• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

7 minutes ago, other one said:

about that time period.....   that's when or about when Google Translate came out.    I like  Al Jazrera also ever how you spell it.

Al Jazeera is a muslim enterprise.  I've been to their site; it's totally censored as far as comments go. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

Al Jazeera is a muslim enterprise.  I've been to their site; it's totally censored as far as comments go. 

I don't go there for comments, I go there for news.   and it is much better than CNN for seeing reality

18 minutes ago, other one said:

I don't go there for comments, I go there for news.   and it is much better than CNN for seeing reality

Well, what can I say?  The Mickey Mouse Club beats CNN!  Al Jazeera is very antiamerican so obviously they are biased as well.  I lifted this from the Al Jazeera English site...same old swill as the last time I was there about how 'Zionists' run America and we are totally biased against muslims.

"However shocking, the unrelenting American support for Israel was nothing new. The Israeli perspective dominates the American media and pro-Israel talking points are repeated by the highest government officials and recycled endlessly by the media. How, if at all, can propaganda be uncovered if the mainstream point of view is so dominant? "

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

Well, what can I say?  The Mickey Mouse Club beats CNN!  Al Jazeera is very antiamerican so obviously they are biased as well.  I lifted this from the Al Jazeera English site...same old swill as the last time I was there about how 'Zionists' run America and we are totally biased against muslims.

"However shocking, the unrelenting American support for Israel was nothing new. The Israeli perspective dominates the American media and pro-Israel talking points are repeated by the highest government officials and recycled endlessly by the media. How, if at all, can propaganda be uncovered if the mainstream point of view is so dominant? "

Is it untrue?

4 hours ago, other one said:

Is it untrue?

Yes, it IS untrue.  We support Israel, we are not mind controlled by them nor do they conttrol our media or government.  Al Jazeeera can rub off on one....it's a suspect site to me and always will be.  Totally antisemitic.  AJ talking about 'propaganda' in the U.S. is ludicrous; they are a state run news organization based in Qatar.

Well I get much more truthful news there than on any main street media in the US.  And I agree with their view of our backing Israel, I just think it's a good thing.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

18 hours ago, other one said:

about that time period.....   that's when or about when Google Translate came out.    I like  Al Jazrera also ever how you spell it.

How do you use the google translator? Do you have to download a program and install it or do you just click? You said it translates Russian into English which is good, does it do other languages into English too? We might as well make use of the Internet while we can.

2 hours ago, JTC said:

How do you use the google translator? Do you have to download a program and install it or do you just click? You said it translates Russian into English which is good, does it do other languages into English too? We might as well make use of the Internet while we can.

what I use is an addon for FireFox.  It's been so long ago I don't remember if I installed it or if FireFox did.        When it's installed  you highlight what you want translated and right click it.   if you want to translate the whole page then just don't select anything and right click it and tell Google Translate to do the whole page.    Somewhere along the line a question asked me if I always wanted to translate Russian into English and I told it yes.....     So I don't even have to ask for the Russian News sites.......     

I do still translate Arabic by right clicking

13 hours ago, other one said:

Well I get much more truthful news there than on any main street media in the US.  And I agree with their view of our backing Israel, I just think it's a good thing.

How do you know it's more truthful seeing as how it's a state run news organization?  As is Pravda, btw.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

3 hours ago, other one said:

what I use is an addon for FireFox.  It's been so long ago I don't remember if I installed it or if FireFox did.        When it's installed  you highlight what you want translated and right click it.   if you want to translate the whole page then just don't select anything and right click it and tell Google Translate to do the whole page.    Somewhere along the line a question asked me if I always wanted to translate Russian into English and I told it yes.....     So I don't even have to ask for the Russian News sites.......     

I do still translate Arabic by right clicking

Thank you, that sounds like just what I would want too. I like that you can highlight just part of a page or do the whole page. I also use Firefox as my main browser. Now I just have to find it.