• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/18/2017 at 2:36 AM, JohnD said:

Galatians 1:8–9 (NASB95)
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!
9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

What IS the Gospel?

And which Gospel does your Church teach?

And are you certain it is the correct Gospel?

How can you be certain?

My church teaches the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  
Galatia church was told Paul called curses upon anyone that didn't teach what he taught them. You're aware Saul never met Jesus Christ when he was on Earth teaching the people in person? 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, SchmaltzWeasel said:

Galatia church was told Paul called curses upon anyone that didn't teach what he taught them. You're aware Saul never met Jesus Christ when he was on Earth teaching the people in person? 

I don't recall a teaching or verse where Jesus called for curse upon any that would not receive his Apostles bringing to people his good news. They were to kick the dust from their sandals and move on. But I don't recall a verse wherein Jesus said those persons dismissing the Gospel were to be cursed. 

When Paul was at Galatia church, the Galatians passages 1 and 2, he had not yet met with Christ's Apostles who were yet in Jerusalem. As he said in verse 16. He did not immediately confer with flesh and blood. (After conversion)  

Further, he taught a different teaching than did the Apostles who served with Christ. As he admitted in Galatians 1:11-12. He said instead that his instruction came from the spirit of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ in the flesh as the Holy Spirit did teach his Apostles the Gospel , good news. 

Why then would Paul say anyone teaching differently than what he was teaching, as he claimed it arrived to him from the spirit of Jesus, should be accursed? When the Apostles who did serve with Christ were taught by Jesus the Gospel and that was different than what Paul taught. Because Paul said in Galatians that the gospel preached to him was not received from man but from revelation through Jesus Christ. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Jesus appeared to Saul as a light from heaven and spoke with Saul.  Jesus also said to Ananias “Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.  For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name’s sake.”  Seems to me if Jesus said this, and Saul, now Paul, was taught by the Holy Spirit, what would be  different besides the difference between the message being given to the Gentiles?  The Gospel is the Gospel.  Was there anything different in scripture between what Paul taught about Jesus then what the other Apostles taught?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

On 5/24/2017 at 10:21 AM, Guest said:

Doctrine is what to believe in.  We instruct and inform.  That's not beliefs to believe in.  Doctrine brainwashes with satanic beliefs.  Instructions teach how to find truth and/or convert false beliefs into truth.  Knowledge is not beliefs.  There's a difference. 

The holy spirit is the umbilical cord of the creator.  It delivers what Jesus called the waters of everlasting life and what some call the blood of christ.   Jesus used god's teachings (seeds and trees) to explain this, not books.  Seeds need watering so that it can grow.  Praying for the waters of everlasting life to enter your soul gives god to go-ahead, being that god respects your free will and doesn't force it onto you, to deliver on a soul-to-soul basis that which would cause you to grow up as a soul. 

We do not interpret nature.  We show you.  Jesus taught "let your will be done in heaven as it is on earth".  That's a jam-packed statement, but what it means is that god's instructions found in the physical universe on earth can be applied to your soul in heaven.  When you grow your soul via the holy spirit it gains power, starts creating the light that Jesus spoke of (halo) and once that light is strong enough it makes you live forever.  The physical body, you're born into it for the purpose of the soul to absorb the teachings of god and then apply it to your soul to start the process of growing up as a god, which is what your soul is, and once your soul has grown a bit that's what it means to be born again.  It is cosmically impossible to know how to walk the path unless you learn it directly from god which is the purpose of the physical body.  Before you become self aware as a soul you don't know this and a teacher can guide you to knowing and seeing those teachings as they are which is also known as the will of god on earth.  Your will that creates imagines in your imagination is your spirit moving over the surface of the waters 'saying' let there be light, the very same thing god did to create the heavens and the earth.  I learned this from a massive amount of seeking of truth.  No one learns this by assuming doctrine. 

So your gnostic.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

15 hours ago, SchmaltzWeasel said:

Oh?

Luke 18:18–27 (NASB95)
18 A ruler questioned Him, saying, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”
19 And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.
20 “You know the commandments, ‘Do not commit adultery, Do not murder, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother.’ ”
21 And he said, “All these things I have kept from my youth.”
22 When Jesus heard this, He said to him, “One thing you still lack; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”
23 But when he had heard these things, he became very sad, for he was extremely rich.
24 And Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for those who are wealthy to enter the kingdom of God!
25 “For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”
26 They who heard it said, “Then who can be saved?”
27 But He said, “The things that are impossible with people are possible with God.”

Romans 11:29 (NASB95)
29 for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

1 Corinthians 9:1 (NASB95)
1 Am I not free? Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord? Are you not my work in the Lord?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

On 4/18/2017 at 10:38 PM, JohnD said:

Please elaborate. Which scriptures?

Don't get me wrong, I am not challenging what you are saying... the point I am getting at that there are a lot of people (I'm not suggesting you are among them) whose only proof is the say-so of others...

So please do elaborate on the scriptures you cite.

What would you say qualifies as the actual Gospel to be taught in a church dedicated to Christ and his Gospel?

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,056
  • Content Per Day:  15.02

Ephesians 2:8-9; New American Standard Bible (NASB)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and [a]that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Footnotes:

a - Ephesians 2:8, i.e. that salvation

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 6/8/2017 at 5:51 PM, PlanetChee said:

those persons dismissing the Gospel were to be cursed. 

Jude 1:7
In like manner, Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, who indulged in sexual immorality and pursued strange flesh, are on display as an example of those who sustain the punishment of eternal fire.

Romans 2:8
But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow wickedness, there will be wrath and anger.

Galatians 4:8
Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods.

1 Peter 4:17
For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who disobey the gospel of God?

Study Bible
Christ's Coming
…7and to grant relief to you who are oppressed, and to us as well, when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels 8in blazing fire. He will inflict vengeance on those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9They will suffer the penalty of eternal destruction, separated from the presence of the Lord and the glory of His might,…
Berean Study Bible · Download

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 6/10/2017 at 7:24 PM, Anonymous Aristotle said:

I enjoy reading all things pertaining to the faith and Christ.  And you? 

On 6/10/2017 at 7:11 PM, simplejeff said:

What is it you are seeking ?   What do you want to learn/ seek to learn or know ?

On 6/10/2017 at 7:03 PM, Anonymous Aristotle said:

Like I said, I've just learned what I know from study. 

As others have posted, many false teachers give a lot of material that people enjoy, that misleads them - and the people "enjoy reading" them/ or listening to them.

The sure promise of YHWH CREATOR in YESHUA MESSIAH is this:  whoever (with joy? and with willingness?(to obey Jesus/YHWH/(GOD) no matter what the cost, no matter what He Says) ) seeks the kingdom of YHWH, and keeps seeking (never stops, never gives up)  WILL FIND HIS KINGDOM.   YHWH'S Promise,  unlike men's promises,  a sure thing.   (and for everyone seeking the Truth,  a promise of persecution also - not comfort in this life;  though yes, also, may are persecuted because of other things they might take a stand for (like patriotism, or anti-patriotism) without even ever seeking nor seeing the Kingdom of heaven.... (so "persecution" alone is not a sure sign of faithfulness , purity, or righteousness or salvation) )

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,056
  • Content Per Day:  15.02

2 hours ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

What would you say qualifies as the actual Gospel to be taught in a church dedicated to Christ and his Gospel?

The greater gifts

27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each of you is a member of it. 28 And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, and those with gifts of healing, helping, administration, and various tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles?…

Berean Study Bible, 1 Corinthians 12:28

Only through immersing oneself in God's word will you be able to discern good teaching from bad.  Pray frequently for the Holy Spirit to give you discernment when you read, whether in the Bible or elsewhere like here on Worthy.  Not everyone is meant to be a teacher, prophet, healer, etc.