IGNORED

‘Disgusting:’ McDonald’s introduces ‘gay pride’ fries, Christians call for boycott

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

I think what he's saying is that a formal boycott - organized by Christians - only fits into the 'template' (mis-conceived though it is) the world has of Christians.  We're all haters (of homosexuals and others) - or so the world says.  It really cannot (nor does it want to) understand the concept of 'hate the sin; love the sinner.'

And of course the world seems to overlook and/or excuse (for the most part) a religion that DOES hate homosexuals - to the point of beheadings.

Blessings,

-Ed

:thumbsup:

Guest Judas Machabeus
3 hours ago, Yowm said:

Agreed, in the long run formal boycotts usually end up profiting the culprits through free advertising by all the hoop-la.

Keep it a personal decision.

If ever Christian decided to stop all McDonald's patronage for one week. They would notice and would think twice about celebrating it. Problem is Christian just don't care or are too apethetic and don't do anything. 

Guest Judas Machabeus
16 minutes ago, Yowm said:

They did at Scorsese's film, The Last Temptation of Jesus and the media made them look like clowns and a B movie ended up making millions over the free publicity the boycott stirred up.

I never heard about that boycott or that movie. I agree they can back fire, or are not effective. My parents generation (baby boomer gen) the dominate faith was Christianity. So if their generation had lived their faith, most if not all the social degenerate issues we face today would we may not be facing. Their generation allowed things to erode and therefore the foundation for the next generation (gen x) was weak. So gen x faith was built on a weak foundation they allowed it to erode even more and now the millennial generation have their houses built on sand and we know what scripture says about building your house on sand.

Its going to get a lot worse before it starts to get better again. There are ALOT of weeds growing among the wheat and it'll take time for those weeds to get weeded out.

29 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

If ever Christian decided to stop all McDonald's patronage for one week. They would notice and would think twice about celebrating it. Problem is Christian just don't care or are too apethetic and don't do anything. 

I am not so sure.  How often do you eat at McDonalds?

Guest shiloh357
26 minutes ago, Yowm said:

They did at Scorsese's film, The Last Temptation of Jesus and the media made them look like clowns and a B movie ended up making millions over the free publicity the boycott stirred up.

I remember that.   Most people who saw it said it was boring and that it was the controversy that got them to go see it. Human nature loves controversy.

Guest Judas Machabeus
Just now, Running Gator said:

I am not so sure.  How often do you eat at McDonalds?

I'm one of MILLIONS.... also you typed your post as I was typing my last post. The time for action was back in the 60's and 70's. With each passing generation things erode more and more and quicker and quicker. I just watched Corky Romano last night (1994) and the language and the way they made references to homosexuals would NOT be tolerated today. In less than one generation we went from finding it "cute" to poke fun at homosexuals to gay marriage, to the transgender mess we're currently dealing with.

35 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

I'm one of MILLIONS.... also you typed your post as I was typing my last post. The time for action was back in the 60's and 70's. With each passing generation things erode more and more and quicker and quicker. I just watched Corky Romano last night (1994) and the language and the way they made references to homosexuals would NOT be tolerated today. In less than one generation we went from finding it "cute" to poke fun at homosexuals to gay marriage, to the transgender mess we're currently dealing with.

My point was that boycotting McDonalds for a week would have zero effect because for me and just about everyone I know that would be nothing different than a normal week.   I do not personally know anyone that eats there on a regular basis.    My son used to be a big fan of the Egg McMuffin till I made him my own version and now there is nothing worth going for.   

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

This seems to be only a few franchises. If my local franchise did it I would boycott, but they are not. Not that I eat a lot of McDonald's anyway. Whataburger all the way!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,632
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Well it has me reading 1 Corinthians 8

So, I guess some good comes of it.

As for me, if it may weaken a brother or a sister, I can avoid all meat, and the issue won't even come up.

Now if Taco Bell starts celebrating illegal immigration month on each May, I then might have an issue and need to consider taking a pass on the  double taco supremes.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Yowm said:

That's probably an accurate translation. Maybe bryan will clarify it himself.

SavedByGrace1981  clarified my meaning perfectly. 

Many boycotts can backfire and actually benefit what's being targeted.  They can also be ineffective but have major side effects.   Sometimes that's good, sometimes not.  In this case, boycotting McDonald's would likely have little financial effect unless the number boycotting grew very large.  At the same time, news and social media about the boycott could easily reinforce a perception in the public that Christians hate gays.