• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

7 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

It's too bad that entertainment can't just entertain and leave their worldview out  of the story, but media and entertainment complex in this country has an agenda and it is anti-Christ to the core.   It's time we stopped being so fascinated by the world.

These kind of things can be seen in many productions (movies, series, etc). Recently, I was seeing something on TV that was promoting "gay marriage", it was two women marrying with each other and people laughing about it and probably saying things like: "love has no gender", "say no to *phobia" and phrases of the like.

And even more recently, I watched a teaser promoting people to lie to others so they do not lose their favorite soccer team's match. :unsure:

For sure, these kind of things are deceiving many into embracing lies. It has a strong manipulative power, especially for those who are weak or simply do not know the Truth.

And what the enemy wants is exactly this: "Oh, let the children watch TV, movies, cartoons, and series. They are harmless."

I believe all parents should watch what their children are learning by watching. And every Christian should take care what they're watching and investigate if that is pleasing God.

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2

Guest shiloh357
9 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Do you avoid all tv shows and movies that were made by atheists? Do you avoid all restaurants, stores etc that are owned by, managed by atheists? Do you avoid serving customers who are atheists? How far should 'those to whom God matters' take this? 

No, but I avoid all of those that deliberately advance an anti-God/anti-Christian worldview.

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, ayin jade said:

For those who have good faith, a tv show like star trek isnt going to take it away.

That's not the point at all.  The point is that we should not give support to what actively and purposely seeks to promote a worldview that is anti-Christ.  The media has found a way to advance a humanistic, atheistic worldview through entertainment and through appealing to human emotion.  And it is effective in swaying, not those with strong faith, but those with little, to no faith at all.  It is about how the entertainment industry is deliberately trying to shape the worldview of non-believers against God.

By your comment though, anything not church or bible related basically adds nothing to ones faith and should be avoided. Like going to a bookstore, or a grocery store. 

I think common sense would tell you that such is not what he/she meant. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, ayin jade said:

By your comment though, anything not church or bible related basically adds nothing to ones faith and should be avoided.

My grandma was like that. She jump me if she caught me reading a book that was not the Bible. Only the Christian Network was allowed to be on tv. Yes I know this has nothing to do with the topic but it just gave me a flashback to my younger years.  It was not easy growing up like that. 

9 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No, but I avoid all of those that deliberately advance an anti-God/anti-Christian worldview.

Which in this hour is ALOT. I have boycotted alot of things in all those categories ajin jade mentioned.  

"deliberately advance an anti-God/anti-Christian worldview."

They are enemies of the LORD therefore they are my enemy. 

Nothing is fun anymore. Everything is an issue. :(

• Thanks 1

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Which in this hour is ALOT. I have boycotted alot of things in all those categories ajin jade mentioned.  

"deliberately advance an anti-God/anti-Christian worldview."

Hollywood is given over to Satan and movies are filled with agendas and sociopolitical messages and stuff.  I remember a time when movies were just fun to watch and it was just good against evil and the good guy gets the girl in the end.  And you didn't get preached at, or lectured by the Left back then.  It was just a movie and people could divorce fiction from reality and just enjoy the story.   Now, they feel like they need to shape our opinions and tell us how to think.   It's not worth the expensive tickets and over priced popcorn and soda.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

That is the world. As born again Christians we are just in this world not of this world. Very sad how many do not grasp Jesus Christ.

bac358bec9f220e7b32292572d19c09a--billy-graham-quotes-worth-it.jpg

7 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Aren't we suppose to love our enemies?

Guest shiloh357
21 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Aren't we suppose to love our enemies?

Yes, but we are not supposed to join them and blend in with them.