MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Okay, this is written from a more secular point of view but it's a good reminder to all of us.....I believe that some of the prohibitions ceased after Jesus assumed all sin though.

http://scribol.com/a/lifestyle/spirituality/everyday-things-that-are-strictly-forbidden-by-the-bible/?utm_source=Yahoo_Gemini&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=Bible_Everyday_Things_US_Desktop_Thu0330_E&utm_content=ak0n.pYGBTvCuwg--

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

4 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Okay, this is written from a more secular point of view but it's a good reminder to all of us.....I believe that some of the prohibitions ceased after Jesus assumed all sin though.

http://scribol.com/a/lifestyle/spirituality/everyday-things-that-are-strictly-forbidden-by-the-bible/?utm_source=Yahoo_Gemini&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=Bible_Everyday_Things_US_Desktop_Thu0330_E&utm_content=ak0n.pYGBTvCuwg--

You are talking tattoo's, drinking alcohol...etc?? What about marijuana which is legal now in some States?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

You are talking tattoo's, drinking alcohol...etc?? What about marijuana which is legal now in some States?

Genesis 1:29“And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.”:P 

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Mmmmm....i didn't write the piece so I don't know.  That would probably be under not being drunk I would think since the Bible doesn't mention marijuana.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I noticed most are all Livitical laws.  There are 613 of these laws.  Why choose just a few out of the 613?  God tells us that if we break just one, we break them all.  That said, we don't live under the Livitical Laws as they were meant for the Hebrews, not Gentiles.  Jesus Himself said:

Matthew 22:34-40

But when the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together. Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying, “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”

Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/30/1978

50 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

Amen.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

All kidding aside, a good point is believers tend to completely disregard the Law, which is a mistake, simply because we are not bound to it. 

Galatians 3:24-25.

God has redirected the focus from Law keeping to evangelism of the lost. But when we misuse the grace it requires for us to be able to aim for that redirected goal, it becomes a license to sin. 

And that's very bad no matter how you try to justify it.