• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, MorningGlory said:

Once again; acting like a jerk, or a two year old, doesn't give anyone the right to treat one the way he was treated.  He paid for his seat; he didn't threaten anyone, he refused to leave the seat he had PAID for and he would have had to leave his wife on the plane; what is hard to understand here ?  AND the doctor is 69 years old!  If you're pulled over today the police don't have the right to drag you from your car like an animal.  Good grief, OO.  Maybe some good will come of this; airlines are certainly going to change their attitudes toward passengers after the lawsuit that is definitely coming. 

For once we are on the same side of this discussion :) I agree. He was treated improperly and he now has a litigation with United.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

37 minutes ago, Danger Noodle said:

Dr.David Dao, the 69 year old Doctor who was assaulted by Chicago police and dragged off of United airlines flight 3411 sustained the following injuries: : Two lost teeth, a concussion, a severely broken nose.  

Doctor Forcibly Removed From United Flight Suffered Concussion, Broken Nose And Lost Teeth

BY PAUL SACCA 04.13.17

God be with him. 

I am just sickened by what happened to this man.  Is this our country?  Media in other countries are having a heyday with this.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

For once we are on the same side of this discussion :) I agree. He was treated improperly and he now has a litigation with United.

I think we agree more than you realize, MM.  But this poor man could be you, or me, or anyone who flies.  Something needs to change with the airlines because Americans are not going to stand for this.  Why would United think he would be okay with leaving his wife on the plane??  What idiots.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

4 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Right.  I think they went too far in the other direction but, what's new?  I hate to fly now and I used to love it when I was younger. 

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

This is what we forgot when we were attacked and we've allowed ourselves to be victimized at every turn, in order to feel safe and allowed those who find it necessary to lie to us the power to control our liberty and our protection.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

9 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I think we agree more than you realize, MM.  But this poor man could be you, or me, or anyone who flies.  Something needs to change with the airlines because Americans are not going to stand for this.  Why would United think he would be okay with leaving his wife on the plane??  What idiots.

They are not idiots. They think we are and simply are so confident in the laws that govern them that they simply are unconcerned with us, just our money.

The question I have is where are all these leftist protestors that are so into protesting ?

Edited by Churchmouse

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

22 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I am just sickened by what happened to this man.  Is this our country?  Media in other countries are having a heyday with this.

I can see why they would do so. 

I use to love to fly when I was a child also. My parents let me have the window seat and I was enthralled the whole flight. White sun kissed fluffy clouds that at times were so dense it looked like you could get out and walk across. 

Now, rather than flying being a right if you have the money for the ticket, it is relegated to a privilege. You still need the money for the ticket but, you have to agree to be radiated, felt up by women who had they done that to you anywhere else you could have them arrested for offensive touching. You can no longer lock your check-in baggage because it's a security risk. So don't ever put anything of value in because there's no guarantee it will still be there when you pick up the bag from the carousel. And at check in if you don't use the do-it-yourself unit, when your ID is run anything and everything can come up on the screen that the agent alone sees. 

America is very slowly being migrated into a Communist state. Government agents with the executive branch believe they can assault even kill us at will, and suffer no consequences. Which is why I believe very soon there will be a new airline policy across the board prohibiting phones on flights. Capturing evidence of passenger abuse, as in this pending lawsuit, will prove too costly for the carriers as a whole. A policy arrived at if/when one carrier makes news paying a Doctor millions right behind the Chicago police and their settlement with him. 

It's a tragedy. Security measures that we're told are to insure flight safety and here we are the paying passengers being treated as if we're presumed terrorists before we even arrive at the check-in. And the booty that TSA personnel get to divey up among themselves after seizing it at the check-point, check-point, reminds me of WW2 movies wherein people were fleeing the terrorists only to encounter military who demanded their papers, because some TSA official claimed it was a security threat to the flight. 

I think it was 60 Minutes years ago that had an investigative report on that. A gold fingernail clipper was seized, along with very expensive other stuff. When the reporter, I think it was Steve Kroft, asked what happened with all those many many items, the supervisor of the TSA said at the end of the year near Christmas TSA employees could come in and take their pick. 

Boy was that incentive to claim a gold fingernail clipper was a security threat or what? 

I bought a gold clipper after seeing that just to see what would transpire on my next flight. The lady agent looked at it and said that it could be construed as a weapon. It was November. Christmas just around the corner. I looked her in the eyes and said quite directly, my dear woman, if anyone on a flight I'm on decides to try to hijack using a fingernail clipper and that so called weapon doesn't become a suppository in their person immediately, I'll personally reimburse every passenger on the plane their ticket cost. 
And then I smiled. 

I kept that clipper. ;) 

With President Trump in charge for the next four years I feel relatively safe. But I do fear what will transpire in the next ten with how aggressive members of the executive branch, police, are becoming. And it's escalating more and more as more and more offenses on their part are brought to our attention. And only because we have the power to record them in the process of their criminal actions. 

Edited by Danger Noodle

14 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I think that after 9/11 the airlines have gone very weird. But justice will be done. And probably on this earth because he is suing and United is very nervous.

11 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

They are not idiots. They think we are and simply are so confident in the laws that govern them that they simply are unconcerned with us, just our money.

The question I have is where are all these leftist protestors that are so into protesting ?

Quiet as a mouse aren't they. That's because all those protesters at those airports when Trump instituted the travel ban were paid to be there. If Soros or one of his Borg put money in the pockets of a select group, we'd see the same thing happening now on behalf of this poor Doctor. 

TSA , airport police assigned by the local precincts, are cocky because they think the Federal law that gives them power makes them immune from being prosecuted for their actions. 

The guy received a concussion and a broken nose :blink:

6 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

The guy received a concussion and a broken nose :blink:

Don't forget the two broken teeth and the pending reconstructive surgery to repair the damages.