Ecumenism: "Why Can't We Be Friends?"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

You know very well I was not speaking about sharing the gospel with others Fidei.   Lets not twist things.

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Actually the Roman Church is in the Book of Romans, an epistle by Paul. It developed into its own homogeneous church from 300-1054 A.D. Just like there were the Greek Christians, Jewish Christians (Galatians 1 and 2, and Acts 15). Roman refers to culture, which Paul often talks about being apostle to Gentiles, to the Greek Churches, should we amend the Holy Bible?

That's a little disengenuous.  The Church at Rome in Scripture is NOT the Roman Catholic Church.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

Ecumenism:

I think from the outset, you should have given the  meaning of Ecumenism , and then explained in  your words what you interpret that to be in a clear and simple manner  that the non-theologians can understand.   

Then,  outline in a few practical examples how you perceive this can be accomplished.   The reader then, would i think truly grasp your intent on unifying the body of Christ as it seems that your sincere intention is or is there another motive.   

It is of no use or the product of speculating about what your intentions are without a clear and underlying meaning of what your message is, will only produce what the reader thinks you are aiming at.   

Then i think, response to your clear  intentions can be   commented by the readers and  if they are out of line or not addressing the subject, you would have the benefit of the audience to judge if  you are being  trampled or your thread derailed. 

Guest Teditis

That's funny... derail a thread on building unity among the Body of Christ, with meanness and fallacious logic

arguments... then blame the OP for not being clear about his intentions.

1 minute ago, Teditis said:

That's funny... derail a thread on building unity among the Body of Christ, with meanness and fallacious logic

arguments... then blame the OP for not being clear about his intentions.

Sometimes confusion is used to produce the results intended.  What is unity among the Body of Christ, you, sir, then define it if you so see meanness in the replies here. People are using their perceived meaning of the the word Ecumenism to reply to the OP topic. The OP, knows quite well this and he should define clearly what is the topic or you would have people imagining a picture with papa and all the other religions around the world in one meeting.  As we know that those meetings have taken place already and the intentions.  Do you think that would go down well with pilgrims here, use your imagination. 

Guest Teditis
11 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Sometimes confusion is used to produce the results intended.  What is unity among the Body of Christ, you, sir, then define it if you so see meanness in the replies here. People are using their perceived meaning of the the word Ecumenism to reply to the OP topic. The OP, knows quite well this and he should define clearly what is the topic or you would have people imagining a picture with papa and all the other religions around the world in one meeting.  As we know that those meetings have taken place already and the intentions.  Do you think that would go down well with pilgrims here, use your imagination. 

So you think that the OP is some emissary from the Vatican sent here to Worthy Chat Forums to... what,

sway George and bring us under their nefarious umbrella? Ha! Conspiracy theories plague you much?

Maybe you and some of the others need to tone down your imaginations some and take things at face value.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Doctrine is not a dirty word but an excellent mark by which God is known through His Word.... ecumenism is simple 'who cares'exclamation fuzzy bull.jpgwell the answer lies in these here

John 10:27 (KJV)

[27] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Just now, Teditis said:

So you think that the OP is some emissary from the Vatican sent here to Worthy Chat Forums to... what,

sway George and bring us under their nefarious umbrella? Ha! Conspiracy theories plague you much?

Maybe you and some of the others need to tone down your imaginations some and take things at face value.

Well since you thinking for me, i would only say to remind you.  It does not matter what hook a fisherman use and what bait is used, his aim is to get that  fish.  All i said and which is right, is if you are presenting a topic that can have many meanings as you say, then why not make a clear statement of what you are trying achieve and the method or examples.  Is that too much to ask.   Why leave room for unbridled thoughts.   \

By the way, would you be so inclined to give your meaning of Ecumenism ?.  Contribute something to help us with the OP topic instead of poking holes.

Guest Teditis
10 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Well since you thinking for me, i would only say to remind you.  It does not matter what hook a fisherman use and what bait is used, his aim is to get that  fish.  All i said and which is right, is if you are presenting a topic that can have many meanings as you say, then why not make a clear statement of what you are trying achieve and the method or examples.  Is that too much to ask.   Why leave room for unbridled thoughts.   \

By the way, would you be so inclined to give your meaning of Ecumenism ?.  Contribute something to help us with the OP topic instead of poking holes.

I'm not the one "poking holes"... you did that, along with several others.

You could have just asked the OP for clarification but instead you posted how it was his fault that the thread got derailed.

Or you could have googled the word yourself if you're unclear about the meaning... even studied the topic a bit... but no, you

chose to blame him for instigating chaos. And what have you added? Nothing but strife.

I've already posted my thoughts, earlier in the thread, about the OP and his intentions.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

Look at the title. 

Look at the world.

"ecum....."

Look at Scripture:  No "ecum......".  Period.

Thus,  the world + "ecum....."  = friends = enemies of Jesus.

Thus, worldly, carnal groups = friends.   Opposed to the GOOD NEWS GOSPEL .