• Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

"... Jesus Christ his only Son, our Lord;
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried;
the third day he rose from the dead;"

Nothing about any of that found in the Bible?

I never said those things weren't in the bible. What I said was the apostles creed was not written by the apostles as many erroneously believe. The early church believed in the Scriptures as their standard for Truth. They didn't need creeds, although there's certainly nothing wrong with creeds as long as they are scriptural.

Edited by Swords99

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

17 hours ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

That's true. There's also no sinners prayer. And there's no reference to Trinity, nor is there reference to purgatory in the Bible. 

God made man in his image and likeness. Then men wrote the Bible and taught doctrine in their own image and likeness. Having nothing to do with God's word at all. 

That's why Gods foresight told us in his word to not trust every spirit. But to discern with righteous judgment the truth. 

Trinity is just another word for Godhead. I do see the Godhead in the Bible.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

On 7/8/2017 at 8:04 PM, HAZARD said:

Church of England bishops in the UK say, Being gay IS NOT A SICKNESS OR A SIN,

God created man to be a man, and woman to be a woman.

The meaning of the word "gay" cited here is the following, just to avoid confusion:

1.(of a person, especially a man) homosexual.

I could replace the word "gay" by "fornicator", for example. And that does not change the fact it is a sin.

In the same way a fornicator can be set free from his sin, a homosexual is no different. Jesus has the power to make free any person who believe and come to Him.

"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed." - John 8:36

"And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness." - Romans 6:18

22 hours ago, Pudgenik said:

If you like doing what you want, and it is against God's teaching. I'm sure there will be all sorts of stories.

Yes, it is the same as saying: "I commit adultery because the flesh weak, and my spouse is OK about it so it is not a sin" (obviously, it is a sin).

People always try to come out with excuses for their sinful lifestyle. Sinful lifestyle is not OK and it should be repented.

"But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you.
Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His." - Romans 8:9

On 7/8/2017 at 8:04 PM, HAZARD said:

Church of England bishops in the UK say, Being gay IS NOT A SICKNESS OR A SIN,

"Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
But he who endures to the end shall be saved." - Matthew 24:11-13

Do you know who promotes a sinful lifestyle and say: "It is not sin." ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

Unfortunately, the image of burning the Book of Common Prayer -- whose language has been compared second only to that of the King James Bible -- as well as other books recalls to mind a dark period in Germany's history.

Well seeing how the verse I  was referring to is what God plans on doing... The Word (Genesis - Revelation) and souls of men the only continuance from this place... you can certainly see my quandary about your comparative with Hitler and what he did :noidea: 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  190

Being gay is not a sickness or a sin, the church's General Synod heard on Saturday as it debated and voted on a private member's motion (PMM).

It is sad to read that the CoE has just this quickly become by debate and motion an abomination. :(

What religion is the Church of England?
However, as part of the Anglican Communion there are some distinctively Anglican ideas which can be identified in the Church of England. They are: a belief that the Bible contains the core of all Christian faith and thought. a loyalty to a way of worship and life that was first set out in the Book of Common Prayer. http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/cofe/cofe_1.shtml

Maybe the reason for this rebuke of their core faith and loyalty to the Bible is that these men who debated and made the members motion are themselves homosexual. And they in collective accord gave themselves license for their sin.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Well seeing how the verse I  was referring to is what God plans on doing... 

God plans on burning the Book of Common Prayer? I don't see that happening, although those who practiced magical arts brought their books together and burned them of their own volition (Acts 19:19).

4 hours ago, Swords99 said:

I never said those things weren't in the bible....

... then there's nothing unbiblical in The Apostles' creed regardless of who wrote it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  190

5 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

... then there's nothing unbiblical in The Apostles' creed regardless of who wrote it.

It's a misnomer in that the apostles of Christ did not write it.

4 hours ago, Davida said:

Humans claim lots of things that are false.   The Common Book of Prayer can't compare with the KJB because only the Bible itself is the Word of GOD and is God breathed.

"In English there are five main sources for this kind of religious eloquence: The King James version of the Bible, the Book of Common Prayer, The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan, the hymns of writers like Isaac Watts, Charles Wesley and others, and the classical traditions of oratory and homily. What links them all is a Shaker plainness and cleanness of diction, just barely covering profound spiritual conviction and emotion. This is, in short, the speech of men and women doing the Lord's work, honoring him and praising him with due reverence, ceremony and fervor...."

And

"Of the many editions of the Book of Common Prayer (BCP), the principal doctrinal and liturgical text of the Church of England, the 1559 Elizabethan Prayer Book has been the most influential. Along with the plays of William Shakespeare and the King James Bible, its stately and majestic prose has shaped the language and imagination of the English-speaking world. The much beloved Collect for Purity is but a sample of the incomparable liturgical prose of Archbishop Thomas Cranmer, the principal author of the original versions of the BCP (1549 and 1552):

"Almighty God, unto whom all hearts be open, all desires known,
and from whom no secrets be hid: Cleanse the thoughts of our hearts
by the inspiration of thy Holy Spirit, that we may perfectly love thee,
and worthily magnify thy holy name; through Christ our Lord. Amen."

https://www.amazon.com/Book-Common-Prayer-1559-Elizabethan/dp/0813925177

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, Davida said:

Humans claim lots of things that are false.   The Common Book of Prayer can't compare with the KJB because only the Bible itself is the Word of GOD and is God breathed.

Davida, I think I luv ya.

The holy scriptures are to be what every other written thing or spoken lesson is tested with.

IF anything don't line up..........it is to be shuned as false.   That is how we test what everyone says or writes.

IF it contradicts , changes , omits anything that Christ has said, that the prophets taught , yes the holy words , then it gets kicked out and not accepted.

IF we love truth this is in us already and we learn and grow by what we feed on.   Be blessed and praise the Lord.