• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

How do you study the bible? I usually just go where I'm lead. Lot of new testament. I've read a lot of old testament to but not all. I like the gospels and Paul's letters.

How do you study?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Other than researching for discussions here, I listen to the bible once a year and the new testament as many as possible.not working and driving as muchbased ivdid, it isn't as often now.  most research is with a computer program from Bible Softimage. Many translations and commentaries dictionaries lexicons  and maps.

When on the road and in church I use Gateway Bible app.

Many times listening I make notes to look up later when not physically busy.

1 minute ago, other one said:

Other than researching for discussions here, I listen to the bible once a year and the new testament as many as possible.not working and driving s9 much it isn't as often nowmost research is with a computer program from Bible Softimage. Many translations and commentaries dictionaries lexicons  and maps.

I have a bunch of bibles and strongs concordance. I'm amazed at what the internet has to offer when it comes to bible study tools. And there's people that make the best of them. There's some well informed believers here.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Just a note that I added to my last post.

Guest BacKaran

I like a study Bible to help and I have several different Bibles. I highlight allot to recall what I've read.

I'm learning to memorize verses and will continue in a village schools of the Bible Bible study classes, they are on line as well! ?

I start at Genesis and read 5 chapters a day. Usually out by the pool, lying on my lounge chair on my face. Good way to tan my back as my lounge chair has an open space for my face.

21 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

I start at Genesis and read 5 chapters a day. Usually out by the pool, lying on my lounge chair on my face. Good way to tan my back as my lounge chair has an open space for my face.

1st Corinthians 13:12

For Noe we see through a glass, darlky; but then face to face: now I know even as also I am known.

Edited by Absolem

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Due to this site, and other discussions, my studies are usually topic based.  As I study topics, for a deeper understanding, I use the Greek and Hebrew dictionaries that follow the Strong Concordance numbering system.

As Other One does/did, I listen to scripture when I drive or want some quiet time.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

5 hours ago, Absolem said:

How do you study the bible? I usually just go where I'm lead. Lot of new testament. I've read a lot of old testament to but not all. I like the gospels and Paul's letters.

How do you study?

Everyone is an individual with individual needs to know and learn and grow and to become equipped

to know why they believe what they believe, to defend the faith, to learn about God and what he expects of us (individually),

and to learn what our calling and ministry is.

Bible (anything 101) begins at the beginning:

2 Peter 1:20–21 (AV)
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The proper way to interpret the scriptures is by the tutelage of the Holy Spirit who wrote it.

For the entire Bible came by the process described in verse 22.

So, not any portion of scripture is up for grabs (private interpretation: meaning by anyone or anything other than the Holy Spirit

who wrote it).

Otherwise, it is an eternal waste of time.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

2 Peter 1:20-21 now understood as the basis for any Bible study, reading, devotionals, etc.

How do we KNOW  it is the genuine Holy Spirit leading us / interpreting the scriptures?

1 John 4:1 (AV)
1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Test the spirits! Not because the Holy Spirit is hard to understand or capricious or whatnot... but because we are so gullible to false spirits

who try to pass themselves off as the Holy Spirit.

How do we test the spirits?

Acts 17:11 (AV)
11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

We are to test all things (1 Thessalonians 5:21).

That includes what Paul taught (the NIV makes the point that Acts 17:11 pertained to what Paul taught and the Bereans were commended for doing so)... certainly the Church, the pastor, the Bible teacher, and definitely me!

Take only God's word for it!

Eternity is a long long time to pay for risking taking someone else's word for it.