IGNORED

Is Maryology Idolatry?

Spock

Guest Judas Machabeus
6 minutes ago, Spock said:

Yes, the RCC did not begin until after the Constantine's Council of Nicaea met in 323 AD, so clearly they were not the first church. We had 300 years before them of church.  So no one can argue that they were the first church, therefore the one God is protecting, because they weren't. 

This is wrought with so much error. I'd ask for you to support your claim but that request seldom goes answered. 

IF your claim is true please cite some pre 300 Christian documents that supports this  

Edited by Judas Machabeus

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

I've never read the NT in the Greek so I wouldn't know. But it doesn't matter because you are forcing modern day North American culture and  linguistics onto a 1st century middle eastern culture. 

There is no word in Hebrew or Aramaic for cousin....... I know I know! Don't get a head of me. 

Jesus spoke Aramaic. So did his family and likely all those around him growing up. So for 33 years he and his family referred to cousins as brothers and sisters. And therefore they were recorded as such. 

Now to come back to the Greek. Why didn't they refer them as cousins in the Greek than, since the NT was written in the Greek and there's a word for cousin. Simply because that's not how they were referred to as. We see in the OT as Lot is called Abrahams brother in the KJV

Gen 14:14

And when Abram heard that his brother was taken captive, he armed his trained servants, born in his own house, three hundred and eighteen, and pursued them unto Dan.

We know that he was his nephew yet you see the term brother still being used. Other translations use relative or kinsman. But not the KJV. Why, well because even though Lot was properly a nephew, Lot was not called nephew because there was no word for that. The brothers and sisters of Jesus are no different. They weren't called cousins in Greek because in everyday communication they were not called that because Hebrew and Aramaic don't have a word for cousin. 

This is regarding Lot but is also applicable to Jews of the time of Jesus:

When one look at the Hebrew words used for “brother” in both Genesis 14:14 and 14:16 we see it is אָח.  The Hebrew word אָח can be used in more than one sense and it does not necessarily mean brother in the sense of family members having the same mother and father.

https://veritasdomain.wordpress.com/2016/11/04/bible-contradiction-was-lot-abrahams-brother-or-nephew/

I would also like to point out that God has done all He can to prevent people from giving Mary undue reverence either directly....

Luke 11:27-8

And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed [is] the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.

28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed [are] they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

Or indirectly, as in the fact that Mary is not mentioned after Acts.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

48 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

This is wrought with so much error. I'd ask for you to support your claim but that request seldom goes answered. 

IF your claim is true please cite some pre 300 Christian documents that supports this  

You want some pre 323 documents to support there were churches before the council of Nicaea.....okay, but you aren't going to like my answer because it comes right out of.............

THE HOLY BIBLE!!!!!!!  YIKES!!!!!!!! (And not some Pope's dictum. )

Read all of Pauls letter to the CHURCHES....that's right....in Ephesus, Corinth, Galatia, Colassae, etc

oh, and while you have your Bible open,  go ahead and read Revelation 2 and 3 to meet six CHURCHES located in present day Turkey. And if you are really bold, go ahead and read the Book of Acts, where you will find more CHURCHES too! 

Edited by Spock
Spelling

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

4 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

I think if you did that it might break the internet ;) 

Really, then i won't.   :rolleyes:

On 4/3/2017 at 11:27 PM, warrior12 said:

You know, when i am at work i have the privilege to look at some youtube videos.  There is one series  that i especially like and it is called " How it's made" .   You can see how baseball balls are made, screws, and all kind of things that we use every day.  I saw one, where they now make synthetic diamonds that the only way to tell the difference from the real diamond stone is by special scanning tools to see the crystals.   All this to say, Satan is a master counterfeiter and does so very well.     If there are believers in the rcc,  then  they will be convicted when they read the gospel and will not or cannot remain there.  They will have to come out and not participate in the false doctrines and others.   A believer who have read and hear the gospels, cannot be subservient to extra Biblical teachings.

Sorry warrior, I just read this. 

This is exactly what happened to me (not trying to sound proud). Once I bowed my knee and asked God for forgiveness, I knew I could not go back to the RCC and be a part of all that unnecessary baggage. But that was me.

However, does this mean those who don't leave are NOT true believers? Or that there aren't any true believers in the RCC? I don't think one can make a black and white statement like this, do you? I take the position that there probably has to be a remnant. No real basis for thinking that though, just applying what I think is common sense. 

Thanks, 

spock

Edited by Spock
Spelling, add a thought.

On 4/4/2017 at 8:44 AM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Dear Brother Spockster....lol

Well,I am going to quote you.....because I do agree 100% & of course,it is my personal Convictions same as it is yours......

It's all a matter of the HEART.....in my eyes,and YES indeed....ONLY GOD Knows a mans heart                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

Lol, Kwik.  You still quoted me......love it!  You are an INDEPENDENT woman with a mind of her own. Nice. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

6 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

ALL HAVE SINNED and fall short of the glory of God.

Romans 3:23 | View whole chapter | See verse in context

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.

Thank you Matrix for your responce. By citing this passage, is it your contention that when it says, " since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God," that it means absolutely every person who has ever lived, no exception, has sinned? Which means Mary had to have sinned, correct?

One last thing Matrix, I've asked a couple of folks (warrior12, Spock) if they were seeking God, and their reply was they were without a doubt. Would you agree with them that you too are seeking God??

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

1 hour ago, Spock said:

Sorry warrior, I just read this. 

This is exactly what happened to me (not trying to sound proud). Once I bowed my knee and asked God for forgiveness, I knew I could not go back to the RCC and be a part of all that unnecessary baggage. But that was me.

However, does this mean those who don't leave are NOT true believers? Or that there aren't any true believers in the RCC? I don't think one can make a black and white statement like this, do you? I take the position that there probably has to be a remnant. No real basis for thinking that though, just applying what I think is common sense. 

Thanks, 

spock

Mr. Spock.     The way i see it,  man cannot serve mammon and God.  I mentioned, if one heard the gospel preached and they are not convicted of the idolatry, then therein lies a problem.   The gospels condemns idolatry and false worship.   Therefore, worship is now in spirit and truth and not through the relics and others.   If as we know, God hates idolatry and one has accepted Jesus Christ as Lord, then there should be no other being or thoughts of the Godhead but him.    

Many have asked the question you have and to put it bluntly, they have family members that refuses to let go of the pagan system. As any or  most father,mother,son and daughter have or want the best of God's grace on their family members, they hope that they are saved and will have a place in heaven.  There are some who, because they are illiterate as in many third world countries, are true believers and is trying to please God as true from the heart, that these are saved.    Only God knows these situations. 

Proverbs 23  King James Version (KJV)

23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

28 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Mr. Spock.     The way i see it,  man cannot serve mammon and God.  I mentioned, if one heard the gospel preached and they are not convicted of the idolatry, then therein lies a problem.   The gospels condemns idolatry and false worship.   Therefore, worship is now in spirit and truth and not through the relics and others.   If as we know, God hates idolatry and one has accepted Jesus Christ as Lord, then there should be no other being or thoughts of the Godhead but him.    

Many have asked the question you have and to put it bluntly, they have family members that refuses to let go of the pagan system. As any or  most father,mother,son and daughter have or want the best of God's grace on their family members, they hope that they are saved and will have a place in heaven.  There are some who, because they are illiterate as in many third world countries, are true believers and is trying to please God as true from the heart, that these are saved.    Only God knows these situations. 

Proverbs 23  King James Version (KJV)

23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

I hear you, bro.  Thanks for sharing those words from your heart.

i told my wife, im glad I'm not God......but whatever He chooses, I'm okay because I TOTALLY TRUST MY GOD (and yours too)!

spock

ps.  The Mr is classy. Thank you. 

Edited by Spock
Add ps

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

6 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Sure as soon as you show me biblical proof that everything has to been shown from the bible. 

Cant do it can you----