IGNORED

Domestic Terrorist

ruck1b

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Tea Ess said:

No terrorism is meaningless.

Islamic terrorism is committed by a small set of Muslims as well. 

Small?   1% of Muslims which is about 10 million.  10 million terrorists isn't a small set.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  312
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/05/1998

That is indeed what you sound like to me. Again, please stop with the partisanship. Considering violent white supremacists to be terrorists should not be a controversial issue. 

A small percentage of a population is a small subset, which was my intended meaning. 

As a liberal, I try to defend the rights of everyone, which includes Muslims. Islamic theocracies are part of the reason why I support separation of church and state. 

16 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

But these same people ignore or greatly downplay Muslim terrorism as if it doesn't exist, even though every single instance of it, here, in this country, always kills multiple people.

This is blatantly false. Some Islamic terror attacks killed one person, and some injured people but did not kill anyone.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

The term terrorism, at its root, takes on basically the same meaning, to cause terror for gain.  One definition speaks of how it affects the nation as a whole while another definition speaks in general terms, yet, all agree in the base wording.  Instead of focusing of the differences, try to work within similarities.

5 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

You bring up White Supremacy and then drop it like it's hot when it doesn't actually fit the scenario  you are trying to use it in.  In today's world, as a group, White Supremacists do not go around killing people.  Yes, you have lone individuals claiming allegiance to the movement that kill people much like some whack job claiming to be Christian killing an abortion doctor.  It is not wide-spread and it is not terrorism since it targets one single aspect of the population, not society as a whole.

I was told that using more than one example was 'moving the goalposts,' so I narrowed the discussion to the KKK, which is still white supremacist. White supremacists still murder people, and it's more widespread than this one attack. Targeting a segment of the population is still terrorism per the FBI definition. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I can't believe there are people here who are trying to say that there is no such thing as domestic terrorist. It is taking everything I have to keep myself from screaming at some of of you "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR THINKING?"  And the comment about how White Supremacists don't go around killing people almost caused me to smash my head against the computer screen. I don't understand what has happen to people.  Now I don't want to get anymore warning points so I wont say anything else nor is this directed to any one person. It is just a general comment about the whole topic. :th_frusty:

Guest shiloh357
24 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I can't believe there are people here who are trying to say that there is no such thing as domestic terrorist. :th_frusty:

who said that?   The shooting in Orlando, the shooting in San Bernandino, the shooting in Ft Hood, the terrorist attack in Ohio at the university with the car and the knife, and Boston bombing are all examples of domestic terrorism.

It is taking everything I have to keep myself from screaming at some of of you "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR THINKING?"

Maybe then, you need to actually read what is being said, rather than reacting to what you think is being said.   Slowing down a bit and actually taking the time to read the responses would be very helpful.

And the comment about how White Supremacists don't go around killing people almost caused me to smash my head against the computer screen

Again, no one said that.   What was said is that they commit hate crimes and that hate crimes are not the same as terrorist attacks.   Again, slow down and read the comments more carefully.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Tea Ess said:

I was told that using more than one example was 'moving the goalposts,' so I narrowed the discussion to the KKK, which is still white supremacist. White supremacists still murder people, and it's more widespread than this one attack. Targeting a segment of the population is still terrorism per the FBI definition. 

No, that is not true.  White Supremacists commit hate crimes when they murder people because it is not about advancing a social or political objective.  They simply kill based on race.  They murder those of other races and anyone of their own race that sympathizes with them.   Simply targeting a group of people doesn't make it a hate crime.   You are trying to get around the actual FBI definition in order to redefine definition of terrorism to make it fit what you want to consider "terrorism."

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

3 hours ago, Tea Ess said:

Going by the FBI's definition you yourself posted, acts of violence committed by the KKK to intimidate black people were acts of terrorism. The KKK had both political and social agendas and actively tried to achieve them through terror. 

So you agree the attack by the Trump supporter in Canada was terrorism? 

I fail to see how a Canadian would fall under the umbrella of 'Trump supporter'.  By whose  word was he a Trump supporter?  It's my understanding he was a ultra-right wing zealot.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

But you only cite part of the definition.   There has to be a coercion of an intended society or civilian population relative to a social or political goal/objective.

Depends on why he did it.  If it meets the FBI definition then yes. 

The problem is that there is now a tendency to deflect from the fact that terrorists are almost always Muslims.   People are starting to broaden their definition of terrorism to include hate crimes.   And if they can find a hate crime committed by a white, non-Muslim, all the better.

It's just another misguided liberal attempt to refdefine terror and protect Muslims, particularly Muslim terrorists.

I see you have it figured out, Shiloh.  If there's any way to deflect blame from muslims, the left will find it.  Luckily, most people don't buy it.