it may be difficult for you to see them as the very same thing.

In truth, that quote from The Shack is simply the exact thing the Bible expressed.  But, it could be that it is upsetting you because you may have a need to hear it spoken with the same "accepted" religious words you grew up hearing.

5 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

Jesus died on the cross for us, but until we take Him up on His offer and repent, we are not forgiven. (John 3 says that those who reject the Lord are condemned already; say, isn't that the same passage you just tried to use as proof?)

God loved the whole world, but He judges most of it at the Great White Throne: those that rejected Him. Love doesn't mean permissiveness, or did you forget the Great Flood? Did God love them any less? Remember, He loves "the world", or in your estimation, was that "the world" only going on from Jesus' time on? Maybe God loved Nineveh more than Sodom and Gomorrah when He fire-bombed those two cities but spared Nineveh?

So which "segment" of them do you think I left out?

As for your latter comment: the part you're forgetting is that in all of this, you have defended the Shack so vehemently and aggressively, that to those observing this topic, it would appear that it holds a higher place of prominence for you than Scripture does.  As far as it goes, you have made your choice, and chose the Shack over the Bible. That's not something you're going to want to give an account to the Lord for, but hey: you can always see if "Mack" would be willing to stand up for you...

...after all, he only poisoned his dad. What could go wrong?

Sad.  Your own final words demonstrate that you actually DON'T believe in forgiveness.  Moses also deliberately murdered a man.  As did David... and Sampson...…..  yet you are writing that the character in The Shack cannot be forgiven for the same thing.

-Sojo414 out (of topic)

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  13,257
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

What is sad , is when men love what is contrary TO GOD , and accuse those who don't , as being haters .

WHEN I said in time under this all inclusive mindset that the true ones will be seen as nothing but haters of humanity .,   WELL WILLIE KEEPS PROVING ME RIGHT .

I am telling you all now ,   we must not fear what men will do unto us .  WE MUST STAY ONLY IN THAT BIBLE and reject any teaching contrary to it .

I just wonder what willie thinks about this idea of unity for world peace all inclusive message .    Would the real willie please stand up and say how he feels

about this interfaith all inclusive move for unity and world peace .    Just wondering how far along you are is all .   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,032
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  3

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 3:11 AM, shiloh357 said:

3. On the Cross, God forgave all of humanity, whether they repent or not. Some choose a relationship with Him, but He forgives them all regardless.

This one is actually quite controversial right now. Universalism is getting a lot of discussion on the internet. It's happening fresh because a lot of people now have easy access to Greek lexicons and a lot of articles are being written about it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,032
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/19/2017 at 2:11 AM, shiloh357 said:

9. There is no such a thing as eternal judgment or torment in hell.

Jesus’ own description of hell is vivid. It cannot be denied (Luke 12:5, 16:23).

I disagree with this one quite strongly. ECT is being destroyed in every corner of the internet, and churches that will allow it to be discussed.

A nice starting point:

And yes, your two scriptures are handily addressed there.

Edited by Steve_S
Removed link.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

5 hours ago, Willie T said:

Let us look at just the very first piece of someone's faulty thinking you copied:

Break it down:

Is this true, or not?  What were Jesus' very own words spoken on the cross?  Did He not forgive those people murdering Him?  "Yes", He did. 

Were they "repentant?"  "No", they were not.

Are you familiar with John 3:16?  Can you tell me the "qualifications" God gave there?  Did God love only a portion of the world?  "No", the Bible says differently.  It says He loved "the world".  You seem to be able to make that mean only a segment, but I can't.  I read "all the world."

Now, did He say that only a portion of those forgiven by Jesus' sacrifice would choose to accept His offer to have a relationship with Him and become part of His family?  "Yes", He did.  Did He say that it would be THEIR choice?  "Yes", He did. (whosoever)

I think you could be having some of the same problems the person you copied from experienced.  You are probably comfortable and used to hearing "a relationship" referred to as "being saved", so it may be difficult for you to see them as the very same thing.

In truth, that quote from The Shack is simply the exact thing the Bible expressed.  But, it could be that it is upsetting you because you may have a need to hear it spoken with the same "accepted" religious words you grew up hearing.

John 3

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him.
18 He who believes on Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.

This is what the bible says. Which isnt quite the same as you are stating in your post. Those who do not believe in Jesus are doomed. 

• This is Worthy 1

34 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

John 3

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him.
18 He who believes on Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.

This is what the bible says. Which isnt quite the same as you are stating in your post. Those who do not believe in Jesus are doomed. 

How silly are you going to get with this?  How is someone going to have a relationship (which The Shack is all about) with someone if you don't believe in them or if you want to deny them?