ricky

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Php 4:11 WEB   Not that I speak because of lack, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content in it. Php 4:12  I know how to be humbled, and I know also how to abound. In everything and in all things I have learned the secret both to be filled and to be hungry, both to abound and to be in need. Php 4:13  I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

1Ti 6:5  constant friction of people of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. Withdraw yourself from such. 1Ti 6:6  But godliness with contentment is great gain. 1Ti 6:7  For we brought nothing into the world, and we certainly can’t carry anything out. 1Ti 6:8  But having food and clothing, we will be content with that. 1Ti 6:9  But those who are determined to be rich fall into a temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful lusts, such as drown men in ruin and destruction. 1Ti 6:10  For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some have been led astray from the faith in their greed, and have pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Mat 6:19  “Don’t lay up treasures for yourselves on the earth, where moth and rust consume, and where thieves break through and steal; Mat 6:20  but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consume, and where thieves don’t break through and steal; Mat 6:21  for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Mat 6:33  But seek first God’s Kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things will be given to you as well.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Anonymous Aristotle,

The whole of God`s word does contain words that the different people or groups were/are to believe God for. God speaks specifically to different ones in the OT and also to groups, Israel and the Nations. He spoke to them specific words for them to believe Him for.

When Jesus was manifest on earth He spoke of things that Israel needed to believe Him for - eg the coming millennial reign where they would rule the nations.

Now today, Jesus the Head of the Body, speaks to us through His word and reveals His purpose for us. We are to believe what He says and that is the `faith`` the trust and belief we have in Him - saved from judgment and receiving eternal life, to be made like Christ. And that involves trials and temptations and for us to be overcomers. No greater blessing than that. `Prosperity` is not on God`s agenda as regards this fallen world.

`If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above where Christ is sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, NOT on the earth, for you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.`(Col. 3: 1 - 3)

Those `things above,` is to receive Christ`s life - see 2 Peter 2 - 8 the divine nature.

regards, Marilyn.

Thank you Marilyn . :) 

16 hours ago, OneLight said:

Then you might find what i posted a few pages back interesting.

Yes, I did see that. Thank you. :) 

10 hours ago, Yowm said:

Along with having tribulations and trials.

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. (Joh 16:33)

And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
(Rom 5:3)

who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
(2Co 1:4)

In this life we are promised the fruits of the Spirit such as peace, love, and joy in the next we will lack nothing.

It is truly a blessing to have peace, love and joy in my life. Thank you Jesus. I hope the same for you as well. 

Just now, Yowm said:

The harder part is learning this lesson...

James 1:2 NASB
[2] Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials,

Romans 5:3 NASBS
[3] And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance;

For me, when the trials come I hold to the precious joy and peace that I have inside and the absolute confidence that God is more determined to get me through than the trials are to break me. 

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

When the blessings don't come...

Job 13:15a NASB
[15] "Though He slay me, I will hope in Him."

But Job was blessed.Because of all things Satan brought against him he was not able to , not allowed to, take his life. And the blessings of the Lord came later and overcame what Job had lost during his trial.  And  Job never lost his peace, his hope, nor his love for God. We should all pray we are as strong as Job. Because our God is an awesome God.