• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, lemurchampagne said:

I think I thank God you're not airport police. 

It's a pitiable thing anyone that would say the victim of the assault this man suffered deserved it. A broken nose and two busted teeth the price for flying United. And no, the flight wasn't booked. That's something that is already known by those who participate in this new report because they were there to read the old threads reporting of that fact.  Victim blaming is pathetic. Airport police weren't doing their job. That's why they were suspended for doing a job on the United passenger.

But you are right. This story when it was new news became quite heated. Now it appears that is the intention of this new update being the victim of the assault by airport police won his claim against the airline so quickly.

Maybe this victim blaming campaign will stop if people don't defend an attitude that is not anything that would do Christ's legacy proud.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

On 28 April 2017 at 10:52 AM, missmuffet said:

"We look forward to implementing the improvements we have announced, which will put our customers at the center of everything we do." United 

*and there lies the problem...... 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

5 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

"We look forward to implementing the improvements we have announced, which will put our customers at the center of everything we do." United 

*and there lies the problem...... 

Good

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

16 hours ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

It's a pitiable thing anyone that would say the victim of the assault this man suffered deserved it. A broken nose and two busted teeth the price for flying United. And no, the flight wasn't booked. That's something that is already known by those who participate in this new report because they were there to read the old threads reporting of that fact.  Victim blaming is pathetic. Airport police weren't doing their job. That's why they were suspended for doing a job on the United passenger.

But you are right. This story when it was new news became quite heated. Now it appears that is the intention of this new update being the victim of the assault by airport police won his claim against the airline so quickly.

Maybe this victim blaming campaign will stop if people don't defend an attitude that is not anything that would do Christ's legacy proud.

The man was not a victim.  It doesn't matter if he was the only passenger on the plane, if an official asks you to leave the plane, you comply.  If you don't, you are a criminal.  Criminals are seen as being victims now?  The only reason the man got hurt was his choosing to resist.

1 minute ago, Davida said:

It's part of the lawlessness that's growing in the world. People think they are their own authority. 

Yes, I see it that way too, it just boggles me how many support the authority of self.  

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, hmbld said:

The man was not a victim.  It doesn't matter if he was the only passenger on the plane, if an official asks you to leave the plane, you comply.  If you don't, you are a criminal.  Criminals are seen as being victims now?  The only reason the man got hurt was his choosing to resist.

I am going to hate myself for doing this because it is a poor comparison,  but Rosa Parks did basically what this man did.  She disobeyed the law when told to give up her seat.  

I realize that the United event was not racially motivated, but the law that says an airline can kick you off their plane to make room for crew members that are not even working the flight is a bad law and needs to be changed.  Now congress is looking into doing just that.  

14 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

I am going to hate myself for doing this because it is a poor comparison,  but Rosa Parks did basically what this man did.  She disobeyed the law when told to give up her seat.  

I realize that the United event was not racially motivated, but the law that says an airline can kick you off their plane to make room for crew members that are not even working the flight is a bad law and needs to be changed.  Now congress is looking into doing just that.  

The reason for kicking him off was terrible, I agree.  Legally, they have the right to remove anyone.  If you or I want to change that law, fine, but there are better ways than defying the authorities and forcing someone to physically remove you.  Ever see the videos of how cops restrain people who refuse to cooperate?  They don't gently lower you to the ground on a pillow.  Should we change the laws to where cops can't lay a hand on someone refusing to comply with a simple request?  I hope not.  I hold more respect to Rosa Parks disobeying the law, as it was racially motivated.  Supposedly, this man was not singled out by any of his attributes, he was simply picked by a computer for a reason the airline had, it was a poor reason, but they had the right to do this.  

If this happened to a female passenger, would that style of removal still be supported?

I wonder.

9 hours ago, Running Gator said:

I think Rosa's situation is based on a larger platform , rebelling against a cultural ideal where in fact (I may be wrong on this) but does not the American constitution state that "all men are created equal"?

Edited by HisFirst

10 hours ago, HisFirst said:

If this happened to a female passenger, would that style of removal still be supported?

I wonder.

When men or women do not cooperate with authority, force is necessary.  Do you want to protest peacefully and not give up your seat?  I guess you have that right, but you know you will be removed with force, which increases the odds of injury.  We all have the choice to submit, or not.