• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings dprprb

Is that a quote from me? I'm wondering what that was I was replying to? What I mean is,what would be COOL for us ? lol   Anyway,as far as referencing what happened with God eradicating the cancer it was very COOL to see the radiologists & oncologists dumbfounded looks on their faces when the pet scans clearly revealed "NO evidence of cancer"   they were so "unbelieving" they reordered the scans concluding it must be a faulty machine!!!!!! I said"When are yo going to acknowledge Gods Miracle that is right before your eyes?" I gladly agreed to have a third scan on a different machine.......they all agreed "Its a MIRACLE!"    Glory to God!

I must say,I do believe God does wait until man declares a situation is beyond any HOPE and IMPOSSIBLE to change the outcome so there is no mistake about His Divine Intervention.....so for anyone reading who may be in a situation that seems to be getting worse & worse ...be of good courage & let your HOPE remain in Christ Jesus!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,174
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

32 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings dprprb

Is that a quote from me? I'm wondering what that was I was replying to? What I mean is,what would be COOL for us ? lol   Anyway,as far as referencing what happened with God eradicating the cancer it was very COOL to see the radiologists & oncologists dumbfounded looks on their faces when the pet scans clearly revealed "NO evidence of cancer"   they were so "unbelieving" they reordered the scans concluding it must be a faulty machine!!!!!! I said"When are yo going to acknowledge Gods Miracle that is right before your eyes?" I gladly agreed to have a third scan on a different machine.......they all agreed "Its a MIRACLE!"    Glory to God!

I must say,I do believe God does wait until man declares a situation is beyond any HOPE and IMPOSSIBLE to change the outcome so there is no mistake about His Divine Intervention.....so for anyone reading who may be in a situation that seems to be getting worse & worse ...be of good courage & let your HOPE remain in Christ Jesus!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

So may I call you Proofessor :D  It is in the Spiritual things of God that I am drawn; the tangible realities that The Word forms within my heart that is non-dependent of this that we have began in. It is easier to let go of that which God is not keeping and to embrace and cling to that which He shall never let go of :thumbsup: ... even though they are not understood by the things that are but will in fact be known when we are taken there!  

1 Corinthians 2:9 (KJV)

[9] But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

[10] But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

[11] For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

[12] Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

[13] Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

How strange it is to speak this out into the ears and read on their faces the total blankness of it's meaning ... surely His Spirit does bear witness with our s/Spirit that we are His and He 'IS'...

Love ya, Sis, Steven 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

So may I call you Proofessor :D 

:24:Absolutely Brother!!! I had to give a double take on that one before I realized what you just said.....I am a LIving Testimony of our Miracle Working God Almighty!!! Yes,indeed a witness providng PROOF!!!!! Its wonderful ,it's an honor,a privilege,a Blessing to be able to say"God Has Delivered me-He Can DEliver YOU" He is the Same MIracle Working God that parted the Red Sea,sent manna from Heaven,raise Lazarus from the grave,Gace sight to Blind Bartameaus,walked on water,changed water to wine & rose from the dead on the 3rd day!!!!! HALLELUYAH!!

King James Bible
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.                               Hebrews 13:8

James 1:17

17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Love you Brother,Your Sis Kwik:emot-heartbeat:

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings dprprb

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Yes I was quoting you from Feb post in :

Posted February 6 :  What if By zorgblar

I was scanning thru old pages to see what kind of reactions I might expect from WCF members, you seemed to relish the idea of knowing. When I read all of the threads in this section of WCF I see that over and over again we are discussing 'around' the topic of how miracles really work between Christian ideologies  and with nonbelievers. The YEC position is a miracle by definition. The right explanation explains everything and is what says it is from God and glorifies God. It is not power to perform it is understanding and faith(see enoch2021) should you be called to do so by God( no testing please). I cant imagine that it would be easy to assimilate and I do mean assimilate. It may only take 2 seconds to explain but wrestling with the mental consequences is another matter entirely. For instance- I have already given an account of the natural way to build the ark. It is in complete conflict with the wooden structure in Kentucky. If they heard what I said what would they hold fast to- a version of truth or their very public presentation? Does having constucted it 'prove' that it occurred that way?  Are both 'answers' equally valid? If there is more than one answer then will we sit with scientists, OEC'ers, etc (like prostitutes and tax collectors) and enjoy fruits from their vines - if they are good and produce salvation?

The Pope said "Nope" to the need for strict interpretation (by allowing Big Bang and evolution data) and thus my answer is "Yes" from that direction I suppose.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

Bearing in mind that while God is interested in every detail of our lives including all of our physical maladies , His  refusal to heal Paul's  " thorn in the flesh " demonstrated as powerful a miracle as he ever performed in giving strength that Paul had no idea he was capable of .

Delivering a victory to Paul from sickness that to temporal understanding was still there , yet he was completely  renewed  & strengthened  according to the God determined need within causing him to exclaim :                         

" I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me ."

This miracle of God's promised strength according to need is a daily occurrence , and much greater than any miracle of the physical we esteem in our temporal limited

weak understanding .

New every morning to all believers  , to the youth with lessons and labors before him .

To the aged,  lingering in leisure .

To the sick at home or in the hospital , or the physically fit with burdens heavy to bear .

To the poor with meager supply .

To the rich in their abundance .

All may claim the great  promise and power of the same  miracle that caused Paul , though still hobbled physically , to rejoice in hearing from God who knew

exactly what he was able to bear , say  :

"  My grace is sufficient for you "

13 hours ago, Unfailing Presence said:

Bearing in mind that while God is interested in every detail of our lives including all of our physical maladies , His  refusal to heal Paul's  " thorn in the flesh " demonstrated as powerful a miracle as he ever performed in giving strength that Paul had no idea he was capable of .

Delivering a victory to Paul from sickness that to temporal understanding was still there , yet he was completely  renewed  & strengthened  according to the God determined need within causing him to exclaim :                         

" I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me ."

This miracle of God's promised strength according to need is a daily occurrence , and much greater than any miracle of the physical we esteem in our temporal limited

weak understanding .

New every morning to all believers  , to the youth with lessons and labors before him .

To the aged,  lingering in leisure .

To the sick at home or in the hospital , or the physically fit with burdens heavy to bear .

To the poor with meager supply .

To the rich in their abundance .

All may claim the great  promise and power of the same  miracle that caused Paul , though still hobbled physically , to rejoice in hearing from God who knew

exactly what he was able to bear , say  :

"  My grace is sufficient for you "

Thank you. Is there something about the OP you would like to discuss?

So a consolidated theme of the miracles, I think, unites all of the Testament authors under a single inspirational source.  Biblically we are allowed to have as many 'hidden variable' theories that we want , especially considering the fact that we are trying to think, model,  and write about something that was in fact divinely crafted.  So if all the authors "got it right" and were consistent, and that consistency eluded being point pointed for many generations, and was actually consistent with physics / facts that are beyond the minds of the writers then that structure becomes a logic trap that you cannot escape.   So I need the testimony of barbaric minded (in the modern perspective) flat earth believers to witness - and this is the big corner- and report to us 2000 years later eactly the way they would have understood/perceived it. Critics often use these types of arguments(flat earth) to deny Christianity but it is also evidence that i have the true testimony, faithfully recorded and preserved, from 20-30 centuries ago. I think part of the faithful Word is the individual contribution and part (that is important) is divinely inspired...like FM broadcast band and then the particular station 105.6 that is significant. Not that you can really separate the two. God, to my knowledge of the Words of Salvation, did not specifically sit everyone down (along the history) and provide quantum mechanics 101 et. al training to His chosen voices- prior to their testimony.  The authors then have to put it into their own understandings of the moment. And then what makes sense to me is this: These are the Words of Salvation only- (dont try to add anything and make it harder  or subtract anything and make it impossible for people to succeed.)  Yes I get that that is ALL that you need to know ONCE you get into the right relationship and I know we all fail that relationship lots of times to varying degree- some people never seek that relationship because they dont think that it is there. Showing that these divine inclusions are really there is evidence.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Point 5 in the opening post.

To be consistent with the laws of physics? In what sense if an occurrence follows the laws of physics/the natural world is it a miracle. If demonstrated to follow the laws of physics how it is a miracle. Surely a miracle occurrence needs to break the natural laws otherwise where is a devine intervention?

The Templeton foundation that's been desperately trying to prove prayer works on the sick had merely demonstrated it made no difference much to their dismay.

Magnificent claims require magnificent evidence or we'd be forced to believe anything anyone cited right? The catholic church had given mother Theresa credit for 2 miracles...the 1st they detailed but was demonstrated not to be the case by her doctors of a woman recovering from illness. They had learned their lesson and refused to give detail of the eledged 2nd. The human body is an incredibly complicated thing...supposed miracles never seem to be things like organs being removed and new ones appearing out of thin air or people growing new limbs.

Edited by Kevinb

14 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Point 5 in the opening post.

To be consistent with the laws of physics? In what sense if an occurrence follows the laws of physics/the natural world is it a miracle. If demonstrated to follow the laws of physics how it is a miracle. Surely a miracle occurrence needs to break the natural laws otherwise where is a devine intervention?

The Templeton foundation that's been desperately trying to prove prayer works on the sick had merely demonstrated it made no difference much to their dismay.

Magnificent claims require magnificent evidence or we'd be forced to believe anything anyone cited right? The catholic church had given mother Theresa credit for 2 miracles...the 1st they detailed but was demonstrated not to be the case by her doctors of a woman recovering from illness. They had learned their lesson and refused to give detail of the eledged 2nd. The human body is an incredibly complicated thing...supposed miracles never seem to be things like organs being removed and new ones appearing out of thin air or people growing new limbs.

What is your specific reaction/assessment of the case of Annabel Beam as an example of a random, modern miracle- that such things do occur- randomly- will you allow that case to stand as potential evidence that certain things can be made to happen? I understand if you dont there's a big difference.

I'm maintaining that miracles keep a foot in both doors-natural and supernatural if they are to be glorious and also part of the world.  Hmmm  maybe supersymmetric is well understood in the way that that applies and  so what is the boundary of supermathematics? What is an nth sigma math model? It is perfectly logical to pursue supersymmetric particles with billion dollar machines but the mathematics of it is strictly relegated to what we can imagine at the moment collectively and historically? Relativity does properly contain Newtonian dynamics  as we understand. I cant Einstein^10 some theory on the spot. I can play games like what if miracles take neutrino interactions- that would make them very rare. What if the Higgs field has an identity case that doesnt become real and is stuck at 0+i?  But Ill try not to and i never promised to make ends meet to 35 decimal places Im not a physicist.  what I do know is this: I was trained by a man who was trained by an Old World Italian master woodworker. Lesson #1 if you're sweating you're doing it wrong ... there that is how I came up with my model of how to build the ark.- building of the ark is ae 'not miracle' that was 100% natural (except the course of nature did do all the 'heavy lifting' =indirect divine assistance ) So if that model has eluded the mental grasp of peoples for 2 millenia what else is out there? would you put a pin in physics long enough ...?  :) 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:33 PM, dprprb said:

Thank you. Is there something about the OP you would like to discuss?

Great post dprprb , really makes you consider the possibilities .

Just wanted to emphasize that I believe the miracles of God encompass  realms much broader than our limited  perception  , constrained by our

obsession with the physical realm , can perceive .

From our point of view It was a very great miracle , very beneficial indeed , for Lazarus to be called forth from the grave by Jesus .

How wonderful for him , right ?

Yet when you start to unpack what really took place you had a man who just a couple of days prior had been transported from being in a sickly ,

suffering , dying body   into the realm of a   peaceful  holy  paradise with God never to  feel pain , fear , or death anymore , and then be torn away from that

realm of peace with God to be put back into a decaying body once more to eventually suffer another earthly death at some point .

Granted it was all done for the Glorification of Jesus , and I'm sure Lazarus was honored to make the sacrifice for the Lord , but the point is that

Lazarus's perception of  what a dandy " miracle " it was coming forth from the grave in a body destined to suffer and die again would not square with our

perception of how really great it was to have only been dead for a mere couple of days and be " alive "  again .

" Oh , by the way Lazarus glad you are back with us , the door needs fixing  , and  the back forty needs plowing by the end of the month . "

It is quite telling that whenever Jesus cured the blind, lame , crippled , , He always first addressed the spiritual sickness  before He healed the physical .

Can you imagine Him walking up to a man who was blind from birth and  asking ,   " what will you have me to do for thee "  ?

" O Lord grant that I may desire Thee , and desiring Thee , seek Thee , and seeking Thee , find Thee , and finding Thee, be satisfied with Thee forever "

(  Augustine )