Swords99

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

This topic may have been discussed on here before, but as a relatively new member, I have not been able to find it.

My question is this: Are demons different from fallen angels? What does the Bible actually teach about them?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,126
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Demons are the disembodied spirits of the nephilim,  not angels.  Angels do not need to possess a body. You won't find a lot about it in the Bible for it is written to introduce us to the Father not the devil.  You will find more about it in 1Enoch if you want to take the thread kind of sideways. 

Much of my personal knowledge is dealing with them for years as they lived with my wife and I many years ago.

Btw, it has been discussed here in many threads over the years.  They always turn into 1Enoch threads. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

As O.O. says, demons are most likely the disembodied spirits of the Nephilim who are the hybrid offspring of fallen angels. Demons are probably responsible for most of the psychic phenomena experienced throughout history and throughout different cultures, such as ghosts, banshees, poltergeists, apparitions, fairies, leprechauns, U.F.Os and various entitities given different names by different people in different religions in different places in the world, and at different times in history.

In some cultures they are worshipped as gods, although more likely it is the materialisation of fallen angels themselves that were responsible for false god worship.

Only the word of God tells us what these things really are. All other religions have been deceived.

5 hours ago, other one said:

Demons are the disembodied spirits of the nephilim,  not angels.  Angels do not need to possess a body. You won't find a lot about it in the Bible for it is written to introduce us to the Father not the devil.  You will find more about it in 1Enoch if you want to take the thread kind of sideways. 

Much of my personal knowledge is dealing with them for years as they lived with my wife and I many years ago.

You and your wife have lived with demons for years? Can you share a little with us?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

7 hours ago, Swords99 said:

This topic may have been discussed on here before, but as a relatively new member, I have not been able to find it.

My question is this: Are demons different from fallen angels? What does the Bible actually teach about them?

Question: "Are demons fallen angels?"

Answer:
When exactly God created angels is open for debate, but what is known for sure is that God created everything good because God, in His holiness, cannot create something sinful. So when Satan, who was once the angel Lucifer, rebelled against God and fell from heaven (Isaiah 14; Ezekiel 28), one third of the angelic host joined his insurrection (Revelation 12:3-4,9). There is no doubt these fallen angels are now known as the demons.

We know that hell was prepared for the devil and his angels, according to Matthew 25:41: “Then He will say to those on His left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.’” Jesus, by using the possessive word his makes it clear that these angels belong to Satan. Revelation 12:7-9 describes an end-times angelic battle between Michael and "his angels" and the devil and "his angels." From these and similar verses, it is clear that demons and fallen angels are synonymous.

Some reject the idea that the demons are the fallen angels due to the fact that Jude verse 6 declares the angels who sinned to be "bound with everlasting chains." However, it is clear that not all of the angels who sinned are "bound," as Satan is still free (1 Peter 5:8). Why would God imprison the rest of the fallen angels, but allow the leader of the rebellion to remain free? It seems that Jude verse 6 is referring to God confining the fallen angels who rebelled in an additional way, likely the "sons of God" incident in Genesis chapter 6.

The most common alternate explanation for the origin of the demons is that when the Nephilim of Genesis 6 were destroyed in the Flood, their disembodied souls became the demons. While the Bible does not specifically say what happened to the souls of the Nephilim when they were killed, it is unlikely that God would destroy the Nephilim in the Flood only to allow their souls to cause even greater evil as the demons. The most biblically consistent explanation for the origin of the demons is that they are the fallen angels, the angels who rebelled against God with Satan.

https://www.gotquestions.org/fallen-angels.html

6 hours ago, Swords99 said:

You and your wife have lived with demons for years? Can you share a little with us?

Not really.... let me put it this way.....  somewhere along the timeline i decided it would be a really good idea to research the occult and really understsnd why Satan did what he is doing thinking it would be good to know how to fight with him.....  the more i studied the more i learned and the more i interfacec with the dark side....  all the time thinking i had control of things.

Long story short one night I was offered things that was really difficult to comprehend if I actually joined them.  I was in the shower probably about to make some really bad decisions when the Holy Spirit intervened and verbally told them no.....  said you can't have him, he's mine.  That was about the time I realized just how out of control I was.

The main thing out of it all was to be able to tell people that we as humans literally have no authority within the spiritual realm.   We have no control over the demonic forces whatsoever.....  And they are so old and have so much understanding of humans, they can usually outsmart almost any of us.   The only control or authority we have is through the Holy Spirit....  so unless thd Holy Spirit tells you to get involved with the d ark side.......  just don't. 

Also, for most people all they need to know about the demonic world you can get in the book of Ephesians.

Although my dealings has let me help several people work through some problems they or others have gotten them into.  And some people who have been seriously traumatised either by the dark ones, or just bad people.

The daily interactions that I lived....  people just don't need to know.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

21 hours ago, OakWood said:

As O.O. says, demons are most likely the disembodied spirits of the Nephilim who are the hybrid offspring of fallen angels. Demons are probably responsible for most of the psychic phenomena experienced throughout history and throughout different cultures, such as ghosts, banshees, poltergeists, apparitions, fairies, leprechauns, U.F.Os and various entitities given different names by different people in different religions in different places in the world, and at different times in history.

In some cultures they are worshipped as gods, although more likely it is the materialisation of fallen angels themselves that were responsible for false god worship.

Only the word of God tells us what these things really are. All other religions have been deceived.

I do wonder; if angels are sexless beings  at Heaven, and creations of God not deity themselves, how is it when  a third of them fall with Satan and are cast into chains they become fathers of Nephim?  They have no body, they are spirit, they are not deity, they cannot create, but they  somehow find a period of time maybe a Angel purgatory to develop ability and opportunity to mate and produce a hybrid creation? I don't think so. It doesn't "ring" true to me. 

And now I see R.C. Sproul Jr. wrote a piece on the subject- his more pedestrian view seems more likely to me. For I have always found myself  who are these sons of God, and in what context is this term being used here,and perhaps elsewhere?

Anyway Here is R.C.Sproul Jr.:

Who Are the Sons of God and Daughters of Men in Genesis 6:1-5?

FROM R.C. Sproul Jr. Sep 22, 2012 Category: Articles

When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose. Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.” The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown. The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.” — Genesis 6:1-5

There are several competing theories on this admittedly peculiar text, a few of them fantastic, at least one of them rather pedestrian, ordinary. Some suggest, for instance, that what is happening here is that angels, typically fallen angels or demons, are intermarrying with human women. My position is the far more pedestrian one, but one that carries with it an important lesson.

First, why I reject this more fantastic view. Angels, whether fallen or not, and though I am happy to concede they can appear in human form, are spirit beings. They have no bodies. Most of the time most of us remember this, though here some seem to forget. Because angels are spirit beings they are not equipped to consummate a marriage and to sire offspring. Demons can do all sorts of shocking and even frightening things. This, however, is not one of them. They can’t bring forth giants because they simply can’t bring forth.

When we consider the context of this text we can better understand what Moses is explaining. In previous chapters we are given a glimpse of two competing lines, the godly line of Seth and the wicked line of Cain. Having established the antithesis in the garden, after affirming that there would be a constant struggle between the seed of the woman and the seed of the serpent we are given snapshot pictures of each of these armies. We see Seth’s line about the business of exercising dominion, in submission to the Lord. We see Cain’s line dishonoring the law of God and making names for themselves. But the future is not mere co-existence between the two lines. The drama builds toward the great crisis of Noah’s flood right here in chapter 6. The great change, what creates the great downward spiral of humanity on the earth is that the two lines come together as one. That is, the godly line of Seth, the sons of God, seeing how attractive are the daughters of men, the wicked line of Cain, decide to take them as wives. The end result, however, isn’t mere dilution. It’s not that the now joined line becomes morally lukewarm, but that evil spreads, grows, deepens. This shouldn’t surprise as for as Chuck Swindoll reminds us, if you drop a white glove in the mud, the mud doesn’t get all glovey.

What we see is salt losing its savor. We see what becomes of intermarrying not with a different race, but a different covenant, or a different faith. What we see is what happens when we are unequally yoked. Nothing, of course, has changed. When the children of God find the world attractive, when we determine to yoke ourselves to it, calamity comes. The world does not get any better, but the church, no longer a light on the hill, becomes much worse, and darkness falls upon the land. We are no longer useful for anything and find ourselves trampled upon the ground.

Edited by Neighbor

4 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I do wonder; if angels are sexless beings  at Heaven, and creations of God not deity themselves, how is it when  a third of them fall with Satan and are cast into chains they become fathers of Nephim?  They have no body, they are spirit, they are not deity, they cannot create, but they  somehow find a period of time maybe a Angel purgatory to develop ability and opportunity to mate and produce a hybrid creation? I don't think so. It doesn't "ring" true to me. 

And now I see R.C. Sproul Jr. wrote a piece on the subject- his more pedestrian view seems more likely to me. For I have always found myself  who are these sons of God, and in what context is this term being used here,and perhaps elsewhere?

Anyway Here is R.C.Sproul Jr.:

Who Are the Sons of God and Daughters of Men in Genesis 6:1-5?

FROM R.C. Sproul Jr. Sep 22, 2012 Category: Articles

When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose. Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.” The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown. The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.” — Genesis 6:1-5

There are several competing theories on this admittedly peculiar text, a few of them fantastic, at least one of them rather pedestrian, ordinary. Some suggest, for instance, that what is happening here is that angels, typically fallen angels or demons, are intermarrying with human women. My position is the far more pedestrian one, but one that carries with it an important lesson.

First, why I reject this more fantastic view. Angels, whether fallen or not, and though I am happy to concede they can appear in human form, are spirit beings. They have no bodies. Most of the time most of us remember this, though here some seem to forget. Because angels are spirit beings they are not equipped to consummate a marriage and to sire offspring. Demons can do all sorts of shocking and even frightening things. This, however, is not one of them. They can’t bring forth giants because they simply can’t bring forth.

When we consider the context of this text we can better understand what Moses is explaining. In previous chapters we are given a glimpse of two competing lines, the godly line of Seth and the wicked line of Cain. Having established the antithesis in the garden, after affirming that there would be a constant struggle between the seed of the woman and the seed of the serpent we are given snapshot pictures of each of these armies. We see Seth’s line about the business of exercising dominion, in submission to the Lord. We see Cain’s line dishonoring the law of God and making names for themselves. But the future is not mere co-existence between the two lines. The drama builds toward the great crisis of Noah’s flood right here in chapter 6. The great change, what creates the great downward spiral of humanity on the earth is that the two lines come together as one. That is, the godly line of Seth, the sons of God, seeing how attractive are the daughters of men, the wicked line of Cain, decide to take them as wives. The end result, however, isn’t mere dilution. It’s not that the now joined line becomes morally lukewarm, but that evil spreads, grows, deepens. This shouldn’t surprise as for as Chuck Swindoll reminds us, if you drop a white glove in the mud, the mud doesn’t get all glovey.

What we see is salt losing its savor. We see what becomes of intermarrying not with a different race, but a different covenant, or a different faith. What we see is what happens when we are unequally yoked. Nothing, of course, has changed. When the children of God find the world attractive, when we determine to yoke ourselves to it, calamity comes. The world does not get any better, but the church, no longer a light on the hill, becomes much worse, and darkness falls upon the land. We are no longer useful for anything and find ourselves trampled upon the ground.

Every reference to angels in the Scripture is masculine.

i would recommend.

The Unseen Realm: Recovering the Supernatural Worldview of the Bible Kindle Edition

by Michael S. Heiser