*Zion*

The devil is a liar!

24 posts in this topic

He is the father of lies, so why do we dwell on the negativity he tries to force feed us?  He throws us tricks and shadows, and it is written that the time of tribulation he instigates will be cut short, else he deceive even the elect.   We are not supposed to underestimate our enemy, but many times we give him far too much credit and think him more powerful than he actually is.  

God is on the throne and in control, and by His grace we are overcomers.  

What are some ways that you have learned to defeat the lie in your life?  Let's share and encourage each other, not concentrating so much on the enemy's attacks but on God's goodness, greatness and protection.  God bless :)

Amen! What a great post! I am doing alot of biblical reading and I begin each day with praises and I end each with praises to God. 

It didn't matter how evil this world gets, we know how it ends and Gods in control the whole time, how awesome is that? 

I'm reading Consise Theology, a small book packed with info. I'm slowly reading it to take all it has to offer in slowly to retain it.

Our tiny finite minds can't begin to conceive what glories God has yet to show us in heaven!

Remind yourself daily, our God is omniscient, omnipresent and is the great I AM. 

Open your Bible and meet God!

IMG_20170418_175521.jpg

IMG_20170418_175531.jpg

caceddb5d221f55de181ea1f14b0d3b4.jpg

Hi Zion!

I spend most of my day combating the lies by staying busy in ministry work on the street.  Every time I am able to show someone else his lies it is a little insurance policy against them for me.

5 hours ago, *Zion* said:

What are some ways that you have learned to defeat the lie in your life?  Let's share and encourage each other, not concentrating so much on the enemy's attacks but on God's goodness, greatness and protection.  God bless :)

Hi Zion. I joined years back to discuss topics like this, your topic is a breath of fresh air. You ask,   "What are some ways that you have learned to defeat the lie in your life?"

A.........1Jn_1:5  This then is the message (the word) which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness (LIES) at all.  = God is light

B.........Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. .=God is the word, + God is light, = the word is light

C........Psa_119:11  Thy word (light) have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. .God=The word = light, = truth = no lies.

..........The more light (word), the less darkness. The more of God's word that is in my heart, hid,  the better my "filter" when I take (try to remember to take) every thought captive. If a thought enters in, it is caught, examined with the light more closely. Then, if it is not truth (according to the filter, "the word") it's simply dismissed. This occurs sometimes naturally, and sometimes subconsciously. Most times it's work, for me. Often the recognition of the lie occurs after the mark has been missed, sin. But that is more good data to file away in the memory banks, like (why did I lose that battle? oh yeah, my temper, I forgot. Next time, pause and consider).  This is what works for me.  Mostly. Fear is a good motivator, also. Of God. My Abba Father. Who chastises his disobedient children. Whom He loves. (Me)      And prayer.  Or, more like trying to stay or keep a "God awareness" Sometimes it's all mechanical, more like habit. Doesn't matter, the results are the same. Like trying to maintain a dialog with someone beside me. For quiet awhile now I have learned to be thankful. I mean, really thankful. Especially the little things. The older my body  get, the more I appreciate  what's still working,  and am learning to remind God that I am grateful, because, there is so much to be grateful for. And I thank God for the victories HE GIVES ME over the flesh.

You said, "Let's share and encourage each other, not concentrating so much on the enemy's attacks but on God's goodness, greatness and protection".  Actually, I don't consider the devil as much as I should, but when I mess up, I don't blame him for my mistakes, as,  even if he helped to cause it, I was a fool to listen, and not in the light, abiding. I keep a small  "God's promise" book handy, to reinforce my memories regularly,  and when I get a little down, just ten minuets of that kind of encouragement works great for me ((A good dose of D.O.S.E). The bad toxic thoughts (everything's going wrong again, stuff) actually open up little valves in the brain that releases chemicals that  affects your emotions/feelings, making for some lousy feelings and emotions.  But then, there's this.............................

Php_4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

The KEY..............................  TRUST and OBEY!   Thanks for this thread.........

Thanks guys for your replies, very encouraging.  No matter whether it's to pull down your self-esteem, your esteem of others, or your perception of a situation, we must overcome the lie with the truth, and the enemy with the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony (which is in fact the truth)  Sometimes, like gdemoss, you are battling others' deception to reveal to them the truth of Christ and the present state of this world.  We have been lied to about history, we have been lied to about current politics, we have been lied to about the food we consume, about the medicine we take, about sexuality, about our very existence.  The father of lies is hard at work, but a city on a hill cannot be hidden, our light must shine!  We must lift up Jesus, the Light of the world, that He would draw all men unto Himself.

I have been told all my life that I am not good enough.  Good enough for what? Or for whom?  God loved us all so much that He gave His only Son for us.  We don't deserve it, but to Him we are worth it.  I'd rather take God's Word for it, and no one else's.  

Keep proclaiming victory in the truth!  We are overcomers in Christ!!!

7 hours ago, missmuffet said:

caceddb5d221f55de181ea1f14b0d3b4.jpg

Amen and amen!!!

11 hours ago, BacKaran said:

Amen! What a great post! I am doing alot of biblical reading and I begin each day with praises and I end each with praises to God. 

It didn't matter how evil this world gets, we know how it ends and Gods in control the whole time, how awesome is that? 

I'm reading Consise Theology, a small book packed with info. I'm slowly reading it to take all it has to offer in slowly to retain it.

Our tiny finite minds can't begin to conceive what glories God has yet to show us in heaven!

Remind yourself daily, our God is omniscient, omnipresent and is the great I AM. 

Open your Bible and meet God!

IMG_20170418_175521.jpg

IMG_20170418_175531.jpg

Looks good :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, *Zion* said:

Thanks guys for your replies, very encouraging.  No matter whether it's to pull down your self-esteem, your esteem of others, or your perception of a situation, we must overcome the lie with the truth, and the enemy with the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony (which is in fact the truth)  Sometimes, like gdemoss, you are battling others' deception to reveal to them the truth of Christ and the present state of this world.  We have been lied to about history, we have been lied to about current politics, we have been lied to about the food we consume, about the medicine we take, about sexuality, about our very existence.  The father of lies is hard at work, but a city on a hill cannot be hidden, our light must shine!  We must lift up Jesus, the Light of the world, that He would draw all men unto Himself.

I have been told all my life that I am not good enough.  Good enough for what? Or for whom?  God loved us all so much that He gave His only Son for us.  We don't deserve it, but to Him we are worth it.  I'd rather take God's Word for it, and no one else's.  

Keep proclaiming victory in the truth!  We are overcomers in Christ!!!

Amen!!

I agree. Thank you BacKaran for sharing that book title. It looks very interesting.

Yes, the Devil is a liar. The father of lies as we're told. Every lie he conceived and especially against the brethren, the saints of holy God, is his delight. Thank God we know his fate as does he. Maybe that's why he's so busy on earth. Because he knows his time is running out.