• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

10 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Or it could be that the show was in its 6th season and had so-so ratings.   And the fact that each new year those on the show get more money.  Or it could be that ABC didn't even own the show and the licensing fees for the show goes up each consecutive year that it is ran.

But, that is no fun and people cannot get their righteous indignation high for the day. 

It's always nice when an insult is thrown at everyone willy nilly instead of singling out any one person. 
The ratings were good for that show, from what I've read.

1 hour ago, ENOCH2010 said:

Is gator OOTS ????

Bingo.

46 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

5 post up you said that ABC has not given a reason, now you say I am saying the opposite of what they said.   Your link even says that ABC has not commented.  

I have given you an alternative reason as to why the show would be canceled, you have rejected it.  I have explained the way licensing works and about the extra cost to ABC and I have explained to you how advertising rates work. 

But of course you have not offered one iota of evidence or even any logic to support your view, but you demand it of me.  How typical for people on this forum, that is the 2nd time it has happened to me today. 

Maybe this forum isn't the place for you if 'typical' stuff like this is happening to you frequently.  It NEVER happens to me.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

28 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Maybe this forum isn't the place for you if 'typical' stuff like this is happening to you frequently.  It NEVER happens to me.

Why would it, you are waking in step with the the others.  Sort of how you only ever call me out for things and give your fellow right wingers a free pass

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

19 hours ago, wingnut- said:

In what appears to be the latest attack on diversity, ABC cancels the show Last Man Standing, starring Tim Allen.

An attack on diversity? Really? A canceled show is an attack on diversity? Networks cancel shows for one good reason. Ratings. Ratings make money. Networks want to make money. End of story. There is no conspiracy here, nothing to see folks, just move on. But of course if you really like the show, you are free to write into the network and ask that they keep it on the aire. I did that back in the 90's with "Alien Nation". It still got cancelled though. 

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

An attack on diversity? Really? A canceled show is an attack on diversity? Networks cancel shows for one good reason. Ratings. Ratings make money. Networks want to make money. End of story. There is no conspiracy here, nothing to see folks, just move on. But of course if you really like the show, you are free to write into the network and ask that they keep it on the aire. I did that back in the 90's with "Alien Nation". It still got cancelled though. 

The ratings were really high.  It was the 2nd or 3rd highest rated show on TV.  So it had nothing to do with low ratings.

It is an liberal attack on those who don't see things the way they do.  Allen supports Trump and possesses Christian values and says so.  That, in the Liberal mindset is enough to justify destroying you and your career.  Modern Liberals in Hollywood support censorship of anything they don't like.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Here is a link to ABC's ratings. It looks like a few other shows got the ax as well.  Since you are all convinced that the big bad liberal media is out to get you, perhaps the other shows had Trump supporters as well? (And yes this is sarcasm)

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/abc-tv-show-2016-2017-season-ratings/

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

15 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The ratings were really high.  It was the 2nd or 3rd highest rated show on TV.  So it had nothing to do with low ratings.

This is not true at all.  It was the third highest rated show on ABC, not on TV.  Also, it was much lower in the 18-49 age group that gets the big advertising money.  Also, it was a show that ABC was going to have to start paying the whole production cost of, something 20th Cen Fox had done up to that point.  

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

15 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Here is a link to ABC's ratings. It looks like a few other shows got the ax as well.  Since you are all convinced that the big bad liberal media is out to get you, perhaps the other shows had Trump supporters as well? (And yes this is sarcasm)

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/abc-tv-show-2016-2017-season-ratings/

:thumbsup:

Good Link~!

So....
What Shows Are They Keeping
The "Real" News And Weather At Five, Six And Seven?

:)

Big Bad TV Media
They Even "Make" News When They Fire Folk
Use A Radio Instead And Save Your Eyes For Reading Worthy Threads, lol~!

:emot-heartbeat:

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Running Gator said:

This is not true at all.  It was the third highest rated show on ABC, not on TV.  Also, it was much lower in the 18-49 age group that gets the big advertising money.  Also, it was a show that ABC was going to have to start paying the whole production cost of, something 20th Cen Fox had done up to that point.  

The point is that ratings were not low and it is pointless for people to assume it is ratings or money in an attempt to deflect from liberal censorship.