• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, inchrist said:

Are you ready to learn?

Because at this stage I would like to dispel alot of the nonsense brought against catholicism before you we can actually have an honest look at what is right and what is wrong. 

You not gonna teach me anything based on biasim

LOL, You think I'm Prejudice against the catholic church?

Let's start with this

In his Ineffabilis Deus in 1854, Pope Pius IX Said to continue to pray to Mary.

Let all the children of the Catholic Church, who are so very dear to us, hear these words of ours. With a still more ardent zeal for piety, religion and love, let them continue to venerate, invoke and pray to the most Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God, conceived without original sin.

Where in the bible does it say to pray to mary or anybody other than God?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  6

5 hours ago, inchrist said:

Ill answer this, because the answers you going to get from every protestant here is a resounding yes....thats not biased at all is it?

Think of a country song, now just about every country song is how a man loves a woman....you not gonna say the men are worshipping woman are you? Its about a feeling right?

Likewise the Catholics really love Mary, like one loves a mother....thats all it is....theres no worship.

Non of the members here can give you a yes answer, because they dont know whats in the Catholicsics heart, only God does.

Instead of tring to get answers from protestants, who lets face it, dont know much about Catholicism....have you actually ever thougjt about going to a Catholic forum to the exports on the matter?

I mean you not gonna go to a dentist to for a heart transplant are you?

Well, I was raised Catholic but left the Catholic church when I was born again around age 27. So, I know enough, plus my entire family is Catholic. 

Let's not forget this statement  Pope Pius IX made.

And since she has been appointed by God to be the Queen of heaven and earth, and is exalted above all the choirs of angels and saints, and even stands at the right hand of her only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ our Lord/

Where is this found in scripture.

And while we are at it. Why don't you explain to me why the pope says he's Jesus Christ on earth?

What do you think of this statement?

The New York Catholic Catechism, under: Pope, says, "The Pope takes the place of Jesus Christ on earth...by divine right the pope has supreme and full power in faith and morals over each and every pastor and his flock. He is the true Vicar of Christ, the head of the entire church, the father and teacher of all Christians He is the infallible ruler, the founder of dogmas, the author of and the judge of councils; the universal ruler of truth, the arbiter of the world, the supreme judge of heaven and earth, the judge of all, being judged by one, God himself on earth."

These people worship the pope. What do you think about these statements?

The Lateran Council addressing Pope Julius II in an oration delivered by Marcellus said: “Take care that we lose not that salvation, that life and breath which thou hast given us, for thou art our shepherd, thou art our physician, thou art our governor, thou art our husbandman, thou art finally another God on earth.” (Council Edition. Colm. Agrip. 1618

Pope Nicholas I declared that “the appellation of God had been confirmed by Constantine on the Pope, who being God, cannot be judged by man.” (Labb IX Dist.: 96 Can 7 Satis Evidentur Decret Gratian Primer Para)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Davida said:

.... that one right there.

Ok so you are saying that you find the Catholic Catechism to be in error on its statement in 958? Well I am not in any position to argue against your point in that case since I think the entire doctrine they teach in that regard is in error.

Edited by BobRyan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

6 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No, you have provided NO Scriptures that actually say that Christians should listen  to Mary.   You posted a Scripture about Mary speaking to Jewish servants.

Some doctrines are based in "extreme inference" and "extrapolation to the nth degree". As you point out.

Which Is why I prefer the Bible for doctrine.

As noted here --

========================================================================

7 hours ago, inchrist said:

Actually wanted to get to this....the doctrine of immortal souls demands you still alive. 

I agree. I was simply pointing out the Bible alternative to that popular doctrine. (Since I prefer the Bible for establishing doctrine)

when I said ", BobRyan said:

"The living know that they will die - but the dead know nothing" Eccl 9:5

"The Dead in Christ will rise first" 1 Thess 4

"Do not go to the dead on behalf of the living" Isaiah 8:19

King Saul went to the dead to inquire of the medium, the witch of Endore - to inquire "of it". saying "conjure up for me whomever I shall name". And more specifically "by thy familiar spirit". 

==============================================================================

Your in heaven your alive....yet you wish to contradict yourself saying your dead?

1 Thess 4 the saints are called "The Dead in Christ" and at the resurrection they " will rise first" 1 Thess 4

This is also the chapter where we find this - contrasting the dead with the living.

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

So which is it in the soctrine of immortal souls....you dead or alive?

Further the catholic church does not conjure up spirits on earth to give them secrets

1. I agree with you that the popular doctrine you speak of has its own teaching there - but I prefer the actual words of scripture.

2. The "conjure up" language is a quote from 1 Samuel 28 when king Saul asks to speak to one of the dead saints -- in this case he is asking to speak with Samuel.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

The

You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet the Spirit gives you life because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who dwells within you. Romans 8:9 (Berean Study Bible)

Catholic Church

Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him. For God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple. 1 Corinthians 3:16-17

Are You Truly A Member

The testimony is this, that God gave to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has the life. He who does not have God's Son does not have the life.

These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life. 1 John 5:11-13 (New Heart English Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

21 hours ago, inchrist said:

Your argument is superficial. Yet you cant deny her role for calling sarvants to Listen to Chris

She has no such role. Not now. Might I remind you of the parable of the rich man and Lazarus

Luke 16

29Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

31And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

God is no liar. Never does He send the dead to speak to the living. 

Please I ask you too do not bring up the Transfiguration for when God sent Moses and Elijah down they spoke to Jesus alone. The apostles were deliberately made to sleep so that they would not attempt to talk to them and were permitted nothing more than a brief look

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On 5/3/2017 at 4:28 PM, inchrist said:

You're misguided in accusing the Catholic Church that Mary is a mediator between man and God, when its explicitly stated by the Catholic Church that Christ is mediator supreme and Mary's role is more towards man and Jesus in asking obedience to Jesus

The Catholic church does call Mary mediator between man and God there is simply no other interpretation for this Mediatrix and advocate nonsense. 

These false demonic apparitions of Mary NEVER ONCE have ever asked for obedience towards Jesus alone but they call for obedience to HER. I have read about a number of these apparitions and they do not call men to honor Christ.