MorningGlory

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well, the Muslim Brotherhood and it's many divisions say they are....    so who am I to believe.....   the people who claim they are in the process of doing it......   or you?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

What a horrible thought. Just as it was a horrible thing to live under the law of God in ancient Israel in its day. 

Thank God we're Christians and not Jews! http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/756399/jewish/The-613-Commandments.htm

Would you sell your raped daughter to her rapist to become his wife? Kill gays? Kill someone who works on the legally established days of Sabbath?

I further elucidated this in a later post:

I don't want to kill anybody. Firstly, I didn't suggest that we institute the full range of every law and punishment from Leviticus in the legal system. I was mainly making the point that tailoring a system to mimic the behavioral standards that God set forth for Israel would probably have a fairly high likelihood of leading to a healthy and functional society.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

16 hours ago, Steve_S said:

I further elucidated this in a later post:

Yes, you're saying that the 613 Mitzvah would be ideal for the whole world.  That is a horrible thought considering non-compliance resulted in bloody torturous punishments.

8 hours ago, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

Yes, you're saying that the 613 Mitzvah would be ideal for the whole world.  That is a horrible thought considering non-compliance resulted in bloody torturous punishments.

Can you point to where I said that specifically?

Guest shiloh357
13 hours ago, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

No, that is not what he is saying.  I am not trying to speak for Steve, but it appears that his point is that the moral/ethical paradigm that is present within the Mosaic law would be good for everyone.   He is not advocating stoning adulterers or Sabbath breakers.  You forcing a meaning on to his words that he did not intend, that is both unfair and uncalled for.

13 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No, that is not what he is saying.  I am not trying to speak for Steve, but it appears that his point is that the moral/ethical paradigm that is present within the Mosaic law would be good for everyone.   He is not advocating stoning adulterers or Sabbath breakers.  You forcing a meaning on to his words that he did not intend, that is both unfair and uncalled for.

You claim you don't Steve S. but you then think to speak for me, and then berate me for your inference. That's cute.

18 hours ago, Steve_S said:

Can you point to where I said that specifically?

Do you have to be specific for what you have said to mean what I observed?

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

You claim you don't Steve S. but you then think to speak for me, and then berate me for your inference. That's cute.

I am not speaking for you.  I am saying that your line of argumentation assigns a motive to Steve that he clearly did not intend to convey. 

6 hours ago, WalkingMyFishLikeABoss said:

Do you have to be specific for what you have said to mean what I observed?

Generally speaking, being as how i further elucidated something that is entirely counter to your claim, then yes, it would've made a lot more sense for you to make that assumption if I'd specifically said that. However, I did not. The very simple point that I was making is that all the things that God hates are damaging to humanity and limiting as many of those things as you can in any given society is going to make that society function a lot more smoothly in general. I'm not suggesting that we institute all of the laws and punishments from the Torah, nowhere did I say that.

10 hours ago, Steve_S said:

Generally speaking, being as how i further elucidated something that is entirely counter to your claim, then yes, it would've made a lot more sense for you to make that assumption if I'd specifically said that. However, I did not. The very simple point that I was making is that all the things that God hates are damaging to humanity and limiting as many of those things as you can in any given society is going to make that society function a lot more smoothly in general. I'm not suggesting that we institute all of the laws and punishments from the Torah, nowhere did I say that.

You did say this: I think a fair argument could be made that at least the laws governing behavior in ancient israel were probably not a terrible idea if you want to have a healthy and functional society in place.

Which actually has no place in a thread about a female Jihadist calling for the death of our president.

As it stands we're entirely off topic so I'll leave it at that.

Edited by WalkingMyFishLikeABoss