IGNORED

The Shroud of Turin, The True Cross, The Holy Grail, The Lance, The Ark of Covenant and Other Relics

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,675
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I domt know a Ron Wyatt. So you can't say I am pushing anything. If I never mention someone in my argument, do not assume I am including them.  

I am saying it is concievable the Ark was beneath where Jesus Died and went with Him back to Heaven after the Ressurection. Now its in heaven. This is a theory, not a claim. 

Remember not to jump to conclusions about someone you hardly know.  

You made the statement..in 33ad it was still beneath golgotha..and included a picture..it is in writing for the world to see..:)

On 09/05/2017 at 4:48 AM, Snow said:

Hi Fidei Defensor

Welcome to Worthy

I think that was one of Ron Wyatt's claims!?

I checked him out a few years ago..Some nice stories he told..

God bless You

On 09/05/2017 at 4:50 AM, Fidei Defensor said:

Hi there, I think it was Ron. One of things I love is in Jerusalem they tell you, "Its called Golgatha, the place of skull not because the mountain is shaped like skull, but because Adam's skull and tomb is there, and Jesus the Second Adam's blood fell on First Adam, so that the sin brought in by first Adam would be nullified by Second Adam."

Thanks for welcome,

God bless you too.

On 09/05/2017 at 5:08 AM, Snow said:

Hi

Sorry i have to run..i think there was a connection between Ron Wyatt and the sda church and the prophesies of Ellen White

God bless

:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

16 minutes ago, Snow said:

:)

Take notice I said "I think it was Ron," but I did not say unequivocally or most certainly. I have been with so many Messianic Jews and Interdenominational Christians at events, I lose track of who's who.  

Let me set record straight, I don't know Ron Wyatt or his teaching.

The man who talked about the Ark and Jesus blood falling on it was an Archaeologist. I cannot deny or confirm who it was.

But to get back to subject,

I think Ark of Covenant could have been beneath Golgatha during Jesus Christ's death on cross. The Ark of Covenant is the Mercy Seat, and the cross is the Mercy Seat. It thus seems likely this could haven happened.

Jesus is God (Titus 2:13, Colossians 2:9, John 1:1-18, Colossians 1:16) and He along with Father and Holy Spirit can do anything, "For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37). Thus it is possible God had the Ark located beneath God dying on Cross.

Thank You:)

God bless

Just that you said just now you don't know a Ron Wyatt ..and before you referred to him as you thought it was  Ron..which insinuated that you had heard of him...you can see my confusion as i think can anyone..

Edited by Snow

In the Holy Supuchre (Jerusalem) there are some Crusader relics, they have sword of Godrey of Boullion, the first King of Jerusalem during The First Crusade, although Godfrey refused the title of King. and took the title "Lord Protector of the Holy Supulchre."

023076ea99e8470fadcfa278d8da40b1.jpg

DSC01191.jpg

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 2017-5-8 at 11:06 AM, Fidei Defensor said:

Relics have always been fascinating. Stories of the Knights of Round Table searching for Holy Grail, Crusaders riding into battle with the True Cross, The Ark of Covenant's fate, and the Shrouds that purported to have the portrait of Jesus upon them.

Consider this a thread for discussion of all of these relics and more. Where they the obsession of Medieval Christians or something more? Should we dismiss them or relish them? Do they violate the command to make "not an image of worship," or are they simply objects of veneration that draw us closer to Christ? The legends surrounding them and those who claim they possess them are intriguing. The Knights Templar are said to have hidden them. Adolf Hitler is said to have wanted to possess them. Stephen Spielberg has made them treasures for his fictions.

Some Questions to get conversation started:

Do you believe the Shroud of Turin is the handkerchief from Jesus' tomb?, "and the face cloth, which had been on Jesus’ head, not lying with the linen cloths but folded up in a place by itself." (John 20:7). Do you believe any of the shrouds are real?

Did Helena, Constantine's mother, find the True Cross? What did Saladin do with it after capturing it at Battle of Hattin?

Is the Holy Grail a cup or dish? Is it made of wood, alabaster, or precious metals? Where did it go?

Is the Ark of Covenant somewhere in Arabia, Sinai, or Israel? Or has it return to God (Revelation 11:19).

Feel free to contribute answers or ask more questions. This isn't a pro relic or anti relic thread, it is to explore these objects, their relationship with God and us.

relics-700x438.jpg

I personally do want to believe that Ron Wyatt's claims re the Ark of the Covenant, buried in a cave below the crucifixion site is true. It would be interesting to know if that blood on the mercy seat, matches the blood on the Turin Shroud.

7 hours ago, Limey_Bob said:

I personally do want to believe that Ron Wyatt's claims re the Ark of the Covenant, buried in a cave below the crucifixion site is true. It would be interesting to know if that blood on the mercy seat, matches the blood on the Turin Shroud.

I am curious too. I want to believe Jesus' blood from mercy seat of the cross fell on mercy seat of the Ark.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 5/29/2017 at 3:15 AM, Fidei Defensor said:

I am curious too. I want to believe Jesus' blood from mercy seat of the cross fell on mercy seat of the Ark.

If the comment to "and so all Israel shall be saved" does refer to national Israel (not to spiritual Israel), then this is how it will be done. What concerns me however, is Wyatt's links to the so-called "Sabbath keeping groups," the idea that anything even distantly connected to the SDA is remotely correct is disconcerting.

One think about relics, I think they fun for thought and adventures like Indiana Jones. But I met a person once carrying a relic around and asking people if they wanted to touch it and be blessed by it, and this made my skin crawl. I do not believe relics have power, Only the Divine Trinity has power. For me relics are just props and instruments God used like The Ark of Covenant and The Cross, but they connection to God and what He did is what should be focus, God being focus. I get squeamish, when on Good Friday, there is a tradition in Catholic churches to venerate the cross (which appears as worship). When I wear as cross, I do so to remind myself of what Jesus Christ did, I am not worshipping the cross. It is also a symbol of my faith in Jesus (John 6:40). But I get very alarmed by veneration and believing relics are holy in of themselves. What made the Ark of Covenant holy was God, what made the Cross holy was God.

To quote Jesus,

"Woe to you, blind guides, who say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it is nothing, but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.’ 17 You blind fools! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that has made the gold sacred? 18 And you say, ‘If anyone swears by the altar, it is nothing, but if anyone swears by the gift that is on the altar, he is bound by his oath.’ 19 You blind men! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that makes the gift sacred? 20 So whoever swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it. 21 And whoever swears by the temple swears by it and by him who dwells in it. 22 And whoever swears by heaven swears by the throne of God and by him who sits upon it." (Matthew 23:17-22). The objects aren't holy, they represent God and His holiness, they aren't meant to be worshipped, God alone is to be worshipped, "Jesus replied, "The Scriptures say, 'You must worship the LORD your God and serve only him." (Luke 4:8).

Guest shiloh357
On 5/23/2017 at 8:31 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

Take notice I said "I think it was Ron," but I did not say unequivocally or most certainly. I have been with so many Messianic Jews and Interdenominational Christians at events, I lose track of who's who.  

Let me set record straight, I don't know Ron Wyatt or his teaching.

The man who talked about the Ark and Jesus blood falling on it was an Archaeologist. I cannot deny or confirm who it was.

But to get back to subject,

I think Ark of Covenant could have been beneath Golgatha during Jesus Christ's death on cross. The Ark of Covenant is the Mercy Seat, and the cross is the Mercy Seat. It thus seems likely this could haven happened.

Jesus is God (Titus 2:13, Colossians 2:9, John 1:1-18, Colossians 1:16) and He along with Father and Holy Spirit can do anything, "For nothing is impossible with God." (Luke 1:37). Thus it is possible God had the Ark located beneath God dying on Cross.

Ron Wyatt is a fraud.