• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

4 hours ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

Probably a wise decision when not reading clearly the actual words of what is being posted for your consideration. God go with you.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.  But God can take the scales off the eyes of ANYONE who truly wants to be free of them.  He did for me.  :)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

There are none so blind as those who will not see.  But God can take the scales off the eyes of ANYONE who truly wants to be free of them.  He did for me.  :)

:) :emot-hug:

8 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I hate to find myself defending Gator, but the post example above is a fantastic example of exactly what he is talking about.  A problem, clearly displayed, that every single person engaged in it refuses to acknowledge.

"There is no problem!"

Labels.  Labels get tossed around so much the political forum floor is covered with them chest-deep.  "Haters."  "Bashers."  "NeverTrumpers"  "Anti-American."  "Trump Worshipers."  Can't cogently display your defense with logic, decorum and facts?  Just label stuff.  Just assign motivations and loyalties at random even though one has absolutely no way to know if they are correct or not.  Same old tactics.  Stick to the Narrative.  Round up the usual suspects.

If your defense is a sound one, labels such as the one above are never needed, and should never be used.  In reference to anything.  You just put your defense out there for what it is.  If not, by sticking labels in it all the time all you are doing is resorting to ad hominems and attempting to poison  the well.  That means your defense is weak or you would not need these types of devices to bolster it.

Truth defends itself by existing as is. It need not any one to speak any one word to prove that. Falsity excuses why it exists. And its disciple argue it stands supreme because that truth is expendable beneath its shadow. 

Since this is a message forum, allowing falsity to speak without rebuttal would be a disservice as a daughter of the most high God.

I shall remember your observation when those who seek to promote falsity and insist upon it in Trump threads, do the very things you've just done to demonstrate yourself in league, while defending the indefensible tactics of gator, as your own example of what not to be in this discussion. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

Since this is a message forum, allowing falsity to speak without rebuttal would be a disservice as a daughter of the most high God.

Yeah I've tried to do that a few times. But I am met with the "fake news" comment. Then if I go on about it I get accused of Trump bashing, and then I get a lecture on how as Christians we are not to disrespect our leaders. Then it ends with someone saying something about "Trump haters."  So I am kind of thinking now there really isn't any point in trying to let people know what is going on. I should just let them work it out for themselves I guess.  :mellow:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

7 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Yeah I've tried to do that a few times. But I am met with the "fake news" comment. Then if I go on about it I get accused of Trump bashing, and then I get a lecture on how as Christians we are not to disrespect our leaders. Then it ends with someone saying something about "Trump haters."  So I am kind of thinking now there really isn't any point in trying to let people know what is going on. I should just let them work it out for themselves I guess.  :mellow:

Lady I think what is objected to is the manner in which things are presented. In a recent thread you posted (which I cant find now so I cant quote it exactly) you started the first post with something like "now will you people see what he finally is." That is pretty inflammatory. That is when I start thinking more trump bashing and feel defensive not because of trump but because it sounds like Im being condemned for supporting something or someone. Not just from you, but from others who post things in a way that is inflammatory. A better way to post that kind of info without it being bashing is to just post the info and say something mild like "in my opinion, this is really bad."

I spent months disagreeing with someone about trump and did so without rancor. Because neither one of us got inflammatory or said things that were accusatory.

Just my two cents. 

3 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

So you are saying that anyone who does not 100% support Trump is blind?

No so don't read anything into my post that isn't there.. It goes beyond the President, it's everything that is good or not good. I am saying that the Lord can make people see clearly even if they don't start out that way.  As He did me. 

4 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

In the political forum, the actual problem is an "Us vs. Them" mentality.  And that mentality often runs both ways.  The problem with this is not, at it's core, a political problem.  It is a problem of the heart.  Since this is a Christian forum, as well as a political one, theoretically, these types of sharp divides and Circle the Wagons attitude should not exist.

The sentiment of "well if you don't like it here, just don't post here" is not a fundamentally good one either.  That denies a problem exists.

Well, as one who is part of a 'mob', although unwittingly, it's just common sense to not understand why those who disagree with the majority don't expect any rebuttaL  What?  That doesn't make sense.  And no one has told anyone not to post here, btw.  I believe the point was made that if one can't take the slings and arrows it's probably not a good place to be.  Argument and disagreement are going to happen if people post here, let's just be big boys and girls and learn to handle it.  And disagreement can happen without trying to shaft the other person or the person's beliefs too.

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

I don't think anyone here at least in this thread discussion has indicated they're opposed to learning about what is going on. What is true. What is real. What is fact. 

What cannot be appreciated by those committed to intellectual honesty and certainly as pertains to the leadership of their own nation, is the movement that has arisen in defiance of the rule of law. The free election process. And the reality of Donald Trump being elected to the highest office.

And as a method of opposing that truth, that reality, that fact, certain partisan bias media outlets have committed to fostering the divide that anchors in opposition to truth, reality, and the fact of president Trump's four year future as our elected president. And Republicans as majority for their term in both houses. 

I would also suggest it is not a lecture about respect for our leaders. It is scripture. Further, as pertains to Trump Haters, imitating ISIS and holding up a custom crafted effigy of a beheaded Donald Trump is not an example of love nor respect. Defending that as free speech, when ISIS did the same thing, isn't respect for president Donald Trump. And deflecting when the discussion surrounding such an act as incitement by interjecting what supposedly transpired with BH Obama , isn't dealing honestly with what is contemporary politics and issues. 

When people oppose incitement tacts like those of Kathy Griffin, and the Caesar rendition using Trump as Caesar, we're told we're the one's that are offenders. When false news , gossip, slander, defamation, of Trump arises and is published in the media and then shared here and that is shut down by those who care to seek out the evidence that proves those publications are false, we're told we can't handle the truth. 

Don't you see? The division that is being worked by the MSM and the partisan interests that are professionals in their field are creating a divide in America through those tactics. They're putting the population at each others throats. Predicating the chaos that arises on carefully seeded lies. While making the truth the enemy. All to destroy what is the reality of Republican majority in government's top two branches. The law makers and the law enforcer. 

2 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

It has nothing to do with the rebuttal part beyond the way it is done.  There is a right way to rebut someone and there is a wrong way.  A Scorched Earth policy is never the way to go on a Christian board.  It is also not a good idea to label everyone and attempt to build a fence with one perceived group on one side and a group that is considered hostile, or blinded, or just plain wrong on the other side.  Just about everyone who participates in the Political Forum, myself included, should look in the mirror once in a while and whisper, "I am ashamed of myself."  I have done it lots of times.

What is very strange about that observation? The person you defend and those that align with his tactics in this thread and others pertaining to president Trump example that exact tactic you are hoping to attach to those Christians that rebut those tactics with facts. And kindness. Rather than with their sarcasm, rewording of written remarks so as to accuse the author of something they believe then needs defending after machined from that persons own imagination. A tactic to derail  the pointed facts that destroy the false narrative those tacticians seem to promulgate in this and all threads pertaining to president Trump. 

And my pointing those facts out , as is apparent in the new tactician that has joined them and his agenda, will be assailed so as to make those to whom I am referring appear the victim. When in their pursuit we can all clearly read, truth concerning this matter and president Trump, is the victim. As they are part of the resistance. Which seeks to create a divide in America. And then scorch the Right side of what is cordoned off by their tactics. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother’s eye.