IGNORED

Do I have to be baptised in order to receive prayer answers?

LPTSTR

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

10 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Seems true enough. BUT it is  an obedience problem; one that  it is best to overcome and resolve by being baptized in water.

Yes, when we become children of Christ we want to be obedient to Him.

• Loved it! 1

2 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

We live in a world where people don't believe in Jesus or that Jesus is the son of God or Jesus came in the flesh, and so, people put there faith in other beliefs, in other Gods and people worship them. So you confess which is just admitting or acknowledging that Jesus is Lord of Lord and King of Kings, High Priest, son of the living God. Lets go into Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;  

I'll give you some advice according to the word of God, and hopefully that will be helpful in your decision to get Baptize. We are to baptize, and be baptized in the name of Jesus. There are no exceptions! "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, "repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts1:36-38). 

"And he said unto them, go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." (Mark 16:15-16). Listen people! Baptism is a commandment or requirement for salvation. To reject baptism is death; so, why will you die? Every soul that is baptized honors God and every soul that rejects baptism dishonors God. "And all the people that heard him, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with the baptism of John. But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him." (Luke 7:29-30). People, if you are in a position to be baptized, why reject the counsel of God? Rejecting God's counsel will get you eternal life in the burning flames (lake of fire) with the scribes and Pharisees. "For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, Ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5: 20). Anyone that is not baptized is a person with their sins yet upon them, because it is the baptism that washes away our past sins. "And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16): Remember, before his crucifixion, Jesus told his disciples that his time (death) is not yet come; He also informed them that their time (death) can come at any moment. Brothers and sisters I beg of you, don't delay your baptism. 

You have interpreted Gods word incorrectly.  The scripture you have in bold letters is speaking of being baptized of the spirit ie being reborn in the spirit. "calling on the name of the Lord." Consider the context of the passage.

Jesus Christ propitiation for sin by shedding blood was ENOUGH! We do NOT add to scripture and we do not EVER presume that Christ atonement was not enough! 

Baptism is a representation of  a few different things explained below  but it certainly is not a  necessary requirement for salvation.  Christ washes our sins away!  We do not do it! 

Refer to other scripture to understand what God is saying. Scripture explains scripture! 

Romans 10:9-10because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures.
-1 Corinthians 15:3-4

"Water baptism is for believers. Before we are baptized, we must come to believe that we are sinners in need of salvation (Romans 3:23). We must also believe that Christ died on the cross to pay for our sins, that He was buried, and that He was resurrected to assure our place in heaven (1 Corinthians 15:1–4). When we turn to Jesus, asking Him to forgive our sins and be our Lord and Savior, we are born again by the power of the Holy Spirit. Our eternal salvation is guaranteed, and we begin to die to ourselves and live for Christ (1 Peter 1:3–5). At that time we are scripturally qualified to be baptized.

"Water baptism is a beautiful picture of what our Lord has done for us. As we are completely immersed in the water, we symbolize burial with our Lord; we are baptized into His death on the cross and are no longer slaves to self or sin (Romans 6:3–7). When we are raised out of the water, we are symbolically resurrected—raised to new life in Christ to be with Him forever, born into the family of our loving God (Romans 8:16). Water baptism also illustrates the spiritual cleansing we experience when we are saved; just as water cleanses the flesh, so the Holy Spirit cleanses our hearts when we trust Christ.

The fact that water baptism is not a prerequisite for salvation is best seen in the example of a saved man who was not baptized in water—the criminal on the cross (Luke 23:39–43). This self-confessed sinner acknowledged Jesus as his Lord while dying on a cross next to Him. The thief asked for salvation and was forgiven of his sins. Although he never experienced water baptism, at that moment he was spiritually baptized into Christ’s death, and he then was raised to eternal life by the power of Christ’s word (Hebrews 1:3).

Christians should be baptized out of obedience to and love for our Lord Jesus (John 14:15). Water baptism by immersion is the biblical method of baptism because of its symbolic representation of the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ."

https://www.gotquestions.org/water-baptism.html

Which btw, we are baptized in the name of the Father.the son, and the Holy Spirit! 

Edited by Guest

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

counsel of God

counsel to be baptised? Or something else?  Should it be said commandment of God? Or is it different thing already?

3 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

So you confess which is just admitting or acknowledging that Jesus is Lord of Lord and King of Kings, High Priest, son of the living God. Lets go into

Yes but is baptism enough as confession or does it also mean I have to tell let's say my friends and family? And if so and I dont have that courage right now, shall I wait with baptism also or not?

3 hours ago, Bro.Tan said:

We live in a world where people don't believe in Jesus or that Jesus is the son of God or Jesus came in the flesh, and so, people put there faith in other beliefs, in other Gods and people worship them.

But why? Because other gods answer prayers, our God does not; other God start moving when you perform  some ritual, our God you serve with all your heart, soul and mind and then He still finds some excuse such as ur not believing enough. If other Gods answer prayers they usually answer these in supernatural ways while our God answers 95% of prayers with no or later and the rest of 5% of prayers He answers as poorly as possible.
So no wonder why people dont believe in Jesus. If Jesus is only in words - if He tells  something about Himself in the Bible -  but in reality is not that, if he does not answer me and so on then how could I possibly believe in Him? And if that other God does exactly what myth told he would do then why would you expect that person who has seen that Jesus has only words but other god has both words and power still follow Jesus? For you Jesus is truth, but for someone who doesnt know anything about God and who haven't heard about sins and hell and stuff, of course that person would choose other God because if there are two stories side by side, one story with only words and other story with both words and power then of course the new comer would choose the one that also has power.
Sorry Jesus, but Your power is only nice words in the Bible that never work in real life because You are only there to find fault in us in order to have an excuse for not answer our prayers for You did not want to answer them at first point.

2 hours ago, Reinitin said:

Basically saying God give me a wife and i wont sin? 

I never gave that promise. Rather at times I am like "You can give me wife if you want but I will still offend You for letting me be alone till now".

1 hour ago, Blueyedjewel said:

to be sure of [1]his faith in Christ

What does this mean? What can I do to be sure of my faith? If I have doubts what can I do?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

1 hour ago, Blueyedjewel said:

It is God you dont agree with. 

No this verse is false. It said one thing but reality in my life is other thing.

Btw is baptism just symbol or does it have anything more to it? Like bible also mentions power of spirit. Does something powerful happen then? Or what shall I expect to happen after baptism?

Edited by LPTSTR

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  02/21/1964

It may well be nothing to do with baptism. How about asking amiss? Have a look at James 4,3 And again, 1 John 5,14

It seems clear, then, that making requests in prayer is not a convenience for us, rather for us to comply to the will of God. Make sense? 

• Loved it! 1

3 minutes ago, LPTSTR said:

counsel to be baptised? Or something else?  Should it be said commandment of God? Or is it different thing already?

Yes but is baptism enough as confession or does it also mean I have to tell let's say my friends and family? And if so and I dont have that courage right now, shall I wait with baptism also or not?

But why? Because other gods answer prayers, our God does not; other God start moving when you perform  some ritual, our God you serve with all your heart, soul and mind and then He still finds some excuse such as ur not believing enough. If other Gods answer prayers they usually answer these in supernatural ways while our God answers 95% of prayers with no or later and the rest of 5% of prayers He answers as poorly as possible.
So no wonder why people dont believe in Jesus. If Jesus is only in words - if He tells  something about Himself in the Bible -  but in reality is not that, if he does not answer me and so on then how could I possibly believe in Him? And if that other God does exactly what myth told he would do then why would you expect that person who has seen that Jesus has only words but other god has both words and power still follow Jesus? For you Jesus is truth, but for someone who doesnt know anything about God and who haven't heard about sins and hell and stuff, of course that person would choose other God because if there are two stories side by side, one story with only words and other story with both words and power then of course the new comer would choose the one that also has power.
Sorry Jesus, but Your power is only nice words in the Bible that never work in real life because You are only there to find fault in us in order to have an excuse for not answer our prayers for You did not want to answer them at first point.

I never gave that promise. Rather at times I am like "You can give me wife if you want but I will still offend You for letting me be alone till now".

What does this mean? What can I do to be sure of my faith? If I have doubts what can I do?

Doubt will surely come because the enemy (satan) does not want you to be assured! But if you believe that Jesus died on the cross and shed blood for your sins, died and rose on the third day and sits at the right hand of the Father you will be saved!  Dont listen to doubt but fill your mind with the ONLY TRUTH which is the Living Word of God.

We base our "feelings" on the word of God! Gods word is truth. 

We are justified by FAITH ALONE. 

Faith alone grace alone Christ alone! 

Romans 10:17

Faith come by hearing  and hearing by the  word of God! 

Let me ask you this: Did you come with a contrite and humble heart? Was your heart heavy with the burden of your sin? Did you decide to tun from your sin to obey Christ ?

Psalm 51:17Create in Me a Clean Heart, O God
16For You do not delight in sacrifice, otherwise I would give it; You are not pleased with burnt offering. 17The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; A broken and a contrite heart,O God, You will not despise. 18By Your favor do good to Zion; Build the walls of Jerusalem

5 minutes ago, LPTSTR said:

No this verse is false. It said one thing but reality in my life is other thing.

Btw is baptism just symbol or does it have anything more to it? Like bible also mentions power of spirit. Does something powerful happen then? Or what shall I expect to happen after baptism?

Like I said to you before, I quoted GODS WORDS!!  

NONE OF GODS WORD IS FALSE. 

The word of God is pure TRUTH breathed by the LORD.

John 17:17

17Sanctify them by the truth; Your word is truth. 

Baptism is ordained by the LORD.  Baptism  signifies the new birth in Christ. 

When we obey the LORD we can expect to be walking in accordance to his word.

Baptism does not save but Christ has told us to do it. If we willfully disobey, God will chasten. We must OBEY the LORD.

The Great Commission
Matthew 28:…18Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in thename of the Father, and of the Son, and of theHoly Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”…

I responded in full about baptism to broTan who errors in his studies of scripture.  Baptism is very important but baptism does not save. We are saved by faith alone grace alone through Christ alone!  Please go look at it. 

Do you read the word of God?  

You will not grow in Christ if you do not study Gods word. Our faith grows when we are filled with the holy word of God!  Praise the LORD that we have the word as a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our feet ! Psalms 119:105

The word is our spiritual food. We must have it! We hunger for it as human babies hunger for milk. We need it to grow in the LORD with our foundation set in TRUTH.

Matthew 4: 4But Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” 

John 17: 17Sanctify them by the truth; Your word is truth.

Blessings :) 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings LPSTR

It seems to me that you want what you want & you are wondering if there is something you should/could do to prompt God to do what you want Him to do,lol   I'm not laughing at you,I'm laughing at how it sounded and it is kind of funny when you think about it,isn't it?

You see it goes back to a very simply verse of Scripture and it is the way it works,for our good

Matthew 6:33King James Version (KJV)

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

It's a heart condition my friend,you say you are praying for a wife(perfect example BTW).....Why? Are you "feeling" a void,something lacking,incomplete? This is a lil signal that should be telling you that something is wrong but it isn't the need (or want) of a wife.......How much time do you spend with Jesus? Do you wake up in the morning overflowing with gratitude for the new day by His New Mercy? Are you Filled with Peace & Joy? All these things are ours as we live a Life More Abundant in Christ Jesus but you do not grow in Relationship with anyone if you don't spend time with them....

I didn't want a husband at this stage of my life and I really thought it would interfere with Relationship with God in Christ,it would be an invasion of "our time together".....I didn't want to share my life with anyone but my Lord & Savior.....I felt "Complete",who could ask for anything more? Well,thats when the Lord sent me a husband......The Lord takes 2 whole people (in Him) & joins them,now I have double the Blessing,we give double the Honor,Praise,Worship & thanksgiving,I didn't lose anything,I've gained     When 2 halfs are looking to be a whole through another person....Well,It does not work that way in Gods Kingdom so why should he grant that request?  Perhaps that yearning for a wife is just God drawing you unto Himself and the desires of your heart are in the wrong place? 

I would ask the Lord to Reveal my own heart to me,thats usually what I do ask & I've been very surprised most times and then I ask He change the desires of my heart ..... He wants to give us all we ask for,actually exceedingly,abundantly & BEYOND anything we could ask or even imagine and when  our heart is HIS......our desires change.......  I'm praying for you,Seek His Face,not His Hand                                   With love-in Christ,Kwik                                

• Loved it! 3

34 minutes ago, LPTSTR said:

You need to put your focus on Christ!  Allow the LORD to change your thinking through his word.

We dont TELL the LORD what to do . If we are stubborn and we sulk , we are being rebellious against the LORD. How can you say that you have taken Jesus Christ as your LORD and SAVIOR when you are not respecting who he is?  Do you understand that when we confess that Jesus Christ is the LORD of our life, we are saying that we MAKE HIM the LORD OVER OUR LIFE. That means we trust Christ to lead us on the sraight and narrow path. We trust that God knows best. 

Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. 

7Jesus replied, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’” 

Do you presume to know better for your life than God? That my friend is a huge mistake. You may as well learn right now that you cannot please the LORD without faith! 

Hebrews 11:6And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who approaches Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those whoearnestly seek Him. 7By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in godly fear built an ark to save his family. By faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.…

I have always said that God will bring me exactly what I need when it is HIS TIME and not MY TIME.  I understand that God knows best for me.

That is what faith is all about. We TRUST our LORD because he is the ALPHA and the OMEGA . He is the Sovereign Lord.

God created all things my friend and he has lovingly provided you a way to have eternal life although you do not deserve it. None of us are worthy and that is why we come through faith through GRACE through Christ!  

Proverbs 3:5 5Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. 6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.…

Blessings :) 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, LPTSTR said:

So your asking for a wife and asking God to prove he is God by giving you a wife?

God gives us a measure of faith to believe unto forgivness of sin and eternal life. 

are you wanting to know God like in John 17 or have miracle power faith to be a super apostal? 

• Loved it! 1