IGNORED

Is Maryology Idolatry?

Spock

Guest Judas Machabeus
2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

The Holy Spirit made Adam`s blood in the first place

Thank you for the distinction physical life and spiritual life. I agree that Jesus got his divinity from the Holy Spirit and His physical body from Mary. I missed that in your previous post. 

Now help me with the part I quote above. How do you know Adams blood came from the Holy Spirit. Adam was made from the earth and Adam was not divine. So if Jesus got his life blood from the Holy Spirit (meaning his divinity) how does that parallel Adam?

Guest Judas Machabeus
1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi OneLight,

I think it quite feasible to see that if God made Adam`s body then that would include his blood also.

`And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.` (Gen. 2: 7)

`Surely for your lifeblood, I will demand a reckoning;....` (Gen. 9: 3)

Marilyn.

I see the question was asked and answered. 

Heres is a stumbling block for me. Breathing into the nostrils and gave him life is not making his blood. Breathing into Adam was the momnent when from an animal to a sentient being with an immortal soul. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

37 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

I see the question was asked and answered. 

Heres is a stumbling block for me. Breathing into the nostrils and gave him life is not making his blood. Breathing into Adam was the momnent when from an animal to a sentient being with an immortal soul. 

Hi Judas,

You ask very good & insightful questions which make us all think.

When God made Adam he made Him with flesh, bones, organs & blood, all the things that make a body. The `breath of life` that God breathed into man, (Gen. 2: 7) is the life force to make Adam alive. Now God tells us that that life force is connected to the blood -

`But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood. Surely for your lifeblood I will demand a reckoning..` (Gen. 9: 4 & 5)

So there we see that life & the blood are connected. We know that when someone dies, perhaps a heart failure, then the blood also `dies,` in that it stops functioning. And we know that the spirit of man then will return to God.

`Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it.` (Ecc. 12: 7)

So when Adam sinned we know that his body would return to the dust, it would eventually die. However because he procreated and had children & they had children etc then Adam`s blood line was passed on. This brought with it sin, sickness & disease which in every generation got progressively worse.

`For in Adam all die...` (1Cor. 15: 22)

Now with Adam`s blood line (of sickness etc) there also came his fallen human nature -

`...evil desire, & covertness....anger, wrath, malice, etc...` (Col. 3: 5 & 8)

Christ did not have that nature but the divine nature -

`compassion, grace, mercy, longsuffering, tender hearted, pure. holy, faithful, etc.....` (throughout God`s word)

So putting it all together we see that the Lord could not have had Adam`s blood line with its fallen nature, but had the pure blood line (as Adam first had) by the Holy Spirit with the divine nature that we see exhibited through His earthly ministry.

Hope that is clearer. Marilyn.

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

You may like to check out their eschatological views bro, Shiloh.

Marilyn.

My eschatological views are biblical and are not derived from the JWs.

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

My eschatological views are biblical and are not derived from the JWs.

Hi Shiloh,

Some of your eschatological view may not be derived from the JW`s but as my future post will show they are very similar. Hope to see you there contributing, bro.:D

Marilyn.

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Shiloh,

Some of your eschatological view may not be derived from the JW`s but as my future post will show they are very similar. Hope to see you there contributing, bro.:D

Marilyn.

Being similar is not a problem.  It simply means that in all of their grotesque error, they may have something in their theology that agrees with the Bible.  But those exceptions don't vindicate their theology. 

None of that has anything to do with the bizarre use of Judaism and Jewish theology to prove/support Roman Catholic heresy, like we have seen on this board.

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Being similar is not a problem.  It simply means that in all of their grotesque error, they may have something in their theology that agrees with the Bible.  But those exceptions don't vindicate their theology. 

None of that has anything to do with the bizarre use of Judaism and Jewish theology to prove/support Roman Catholic heresy, like we have seen on this board.

Hi Shiloh,

...`may have something...` true, yet we shall see......

Marilyn.

Guest Judas Machabeus
6 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

So putting it all together we see that the Lord could not have had Adam`s blood line with its fallen nature, but had the pure blood line (as Adam first had) by the Holy Spirit with the divine nature that we see exhibited through His earthly ministry.

I'm not on board with your conclusion but I definitely can follow what you are saying. 

For me my conclusion would be the immaculate conception. That would be how Jesus was preserved from Adams sin. 

You said yourself (and educated me) that the babies blood and mothers blood don't touch. So Adams sin is not passed on by the blood. And the theory that the Holy Spirit creates the blood in the fetus (for me anyways) doesn't hold up. The verse that is quoted about life is in the blood is not saying that the soul is in the blood.  

-----------------------------

heres a new thought. Is temptation part of our fallen nature?

we no Jesus never sinnned, but how do know he Didn't inherent a fallen human nature and with that fallen nature remained sinless because he was full of Gods grace? It is possible for a human to live a completely sinless life. Although astrinomicly unlikely, but with Gods grace anything is possible right. 

Does scripture say Jesus's human nature was different than ours?

i don't know the answer to that question.  

Edited by Judas Machabeus
Added a thought

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

I'm not on board with your conclusion but I definitely can follow what you are saying. 

For me my conclusion would be the immaculate conception. That would be how Jesus was preserved from Adams sin. 

we no Jesus never sinnned, but how do know he Didn't inherent a fallen human nature and with that fallen nature remained sinless because he was full of Gods grace? It is possible for a human to live a completely sinless life. Although astrinomicly unlikely, but with Gods grace anything is possible right. 

Sin comes through the father and Jesus as God, had no earthly father, and was conceived by the Holy Spirit.  That is how Jesus was preserved from sin.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

5 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

In all of scripture, there is only once where the Holy Spirit placed a seed into a woman's womb, as seed from God.  This in itself is proof enough as God, the same God who created everything, can, and did, create a new person in Christ where He was not given the same sinful nature of Adam.  This does not exclude Jesus flesh to desire the same as all other flesh, but His spirit was pure.