• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

I like your cartoons and I think it is good to talk about topics. But sometimes it feels like we are all sounded like "Christian snobs" looking down on others who are not doing things as we think they should.  Perhaps you have a cartoon about showing compassion to others. Just for a change of pace. As I know as Christians we can forget to show that to people because we are so consume with pointing out to others all the sin that is in their life. 

Actually  no.. It's not a  pointing out of sin, it's a reminder  to us all. We ,myself including need to remember that we need to see the bible as God's word and to be obeyed regardless of our feelings.  Often we can rationalise and try every loophole  in the word to ignore direct commands  because we want to do  certain things.

I found myself  in e.g. a situation.  I began to  hook up with a crush i had from a teen knowing full well she was divorced . I flat out remember reading the verse to see and purposely coming with some silly rationalisation to justify it.We even went on a date. It's after God made me unintentioally open my bible to the verse about divorce TWICE at during the readings at church  that I finally came r my senses. 

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

I like your cartoons and I think it is good to talk about topics. But sometimes it feels like we are all sounded like "Christian snobs" looking down on others who are not doing things as we think they should.  Perhaps you have a cartoon about showing compassion to others. Just for a change of pace. As I know as Christians we can forget to show that to people because we are so consume with pointing out to others all the sin that is in their life. 

Actually  no.. It's not a  pointing out of sin, it's a reminder  to us all. We ,myself including need to remember that we need to see the bible as God's word and to be obeyed regardless of our feelings.  Often we can rationalise and try every loophole  in the word to ignore direct commands  because we want to do  certain things.

I found myself  in e.g. a situation.  I began to  hook up with a crush i had from a teen knowing full well she was divorced . I flat out remember reading the verse to see and purposely coming with some silly rationalisation to justify it.We even went on a date. It's after God made me unintentioally open my bible to the verse about divorce TWICE at during the readings at church  that I finally came r my senses. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

Concerning divorce. You realize divorce is allowed in the Bible under certain circumstances? 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

"hath God said", is always being updated for the benefit of ...................

Edited by Behold

I know  But had I dated her I'd  be leading to committing adultery.

4 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

Is that what scriptures say?

Matthew 5:32 But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

1 Corinthians 7:15 But if the unbelieving partner separates, let it be so. In such cases the brother or sister is not enslaved. God has called you to peace.

Matthew 19:9 And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

2 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

If God points something out to us we need to obey.  Period.  Perhaps God knew that this woman was the offender.  I have no idea.  For whatever the reason, God plainly told Creativemechanic NO about this woman.  

But others explain away what is clearly said as well.  It is stated that "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes on Him shall not perish but have everlasting life."   Some have said the world does not mean the whole world, but only believers.  Or that Jesus only died for believers.  Or that Jesus did not die for sinners!  Oh my.  How far we want to twist the scriptures when something doesn't agree with our pet doctrines.  

To be sure there are some issues that are not directly spoken of in Scripture and in those cases we need to obey how God speaks to each one of us, but in love try not to stumble our weaker brothers.  Worship days and food are two that are mentioned in Scripture.  But they are still debated as well.  

Other issues such as the rapture and other end times topics we won't know for sure until the time come, though we see the signs.  The admonishment is to be prepared as though it will be any minute from now.  The time is much closer now than is was when the words were written in Scripture  Rom 13:11 Besides this you know the time, that the hour has come for you to wake from sleep. For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed."   We need to redeem the time while the fields are white for harvest.  And we ourselves need to be ready to meet the Lord at any time.  

How do you say you don't know Creativemechanic's circumstances concerning the woman, but decree you do absolutely know God's will for him concerning that? 

Is divorce even possible ?

Matthew 19:6 So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Question: "Is remarriage after divorce always adultery?"