IGNORED

Is Maryology Idolatry?

Spock

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

You loose me on this. How did the spirit give only blood. Blood is a physical component that doesn't appear until well have conception. So Jesus wasn't  Jesus from the moment of conception? All of Jesus's DNA and physical component came from Mary. The divine nature has no physical component. God doesn't have blood, DNA or chromosomes. 

This I had to look up because I didn't believe it. Now mind you I didn't dig too deep, but it appears this might be true. 

I still stand by my line of reasoning and here is why. There was no sperm (the Holy Spirit is Spirit and has now body) Jesus came from Mary's egg. Once conceived that egg began to divid and continued to divid until a circulatory system developed. Jesus blood came from Mary's egg. There was no blood was later injected into the egg by the Holy Spirit. 

-----------------------------

Lets explore Gen 9:4

-----------------------------

your argument about the soul being in the blood is an interesting one. One I have not heard and therefore considered. At first thought this seems unlikely. By saying the soul is in the blood than if you removed the blood from a person and put it into a container (a bit morbid to think I know) than you would have the persons soul trapped. What about blood transfusion, are you also injecting someone's soul into another person than? What about when a person dies peacefully than, are you saying that as long as the blood is in the person their soul doesn't leave? These are the questions that first come to mind. So I got out my google-fu and started looking. 

Bible Hub (which is NOT Catholic) has a bunch of commentaries and they list them one after another for easy comparison. it's seems what is happening here is few ideas: prohibition against cruelty, With out the blood the animal will not live, The blood is for God and God alone, in the atoning of sins. The idea that our eternal soul is contained in our blood is not supported by the commentaries. So it boils down to who is interpreting that verse correctly, you or them.

I was also curious to see what a Jewish commentary had to say on the subject. 

4But, flesh with its soul, its blood, you shall not eat. דאַךְ בָּשָׂר בְּנַפְשׁוֹ דָמוֹ לֹא תֹאכֵלוּ:

flesh with its soul: He prohibited them [to eat] a limb [cut off from] a living creature; i.e., as long as its soul is in it, you shall not eat the flesh. — [from Sanh. ad loc.] [i.e., if the limb is cut from the animal while it is alive, it is forbidden to be eaten even after the animal expires.] בשר בנפשו: אסר להם אבר מן החי, כלומר כל זמן שנפשו בו לא תאכלו הבשר:

with its soul, its blood: As long as its soul is within it. בנפשו דמו: בעוד נפשו בו:

flesh with its soul…you shall not eat: This refers to a limb of a living creature. And also, its blood, you shall not eat-This refers to blood of a living creature. — [from above source]

http://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/8173/jewish/Chapter-9.htm#showrashi=true

I believe Our soul is our consciousness, our awareness, our intellect. It is not contained in our blood vessels. There are not red blood cells, white blood cells and soul blood cells. Our blood is blood our muscles are muscles etc etc. The soul does not have a physical component. There isn't pools of blood floating around in heaven.

So I will continue to believe that the merits of Christ sacrifice was applied to Mary at the moment of her conception and was purified perfectly, she was filled full of grace and with that grace was able to remain sinless creating a perfect vessel for which Jesus would get his physical form from.

Cheers and God Bless

So you have to go to a Jewish commentary to defend a Roman Catholic heresy...   That's rich...  :24:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

8 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

You loose me on this. How did the spirit give only blood. Blood is a physical component that doesn't appear until well have conception. So Jesus wasn't  Jesus from the moment of conception? All of Jesus's DNA and physical component came from Mary. The divine nature has no physical component. God doesn't have blood, DNA or chromosomes. 

Cheers and God Bless

Hi Judas,

You did some interesting research there bro. Glad you took what I said seriously. However you misunderstood me, something easy to do on forums etc. I meant that the Holy Spirit created, (as he did all things) Jesus` blood. And to be technical, He would do that in the DNA. Now our soul is our personality etc but not the spirit. Jesus` spirit was/is divine. That is His God part. Thus not connected to Mary.

Now if Mary was made perfect she would not have passed on a human body to Jesus that could suffer, get marred, be tired, weak, etc & finally die. A perfect body would not die. Thus Mary had a body that was still subject to the consequences of the curse.

regards, Marilyn.

And please let me apologise for the rudeness of Shiloh. No need for that. 

5 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

So you have to go to a Jewish commentary to defend a Roman Catholic heresy...   That's rich...  :24:

Shiloh,

That was really uncalled for & not in a spirit of gentleness & humbleness, that is required for as we discuss.

And BTW you may want to know that some of your views are very similar to the JW`s end times views.

Marilyn.

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Shiloh,

That was really uncalled for & not in a spirit of gentleness & humbleness, that is required for as we discuss.

And BTW you may want to know that some of your views are very similar to the JW`s end times views.

Marilyn.

I have no views similar to the JWs.  I know what they believe and I come nowhere close to them. 

Guest Judas Machabeus
1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

You did some interesting research there bro

I may act like I know everything (whispering) but I really don't ;) but that's just between you and me. 

So how do you know the Holy Spirit creates the blood. Would it not be part of the delvelopment process of the baby. Or am I still missing something. I don't know the Holy Spirit creates the blood. 

As for the DNA, if nothing came from Mary that why in-pregnant her?

Cheers and God Bless

3 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I have no views similar to the JWs.  I know what they believe and I come nowhere close to them. 

You may like to check out their eschatological views bro, Shiloh.

Marilyn.

2 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

I may act like I know everything (whispering) but I really don't ;) but that's just between you and me. 

So how do you know the Holy Spirit creates the blood. Would it not be part of the delvelopment process of the baby. Or am I still missing something. I don't know the Holy Spirit creates the blood. 

As for the DNA, if nothing came from Mary that why in-pregnant her?

Cheers and God Bless

Hi Judas,

Yes, that is the attitude we all should have as we discuss with each other, & not head bang according to so - called organisational views. God looks at our hearts & while our minds are trying to process & understand truths it is a journey with the Holy Spirit. And no one has a corner on all truth.

So...to our discussion. The Holy Spirit made Adam`s blood in the first place, before the fall, and that is the human blood that the Holy Spirit made for Jesus, pure & not sinful. Now I said that Mary, contributed the human side of Jesus with regard to the physical, but NOT the life, the divine nature which goes with the blood, as the life is in the blood. The natural life in the blood is with all the red & white cells etc & with that the spirit life is connected.

Mary only contributed the physical side of Jesus` body & that had the consequences of sin but NOT the sin life of Adam which comes through the blood.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

12 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Judas,

Yes, that is the attitude we all should have as we discuss with each other, & not head bang according to so - called organisational views. God looks at our hearts & while our minds are trying to process & understand truths it is a journey with the Holy Spirit. And no one has a corner on all truth.

So...to our discussion. The Holy Spirit made Adam`s blood in the first place, before the fall, and that is the human blood that the Holy Spirit made for Jesus, pure & not sinful. Now I said that Mary, contributed the human side of Jesus with regard to the physical, but NOT the life, the divine nature which goes with the blood, as the life is in the blood. The natural life in the blood is with all the red & white cells etc & with that the spirit life is connected.

Mary only contributed the physical side of Jesus` body & that had the consequences of sin but NOT the sin life of Adam which comes through the blood.

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

This is the first time i have ever head the underlined, bold statement.  Can you show where in scripture we are told that the Holy  Spirit made Adam's blood?

31 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Hi Marilyn,

This is the first time i have ever head the underlined, bold statement.  Can you show where in scripture we are told that the Holy  Spirit made Adam's blood?

Hi OneLight,

I think it quite feasible to see that if God made Adam`s body then that would include his blood also.

`And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.` (Gen. 2: 7)

`Surely for your lifeblood, I will demand a reckoning;....` (Gen. 9: 3)

Marilyn.

5 minutes ago, Davida said:

Hi Davida,

Glad you looked into the JW`s. Now I wont get into it here as it will take this thread way off, however I plan to start a thread soon & that will be part of it. See you there soon.

Marilyn.