• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Have you seen some of the gowns that have been worn to the Academy Awards? See through.

I would agree that a see through gown would be immodest by my standers and something I would not want to wear. But the world does what the world dose.  

Guest shiloh357
Just now, LadyKay said:

What is this Biblical standard of modesty that I keep hearing about?

likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works.
(1Ti 2:9-10)

10 hours ago, Cletus said:

But actually i already did give a big clue of a definition... i said to cover nakedness.  

Well a 2 piece swim suit covers up what is important and all that is shown is what is legal to be seen. Maybe that could be a stander to go by? What is legal to be seen. Just a thought. 

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Amen.  But then people lose their control over others.   it is all about controlling others instead of themselves. 

Bull corn.   It has nothing to do with control.  It is about following biblical standards and admonishing Christians to adhere to God's standards/principles of morality.  It is about not putting stumbling blocks in front of other believers.

10 hours ago, Cletus said:

Fashion changes.  culture changes... God never changes.  Gods word never changes. 

So we should wear robes like they did in the Bible? :noidea:

Guest shiloh357

I remember before I was saved back in high school, some of the Christian kids got picked on by the non-Christian kids because of how the dressed and because they didn't go to the dances and parties and stuff like that.  I saw a lot of harassment because these kids were perceived as nerds by the nonChristians. 

These debates over Christians principles of morality and appropriate behavior remind me of those times.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

So we should wear robes like they did in the Bible? :noidea:

He just said fashion changes???    He is saying that God's principles laid out in His Word never change.

10 hours ago, missmuffet said:

What do you think is modest and what do you think is not modest?

I think that anything that covers the important stuff is modest. I think that anything that lets the important stuff show is not modest. I don't like this topic and I think I should stop now. 

9 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Rom 14:13  Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

I suppose if you are aware that you are causing a brother or sister in Christ to stumble. Then you may what to take a look at what you are doing. But this scripture can apply to more then just to how one is dressed.  For example if you brother in Christ is is an alcoholic, it maybe best that you not invite them out to a place that has alcohol.  I myself would consider changing into something else if a Christian brother did come to me and kindly explain to me that the way I dress is causing them to stumble. If I ignored this then I do think that I would be guilty of a sin against my fellow Christian. So that is how I would go about this situation. 

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Genesis 38:15   When Judah saw her, he thought her to be an harlot; because she had covered her face.

Interesting!  It looks like harlots in those days were more covered up.