• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Just in case it has skipped the notice of people, of course there are tares among the wheat here, there are also those who do not pretend to be wheat. This is not a wheat field, it is not a grainery, it is wild area. 

People of all sort join here. We welcome not only Christians, but Jew, and Muslims, Buddhists, Atheists, Wiccans, Agnostics, Cultists etc.

There is no class or description of people that are forbidden. There are however, rules of conduct. People should respect each other, and treat each other with kindness. We do not allow people to teach doctrines that would undermine the cause of Christ. It is a Christian based forum, not limited to Christians. People here should expect to hear the gospel. Here, people of different world views, may interact, and discuss many things, but just remember, that the members here, are not the subject of discussion, the menbers discuss things with each other.

So, if there are tares here, try to help them to become wheat, but let the God who sees the heart, decide who are His, who will be His, and who are not and will not.

I wasn't aware those who do not believe God exists were allowed here. However, it does help me to understand what I have seen displayed by that which I thought was on display. But did not think was allowed in a Christian forum. Thank you for clearing it up.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, OneLight said:

You can love a person and still despise their actions.

How so? When who and what the person is and knows themselves to be is what compels them to act despisedly.

Not even the Father of Lights loved those who acted in evil. The testament of old shares this with us.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, Paige Of The Bible said:

How so? When who and what the person is and knows themselves to be is what compels them to act despisedly.

Not even the Father of Lights loved those who acted in evil. The testament of old shares this with us.

It is rather easy when you have the Love of Christ living in you.  One can love the person and still despise their actions.  Didn't Jesus love the sinners, yet hated the sin?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

19 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

What?  Simply because we don't agree with infant baptism??? 

Part of what was said is truth. Not because of infant baptism. Burial you guys don't feel anyone's in christ if they don't believe as you do about certain doctrines. It's really bad that a person who follows and loves christ is not considered a real christian. Because of diffrences. Like the Hank thing.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Wayne222 said:

Part of what was said is truth. Not because of infant baptism. Burial you guys don't feel anyone's in christ if they don't believe as you do about certain doctrines. It's really bad that a person who follows and loves christ is not considered a real christian. Because of diffrences. Like the Hank thing.

Actually, nothing you said is actually true.   I never said that if they don't believe as I do about certain doctrines they are not saved, and you cannot point to any post of mine that says that.   Your accusation is a false and unfair caricature of what I actually said.   What I actually said is that to be saved one must believe the true Gospel, the Gospel that Paul preached, and which exists in Scripture. 

No one said that Hank isn't a Christian and you cannot point to one place where I ever questioned Hank's salvation.   I simply pointed to the fact that he cannot maintain a coherent theology if he is going to try and be a protestant talk show host but convert to a non-protestant ideology.   The two cannot be held together.  It's like forcing the positive side of two magnets to join. It cannot be done.

The fact is that infant baptism is not a biblical doctrine and there is no argument, no reasoning that will make it one.

If you want to frame my arguments, you need to do so honestly and fairly.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Actually, nothing you said is actually true.   I never said that if they don't believe as I do about certain doctrines they are not saved, and you cannot point to any post of mine that says that.   Your accusation is a false and unfair caricature of what I actually said.   What I actually said is that to be saved one must believe the true Gospel, the Gospel that Paul preached, and which exists in Scripture. 

No one said that Hank isn't a Christian and you cannot point to one place where I ever questioned Hank's salvation.   I simply pointed to the fact that he cannot maintain a coherent theology if he is going to try and be a protestant talk show host but convert to a non-protestant ideology.   The two cannot be held together.  It's like forcing the positive side of two magnets to join. It cannot be done.

The fact is that infant baptism is not a biblical doctrine and there is no argument, no reasoning that will make it one.

If you want to frame my arguments, you need to do so honestly and fairly.

I know what is inplied. When you say the true Gospel is what you believe and post and if someone does not agree with all you state about your take on the gospel and other things it implies they are not in the faith. It was said Hank converted to orthodox church meaning what ? It's inplied he left the true faith to join a cult. I agree with things you post at times. But a diffrent understanding of faith and works does not put one outside the faith .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

4 hours ago, Spock said:

Your words sound good but how practical are they, especially in regards to the list of people I presented? I would say none at all. To say I love Hitler but I hate his actions and words to me is a joke and so phony. 

However, I can apply that with my daughter or parents- I still love them despite their words or actions.  Just can't find that love for murderers, etc. 

Maybe Im in error here and the Lord can discuss this with me when we have some one on one time, but I have never loved Hitler, Bin Laden or any of those guys. In fact, I rejoice when they are taken out of this world and sent directly to hades. The world is a much better place with them gone. 

When God sent Jesus, did He send Him to bring salvation to the whole world?  God knows what people have become, yet scripture tells us that "God so loved the world" ... I don't see a list of exception in that statement.

Guest shiloh357
19 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

I know what is inplied. When you say the true Gospel is what you believe and post and if someone does not agree with all you state about your take on the gospel and other things it implies they are not in the faith. It was said Hank converted to orthodox church meaning what ? It's inplied he left the true faith to join a cult. I agree with things you post at times. But a diffrent understanding of faith and works does not put one outside the faith .

There is no implication.  Salvation by grace alone, through faith alone and in Christ alone is the true Gospel.  That's the Gospel Paul preached and went to prison for.  It's the Gospel he ended up giving his life for.    Any one who preaches any other Gospel than what Paul preached is, according to Paul, "anathema."  

There is only way of salvation, one plan, and it is clearly laid out in Scripture.   If someone is trying to be saved by the additions of sacraments, good works, or whatever, they are believing in a false gospel that will not save them. 

A different Gospel will leave many people outside of the faith.   There is only one Gospel message that carries the true plan of salvation and those who prefer a  different one, will be disappointed in eternity.

I never said or implied that Hank  was outside the faith, and I publicly to prove that I implied such a thing. 

15 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

There is no implication.  Salvation by grace alone, through faith alone and in Christ alone is the true Gospel.  That's the Gospel Paul preached and went to prison for.  It's the Gospel he ended up giving his life for.    Any one who preaches any other Gospel than what Paul preached is, according to Paul, "anathema."  

There is only way of salvation, one plan, and it is clearly laid out in Scripture.   If someone is trying to be saved by the additions of sacraments, good works, or whatever, they are believing in a false gospel that will not save them. 

A different Gospel will leave many people outside of the faith.   There is only one Gospel message that carries the true plan of salvation and those who prefer a  different one, will be disappointed in eternity.

I never said or implied that Hank  was outside the faith, and I publicly defy you to prove I implied such a thing.  Either prove it, or retract and apologize for bearing false witness

What I said was true you inplied people are not in the faith even through they believe christ died and rose from the dead. That is the Gospel read 1 Corth 15 . If you believe that and confess Jesus lord your are saved. You can have a diffrent take on sacraments and baptism.  And still be in the faith. You don't think so and inplied people will still go to Hell even after believing  in christ.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Wayne222 said:

What I said was true you inplied people are not in the faith even through they believe christ died and rose from the dead.

No, what you said was not true.  It was a false accusation and you cannot cut and paste where I said any such thing.

That is the Gospel read 1 Corth 15 . If you believe that and confess Jesus lord your are saved. You can have a diffrent take on sacraments and baptism.  And still be in the faith. You don't think so and inplied people will still go to Hell even after believing  in christ.

Wrong, I never said or implied it.  That is a false value you are trying to attack to me.  You are putting the lie in my mouth and arguing against it.