IGNORED

Only God is Qualified to Judge or Condemn Anyone?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,435
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

MANY false spirits are at work in the churches today.   I cant even find a man that will preach HOLY DOCTRINE anymore.

SHOULD have read only the bible and stayed only in it.  For the peoples are lost , drowning in destruction of ungodly men of belial

That is a profound statement.  I agree that there are compromises taking place in some churches today as the leaders seek to accommodate and be inclusive of lifestyles and others under the name of Love and unity.   There are many churches who have not let go the reigns of Biblical truths and instructions, but as time goes on they will be under undue pressure to relax and release their stance for truth and righteousness.   

Remember also,  that you will not find that perfect church as people are people and different churches may do  things differently.  I am sure if you search enough ,you would find a place that preaches sound doctrine. Don't think the Lord would leave his people without a shepherd here on earth.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, warrior12 said:

That is a profound statement.  I agree that there are compromises taking place in some churches today as the leaders seek to accommodate and be inclusive of lifestyles and others under the name of Love and unity.   There are many churches who have not let go the reigns of Biblical truths and instructions, but as time goes on they will be under undue pressure to relax and release their stance for truth and righteousness.   

Remember also,  that you will not find that perfect church as people are people and different churches may do  things differently.  I am sure if you search enough ,you would find a place that preaches sound doctrine. Don't think the Lord would leave his people without a shepherd here on earth.

Sadly it is true.  However I have not been in every church .  I am sure their are some still.

The problem is, without sound doctrine being preached, the flocks fall away , leave , or etc.

The doctrine has to be perfect sound doctrine.  That is what I am not hearing at all.  But as I said , I did not visit every church in amercia either.

But I can say, do not waste any time with tbn.   This is why I truly believe, none should teach nor lead any flock.  Lest that one has been grounded very deep

for a good period of time in sound doctrine.  The leaders in the churches I went too, even early on, when a babe like me knew the doctrine was off.

the people were very nice, but the doctrine was just empty and contradictory to the original simple teachings of Christ.

And , even when I kindly tried to show,  and I mean very kindly, they would not listen.  they were not mean about it

but had no intention with stopping prosperity preaching, or other things.   Here is the thing , though, even as a one day old babe

when I would turn on tbn...............I did not know it was false at all.  But it never edified me.  MY hunger was for truth , the bible always fed me good

but the preaches left me empty.  Sure after time and learning I learned it was because they were false  And I don't accuse lightly.

I wont say one is false unless I KNOW it with no doubt.  Again though I am sure their are sound churches still left.

I suppose when I said ALL, I should have said ALL the ones I investiaged.

Guest shiloh357
23 minutes ago, inchrist said:

You just proved my point, I made sure that i focused on your faults, you immediately went into a very hostile defensive mood being an untrue lashout

Don't flatter yourself.  I was not being hostile.   I simply don't take theological instruction from those who are not believers.

Guest shiloh357
14 minutes ago, inchrist said:

And theres the entire point of the thread, we are called to show mercy, not be judgemental 

Mercy triumphs over judgment.

You reject the deity of Jesus;  You're already under God's judgment.  I am not judging you.   You are already judged.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

15 minutes ago, inchrist said:

You dont listen to people,

15 minutes ago, inchrist said:

You also did not listen to LadyKay, infact you went so far as to actually condemn her for sinning in the way she was called to interact with sinners.

Many don't listen and many want to judge someone else's relationship with Christ, even after Christ let it be known that no man needs another's Man's interpretation of Christ nor a Man's intepretation of his word. They can go to Jesus directly, themselves.

These same judging individuals besides condemning and sending to hell others, also like to say they do this in Love or call out others as Wolves in Sheep's clothing when in fact their own actions and words cause conflicts between Christ followers. They stir up conflict but will deny this and blame others or point the finger at others. I believe Jesus addressed this also.

24 minutes ago, inchrist said:

Instead of encouragement, you sought to destroy.

We should not destroy another's salvation it means worse for the ones who do this. I believe Jesus spoke on this also.

26 minutes ago, inchrist said:

In your eyes Im doomed to hell, Im exactly like all the other sinners to you, what makes you think I would listen to you?

How are you going to save anyone when you immediately put them on the defensive?

Sounds like past Enforcers of the Law that Jesus also addressed. "I don't know you"

29 minutes ago, inchrist said:

I would like to see how this technique is going to work?

It don't work. Whole reason Jesus was sent to correct. 

Some worship the "DIETY" of Jesus and focus solely on the Law. Bypassing the teachings of Jesus and using the law (written word) to justify their own (Man) beliefs.

Man is limited in Man's knowledge and way of thinking. They are in no shape to judge anyone, because they themselves are just as fallible as the next Man. Sin is Sin.

This is why ONLY GOD IS QUALIFIED TO JUDGE AND CONDEMN.... ANYONE.

Thus the reason We Will All have a day on that seat of Judgement. ALL!!!!

Thank you @inchrist!!!!

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

7 hours ago, inchrist said:

In otherwords if you are to judge somone you do it out of mercy with a mixture of fear that you yourself will be judged in the same way if you lack mercy in your judgements.  However if you are showing mercy, you have nothing to fear, because mercy comes from an act of love

Am I misunderstanding you? It sounds like you are saying we can never say the consequence of sin is burning in the lake of fire. That we are to make sure we coddle people and that they are comfortable in their sin. If we truly love someone will we not tell them what happens if they step in front of God with unrepentant sin? Are we to walk in love? Yes of Course, always. But Love rebukes and corrects even when that rebuking and correcting is not what people want to hear.  Are you saying any and all fire and brimstone messages are wrong? That we can never discuss hell with unbelievers?

Edited by firestormx
Clarity

9 minutes ago, inchrist said:

I see you took John the baptist out, I actually wanted to address that.

John the Baptist main message wasn’t   You’re a sinner, you going to hell, therefore repent

John’s main message was  Messiah the King is coming. The call to repentance was the response to the news that the King, the very Christ and His kingdom was coming, hence the 1st advent. This is why for the first time in Israels history you will find no greater amount of spontaneous  individual confession of sins, because they knew the time was right for the Messiah.

Its a matter of timing, you cant claim you love the sinner, when you dont even know your sinner. 

As I was saying, this is a "contact sport" it's a peoples game, you got to get to know your sinners individually. 

You cant just go up to any atheist for example, you going to hell repent. The atheist will tell you to get lost. 

However get to know your sinner, where the sinner will feel comfortable and at ease to talk about their sin, or open to change, then certainly dive into the many biblical subjects like hell but not over whelm them, especially with the intent to fear.

It is only through personalized interactions and truly befriending a sinner that when they sin, you are in a better position to rebuke but rebuke must not be confused with judgement but with mercy instead. 

We are called to show mercy not judgement.

Christ himself when He died on the cross called for mercy on the sinners who killed him not judgement.

"John’s main message was  Messiah the King is coming. " 

Amen! Glory be to God!!

John the baptist was the forerunner of Jesus. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

41 minutes ago, inchrist said:

I see you took John the baptist out, I actually wanted to address that.

John the Baptist main message wasn’t   You’re a sinner, you going to hell, therefore repent

It is only through personalized interactions and truly befriending a sinner that when they sin, you are in a better position to rebuke but rebuke must not be confused with judgement but with mercy instead. 

We are called to show mercy not judgement.

Christ himself when He died on the cross called for mercy on the sinners who killed him not judgement.

First, I took out the John the Baptist comment because I realized it was an opinion comment. What I mean is, whether you agree or disagree that his ministry was " fire and brimstone " is all opinion. Unprovable with scripture alone. My point with bringing up his ministry was that he was beheaded because his calls to repent made someone in sin uncomfortable. He wasn't worried if he " hurt their little feelings ". He wanted them to repent and forsake the sin they were living in and would not shut up about it. Today that would be condemned as hate and Judgement.

While yes we are called to show mercy and grace, considering ourselves lest we fall ourselves. Calling a sin what it is....sin, is not judgment. Saying the consequence of sin is eternal separation from God is not me Judging. It is biblical truth and God's judgment. I was more referring to ministry and the church setting not one on one. I didn't clarify that. I apologize. A minister can't just stop a message to get to know every person who is in the building. The gospel message of Jesus is one of hope from my point of view. Also, not just hope but also of love. You can't separate that when talking about sin. But you can't coddle people either. We are called to speak his truth in love. How can it possibly by Loving to let someone stay in sin, coddle their little feelings and let them die in their sin when we know they will burn in the lake of fire for it? How can we who know the truth and the truth about the consequence of living a life in rebellion to God not speak up and tell everyone and say we walk in love?

Maybe I just misunderstand your approach to this. Maybe your not meaning to come across as coddling them in sin. Telling them nothing of the consequence of their sin out of fear of hurting their little feelings and making them uncomfortable. but that is how I am understanding the responses so far. If we coddle people to make sure they are comfortable why would they ever change their behavior?

Edited by firestormx

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  190
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 7/9/2017 at 3:06 PM, notsolostsoul said:

Any thoughts?

On 7/9/2017 at 3:30 PM, notsolostsoul said:

Yes, but also in life. Do we have the power to condemn anyone or should we?

Speaking aside from Man's Laws.

Well, we are human after all. We will judge people. We will grow angry, we will condemn people. It's part of being human, not perfect. In the end though God is the ultimate judge. And even before we arrive there as his children in the light of Christ he knew us and our hearts while we were alive on earth. No matter how we may have acted .We cannot fool God. We can only be ourselves.