IGNORED

No One is Hardwired to be Gay

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
11 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

Yes Written Word is clear on these matters and many others.

Yet God is not confined to written word.

Yes, God is confined to His written Word.  It is His self-disclosure of Himself.   He cannot act contrary to His Word, otherwise we cannot trust Him.

Written Word gives an explanation of what God has inspired but as you said:

I am not judging anyone's else's personal relationship with God.   All I said is that one must have a personal relationship with God through Jesus in order to get to heaven.

Humans had law before and Jesus was sent to explain that the way the law was practiced was not how God intended.

What we may think God has explained in written word may not be as easily understood as most interpret. 

The fact that we must repent of sin and be saved isn't hard to understand or interpret.  It is pretty straight forward.  Those who reject salvation go to hell.  God is very clear and easy to understand on that point.

He thinks differently than we think. HE KNOWS. WE assume off of what we are given and from human understanding.

He has told us what he "thinks"  and He has made it clear that only saved people  go to heaven.   You are trying to manufacture a problem that doesn't exist.

I repeat, "GOD IS NOT CONFINED TO WHAT IS WRITTEN." Nor is He limited by what we think we know.

He is confined to His word.  He cannot go outside the boundaries of what He has commanded or promised.

HE gives GRACE to all HE chooses. Not what or whom man agrees he should or will.

He has already told what he will and will not do.  I am sorry that you are trying to find a way not to believe the Bible.   Perhaps you need to repent of your sin and believe the Gospel and get saved.

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Culinary said:

Who are we to say if it is biological or not? We are not God and while our moral convictions lead us to believe that it would be unfathomable that it would be biological the truth is that we really do not know.  The bible is just a sampling of God's beliefs and it's interpreted by us...imperfect human beings. 

Sin is not biological.  That's why cancer, male pattern baldness and auto-immune diseases are not sins.   If homosexuality were biological, it would not be a sin.   Homosexuality is a rebellion against God's plan for marriage and human sexuality.

God has no beliefs.   The Bible is God's revealed will against which He judges us.  God's views on homosexuality are not hard to understand, nor mysterious.  He hates it.

Aside from that what difference does it make. Homosexuality is a sin just as so many other things are. While we don't condone those behaviors as Christians we also have compassion for and empathy for those individuals who commit those sins. We as Christians are all imperfect human beings,  servants of God and He created us, not to be perfect but to be human. He tells us to honor all parts of the body..even the weak...the unpresentable parts.

It makes a big difference.  No one can be gay and be a Christian so this is not about honoring part of the body. 

As a human being and Christian it's hard for me to believe that someone would willingly choose to be homosexual or transgender or anything like that. The opposition that they face and live with on a daily basis is just so horrible. Look at the statistics for suicides in that demographic....its staggering. In my heart I just can't believe that someone would willingly choose that for themselves.

It's part of the sinful nature, which is not always rational. 

It's not our place or job to judge these individuals.  We can agree or disagree...but it's our job to love. That's the greatest task as a Christian is to love and to bestow grace to the people of the world...and that includes homosexuals. 

Actually, it's our job to live to God's glory and as children of light to reprove those things done in darkness (Eph. 5).   We are allowed to judge what God has already judged.  Homosexuality is a sin and those who practice it are going to hell.

As a Christian I feel that it's our job not to judge and condemn others based upon my convictions but to try to build a bridge of understanding,  of love, empathy and compassion.  Maybe if we spent more time and attention on those things then we could have peace among all of God's people. 

It is our job to reprove sin and warn sinners.  That is love.   Making people comfortable in their sin isn't love. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, bryan said:

Nicely summarized.   Christians spend a lot of time talking about homosexuality compared to other sins.

Thank you!

Yes, some will speak books on homosexuality, but only mention other sins in a sentence. 

28 minutes ago, Culinary said:

Who are we to say if it is biological or not? We are not God and while our moral convictions lead us to believe that it would be unfathomable that it would be biological the truth is that we really do not know.  The bible is just a sampling of God's beliefs and it's interpreted by us...imperfect human beings. 

Aside from that what difference does it make. Homosexuality is a sin just as so many other things are. While we don't condone those behaviors as Christians we also have compassion for and empathy for those individuals who commit those sins. We as Christians are all imperfect human beings,  servants of God and He created us, not to be perfect but to be human. He tells us to honor all parts of the body..even the weak...the unpresentable parts.

As a human being and Christian it's hard for me to believe that someone would willingly choose to be homosexual or transgender or anything like that. The opposition that they face and live with on a daily basis is just so horrible. Look at the statistics for suicides in that demographic....its staggering. In my heart I just can't believe that someone would willingly choose that for themselves.

It's not our place or job to judge these individuals.  We can agree or disagree...but it's our job to love. That's the greatest task as a Christian is to love and to bestow grace to the people of the world...and that includes homosexuals. 

As a Christian I feel that it's our job not to judge and condemn others based upon my convictions but to try to build a bridge of understanding,  of love, empathy and compassion.  Maybe if we spent more time and attention on those things then we could have peace among all of God's people. 

Beautifully written and expressed! Thank you.

Guest shiloh357
34 minutes ago, bryan said:

Nicely summarized.   Christians spend a lot of time talking about homosexuality compared to other sins.

Because it is what is thrown in our face by the world, as they demand that we accept their perversion. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Anyone who is proud of his sin, such as in gay pride, will not be found in heaven.  God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.  We are told to repent of denying Christ and to receive His death as the propitiation for our sins.  His is our near kinsman Redeemer.  He died for our sins.  But part of turning to Christ is turning away from our sinful lifestyles.  We ask God to forgive us.  And part of loving Him with all our hearts, souls strength and mind is to hate our sin and love godliness.  We seek the Kingdom of God and His righteousness.  We value the things of God more than the lusts of the flesh, because there is only emptiness and regret in the things of the flesh.  The things of God are fulfilling as Jesus said He came to give us real life, fulfilling life.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

2 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

Who is to say when God turns around or forgives an individual?

We can speak, preach and attempt to enforce God's word but in the end GOD DECIDES.

So yes we have word of what we should avoid or turn from, but each individual gets dealt with by God on an individual bases.

We are not to Judge, He is.

We don't decide who goes to heaven, He does.

We should only lead to God, not try and dictate God's outcome or Judgement.

Nor another's salvation.

Jesus was absolutely clear in Scripture. Jesus said that if we love him we will obey. Living in constant sin is not obeying God. He also said We would know people by their fruit. That nobody who lived in unrepented sin ( sexual sin for example ) would go to heaven.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 

Have you read the above verses? That is God's Judgement, not mine or any other Christians. It is written in the word of God for all to see. How could anybody claim to truly love God, Knowing that the above verses are GOD'S JUDGEMENT and say nothing to those people it would apply to like thieves, drunks or homosexuals? How is it loving your neighbor as yourself to see the fruit of sin and say nothing when scripture is clear on what is the consequences of our choice to live in rebellion to God? 

You shall know them by their fruit! An apple tree doesn't produce oranges. A Christian will stumble, will fall and will make mistakes but will not live an unrepentant life in sin and rebellion. How is it that if you love a child and you see it doing something that will hurt or destroy that child, then the loving thing to do is to warn them and try to stop and teach that child the danger they are putting themselves in.  But if a Christian tries to do the same thing to someone facing eternal damnation then suddenly it's not an act of love but of hate and judgment?

46 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I am not judging anyone's else's personal relationship with God.

46 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Perhaps you need to repent of your sin and believe the Gospel and get saved.

Wow, no judgement there!!!!

I believe what Jesus' teaches, which is love, mercy, grace, understanding and not for individuals to judge but leave that to God.

We should only lead to the Shephard in Love and let him lead to God's Salvation and Will.

Matthew 23 is a good read.

41 minutes ago, firestormx said:

Jesus was absolutely clear in Scripture. Jesus said that if we love him we will obey. Living in constant sin is not obeying God.

So you do not sin at all? You obey God completely?

47 minutes ago, Willa said:

God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.

So you take no pride in any worldly accomplishments you've obtained in life? You are completely humbled?

41 minutes ago, firestormx said:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 

Originally your bold text read whoremongers, not homosexuals, but this has been changed to "suit the world." Also other text was added.

Find old scripture (books) and compare to newly written scripture (updated books). Words disappear and appear all the time to alter meaning of scripture. Part of the lost in translation.

So I let Jesus and the Holy Spirit teach me what's of God.

The Bible is a tool use to assist, but God is The Teacher.

Whoremongers-meant having sex outside of marriage with prostitutes or the like. (This is a very simple definition of the word.)

Edited by notsolostsoul

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

So you take no pride in any worldly accomplishments you've obtained in life? You are completely humbled?

No I am not completely humbled.  But I know that all my righteousness is filthy rags.  And only the good that Christ in me has done through me will be rewarded.  All else will be burned.  All pride is evil.  It was the sin of satan.