IGNORED

Do I have to be baptised in order to receive prayer answers?

LPTSTR

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/26/2017 at 1:29 AM, LPTSTR said:

Hi!

One guy told me that I have to be baptized in order to receive prayer answers when I was complaining that I have prayed to find wife for years and not received her. He told me that I should not expect my prayers be answered before I get baptised. According to my understanding, baptism is just a symbol of inward change. I would like to know what you think of it? Is it just an other false teaching or not? Is it required to receive prayer answers or not?

According to the Bible, God rain on the just and the unjust...in Matthew 5:45 
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Depending on a person situation we never no how the Lord my deal with it. But lets take a look at the order in which being Baptize is consider. Now, If you truly love God, then you will obey "Every word" that proceeds out of his mouth (Matthew 4:4). Baptism is one of those words. In order to be baptized, certain events must take place: You must give up a lifestyle where sin has dominion, (ruler ship) over you. Sin according to 1 John 3:4, Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression (breaking) of the law. You must be taught "The Word", before you can adhere to God's commandments (judgments\statues). These laws are found in the Holy Bible; beginning with Genesis and ending with Revelation. You must believe what the bible says and finally, you must confess that Jesus is Lord. Once this has been accomplished, you are qualified to be baptized in the name of Jesus.

Paul say in 2 Corinthians 6:4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

11 hours ago, missmuffet said:

No, baptism is not a salvation issue.

Seems true enough. BUT it is  an obedience problem; one that  it is best to overcome and resolve by being baptized in water.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

19 hours ago, other one said:

a more serious problem then is that you don't seem to really believe...    as far as I know only God himself can resolve that.   

But the question is He willing? When you take into account my current situation where I already have so much negativeness.
Like Bibles said that Jesus was not able to do many miracles because of people's disbelief. So how can I be sure that my disbelief isnt stopping Him from making miracle and making me believe. I mean not the miracle that I find wife because that would be great too. But miracle that I begin to believe and want God for God and not for what I can get out of Him.  To avoid false understandings, I dont always want God only for what I can get out of Him but it often happens.

14 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 

I dont agree. It has also produced situation where I am now. Just read what I say and knowing that words are just the top of iceberg then what would be my thoughts of God.

13 hours ago, Reinitin said:

6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. 

I am thankful that verse. It honestly tells me that I will never get prayer answer because I have experienced so much no/later as a answer that I simply dont hope anymore. And because I dont hope anymore God wont help me either. So now I know that I dont have to feel guilt if I use worldly dating services because God wont help me either because of my doubts. So helping myself is actually the only hope.

12Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receivethe crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. 

This is written with only purpose to make me feel bad. God knows that I wont be able to change my situation with my own strength. And the idea of it is that after I already suffer alot in this life He could then quote me this verse on my last day and say that "Look, if you had believed just a little bit more I would have answered you". Not because He actually would but because then He could add extra pain to me.

17Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. 

Depends. If I am forced to look for her from worldly sources then it's not from God. He didnt do anything.

11 hours ago, JTC said:

I hope you get to be married someday. But lots of problems come with marriage. My advice is make sure you are both Christians. Real Christians, the kind who do what the Bible says, not just believe it. Remember, the devils believe it too and they shudder every time they remember it's true.

It's not guarantee. I know nonchristian marriage who do better than christian ones. And I know christian marriage who ended up with divorce. After all if God hasnt given me anyone in all these years then what right does He have to complain if I take someone from this world?

The other issue is that the good and nice people are always taken first. Other guys also figure out that this girl is not only beautiful from outside but also smart and beautiful from inside. And the more time goes on the less high quality stuff I'd have. So If God did delay till I 40 was then there is probably reason why she wasnt married yet other than God wanted her for me. Probably she's leftover that no one else wants and now I am forced to take her unless I want to be single all my life. The more time goes on the lower class I have left. Maybe those who are only with basic education or no education and therefore been boring and unattractive to others. Maybe because they are so ugly that they've been unattractive to everyone. You see all the high quality girls will be found by someone within months. But with low quality stuff I would feel better alone.

Also I dont know how long I still have to wait if I follow God's plan so that's why I am no longer restricting my search criteria to Christians only. If God wanted me someone He had years to send me someone but He didnt and I have absolutely no guarantee that He will if I wait another year or even another 10 years.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

11 hours ago, missmuffet said:

No, baptism is not a salvation issue.

Why did you mention salvation? You mean that my issue is not baptism but that I am not saved and that's what causing me problems? Just trying to get your point.

7 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

you must confess that Jesus is Lord

What does confess mean? Just saying that "Yes, He is my lord" or does it also require that I tell everyone that I started to believe? And if I am too scared/afraid/disapointed/whatever because of my current situation to confess to others (I think if you read my posts in this topic you will agree that I should right now I am not in a place where I should tell my friends that I became a believer). So does that mean I should not get baptised right now?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, LPTSTR said:

Why did you mention salvation? You mean that my issue is not baptism but that I am not saved and that's what causing me problems? Just trying to get your point.

Rom 10:8-11
 that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; 10 for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.
NASB

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

7 hours ago, LPTSTR said:

What does confess mean? Just saying that "Yes, He is my lord" or does it also require that I tell everyone that I started to believe? And if I am too scared/afraid/disapointed/whatever because of my current situation to confess to others (I think if you read my posts in this topic you will agree that I should right now I am not in a place where I should tell my friends that I became a believer). So does that mean I should not get baptised right now?

We live in a world where people don't believe in Jesus or that Jesus is the son of God or Jesus came in the flesh, and so, people put there faith in other beliefs, in other Gods and people worship them. So you confess which is just admitting or acknowledging that Jesus is Lord of Lord and King of Kings, High Priest, son of the living God. Lets go into Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;  

I'll give you some advice according to the word of God, and hopefully that will be helpful in your decision to get Baptize. We are to baptize, and be baptized in the name of Jesus. There are no exceptions! "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, "repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts1:36-38). 

"And he said unto them, go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." (Mark 16:15-16). Listen people! Baptism is a commandment or requirement for salvation. To reject baptism is death; so, why will you die? Every soul that is baptized honors God and every soul that rejects baptism dishonors God. "And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John. But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him." (Luke 7:29-30). People, if you are in a position to be baptized, why reject the counsel of God? Rejecting God's counsel will get you eternal life in the burning flames (lake of fire) with the scribes and Pharisees. "For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, Ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5: 20). Anyone that is not baptized is a person with their sins yet upon them, because it is the baptism that washes away our past sins. "And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16): Remember, before his crucifixion, Jesus told his disciples that his time (death) is not yet come; He also informed them that their time (death) can come at any moment. Brothers and sisters I beg of you, don't delay your baptism. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

9 hours ago, LPTSTR said:

But the question is He willing? When you take into account my current situation where I already have so much negativeness.
Like Bibles said that Jesus was not able to do many miracles because of people's disbelief. So how can I be sure that my disbelief isnt stopping Him from making miracle and making me believe. I mean not the miracle that I find wife because that would be great too. But miracle that I begin to believe and want God for God and not for what I can get out of Him.  To avoid false understandings, I dont always want God only for what I can get out of Him but it often happens.

I dont agree. It has also produced situation where I am now. Just read what I say and knowing that words are just the top of iceberg then what would be my thoughts of God.

I am thankful that verse. It honestly tells me that I will never get prayer answer because I have experienced so much no/later as a answer that I simply dont hope anymore. And because I dont hope anymore God wont help me either. So now I know that I dont have to feel guilt if I use worldly dating services because God wont help me either because of my doubts. So helping myself is actually the only hope.

This is written with only purpose to make me feel bad. God knows that I wont be able to change my situation with my own strength. And the idea of it is that after I already suffer alot in this life He could then quote me this verse on my last day and say that "Look, if you had believed just a little bit more I would have answered you". Not because He actually would but because then He could add extra pain to me.

Depends. If I am forced to look for her from worldly sources then it's not from God. He didnt do anything.

It's not guarantee. I know nonchristian marriage who do better than christian ones. And I know christian marriage who ended up with divorce. After all if God hasnt given me anyone in all these years then what right does He have to complain if I take someone from this world?

The other issue is that the good and nice people are always taken first. Other guys also figure out that this girl is not only beautiful from outside but also smart and beautiful from inside. And the more time goes on the less high quality stuff I'd have. So If God did delay till I 40 was then there is probably reason why she wasnt married yet other than God wanted her for me. Probably she's leftover that no one else wants and now I am forced to take her unless I want to be single all my life. The more time goes on the lower class I have left. Maybe those who are only with basic education or no education and therefore been boring and unattractive to others. Maybe because they are so ugly that they've been unattractive to everyone. You see all the high quality girls will be found by someone within months. But with low quality stuff I would feel better alone.

Also I dont know how long I still have to wait if I follow God's plan so that's why I am no longer restricting my search criteria to Christians only. If God wanted me someone He had years to send me someone but He didnt and I have absolutely no guarantee that He will if I wait another year or even another 10 years.

hey,

dont use a verse i posted and God not being your genie in a bottle to justify you online behavior. And i really dont think a wife will change you and your need for online relationships. Jesus is not just a covering for sin, He is also an offering for guilt and shame and provide power to do what is right.

There are plenty of men and women with online addictions that have spouses.

Basically saying God give me a wife and i wont sin? 

i think you believe false doctrin your disapointment isnt in God its because your believing lies about God.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

Paul 

In thanks giving to the Lord for sparing the life of a sick christian brother.

said He could not of handled one more painful thing and he was glad he didnt have to face another loss.

Paul makes it clear God could of had a completly diffefent plan then Pauls.

People who teach we can command God to submit to our will are a really decieved group that set alot of young christians up for diappointment and feeling abandoned by God. I honestly wouldnt be suprised if some of the proofs they see arnt deceptive signs to validate false teaching.

Edited by Reinitin
  • Loved it! 1

9 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Seems true enough. BUT it is  an obedience problem; one that  it is best to overcome and resolve by being baptized in water.

I agree.  While we know salvation does not come by baptism; chastening from the LORD could very well happen to anyone who is willfully disobedient to Christ' command.  

Having said that,it is FIRSTLY IMPORTANT  for him to be sure of [1]his faith in Christ (1Corinth 15:3-4 ) .

[2] He is repentant of his sins (humble and contrite heart).

"The Lord Jesus commanded baptism —he ordained baptism—in a way that would make it an ongoing practice of the church. We find this most explicitly in Matthew 28:19-20: “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.”

http://www.desiringgod.org/messages/what-is-baptism-and-how-important-is-it

10 hours ago, LPTSTR said:
On 8/3/2017 at 3:46 AM, other one said:

a more serious problem then is that you don't seem to really believe...    as far as I know only God himself can resolve that.   

On 8/3/2017 at 9:03 AM, Blueyedjewel said:

3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 

It is God you dont agree with.