IGNORED

misogyny

Throughout history we've seen women in battle who contributed greatly to their countries. I think it is a misogynist attitude that women should not be in war/military.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

How should men treat women?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Reason I started  to was because of this-I started a post in another forum about double standards in writing.  How in tv we see one set  of people doing certain things and it'll get different reactions than when another set another set do it. 

my examples were-

A comic character famously hit his wife decades ago. While abuse is never  ok. The fact was ,he was mentally unstable at the time, recovered,  was very sorry,never did it again  and even the wife he hit forgave him and they reconciled. yetvrhr character is branded as a wife nearer.

In contrast many shows feature  women hitting or beating men as comedic.

Secondly,

I said a blast domineering wife who ruled over her husband is  seen in comedies  but a man who dominated hiscwode is the lifetime  movie of the week. 

Was accused of misogyny.  I'm puzzled. I'm just pointing out the way shows are written

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

44 minutes ago, Allroses48 said:

Throughout history we've seen women in battle who contributed greatly to their countries. I think it is a misogynist attitude that women should not be in war/military.

I am sure nobody is saying women cannot server in war or the military.  The question I have heard is what position would they serve best in.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

10 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

Reason I started  to was because of this-I started a post in another forum about double standards in writing.  How in tv we see one set  of people doing certain things and it'll get different reactions than when another set another set do it. 

my examples were-

A comic character famously hit his wife decades ago. While abuse is never  ok. The fact was ,he was mentally unstable at the time, recovered,  was very sorry,never did it again  and even the wife he hit forgave him and they reconciled. yetvrhr character is branded as a wife nearer.

Secondly,

I said a blast domineering wife who ruled over her husband is  seen in comedies  but a man who dominated hiscwode is the lifetime  movie of the week. 

Was accused of misogyny.  I'm puzzled. I'm just pointing out the way shows are written

Would you care to retype this so we can follow???

6 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I am sure nobody is saying women cannot server in war or the military.  The question I have heard is what position would they serve best in.

Currently there are Kurdish units of women who are snipers and are taking out ISIS members. I think anyone can be trained to be a good soldier depending on ability. You just have to have the physical and mental training and ability  for it.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

14 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

my examples were-

Secondly,

I think writers appeal to a demographic of viewership in such things. I use to work for a company that gathered information of a type that pertained to marketing future business in any given area. There was always a certain demographic a client was looking to appeal to. And as a consequence of that we were given certain call sheets that matched that model to contact on the clients behalf. 

The Honeymooners show is crass by today's standards. Yet, in its prime it was considered hilarious and made the actors famous. Just like the three stooges. To this day I don't know why that show was on so long but it was. And all that was was buffoons being violent. And people laughed. And the stooges became a household name. 

Not everyone watched those shows. But the one's that did approved the visuals that were being displayed. The relationship between characters being displayed. It's marketing. And it all arrives from an understanding of where a certain segment of society, demographic, is at when the scripts for those shows are drafted. They're not drafted for everyone to enjoy. They're drafted for a certain intellect to find entertaining. 

That's how it is in all television programming. 

Feed the viewers needs. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I grew up a misogynist.  It has been hard to change.  I first had to learn what love and hate are.  The most hateful thing I ever did to a woman was worship her and give her God's place in my heart.  

I am steadily learning how to love.  

The bible declares that people get things so mixed up they call evil good and good evil.  Even to the point of crucifying the Son of God.  Why would we not understand that we are capable of misunderstanding the proper role of gender in mankind?  Even with the bible at our fingertips touching on the subject repeatedly many say did "God really say that?".

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  260
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, OneLight said:

Scripture shows us who can and cannot be leaders in the church.  If you disagree with what is said, you are calling the writers of scripture naive and ignorant and arrogant.  You realize this, don't you?

No, I'm calling the people who think to interpolate the scriptures to say women can't be called to service by God, when scriptures show that is not the case, naive, ignorant, and arrogant. And prideful thinking their ego's know more than does God. As if God would deliver the message that we're all one in Christ and then say, but because we're women he'd never see us fit to preach his word. Speaking for God in a way that denotes prejudice is far worse than naive. 

You realize this, don't you?