• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,390
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The irony of the lost is that the very thing they are no longer is founded upon God~ yet all they are was.... so God separates Himself from them by their own desire.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,035
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  237
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

well since the fiction deals with homosexual marriage and weird aliens and the " character " wanted to use Gods name in an inappropriate way  I cant see that it would be a great loss.  

However I do feel they need to get things right as I clearly remember a few episodes ( not a great fan here ) where aliens did indeed worship a  "being " that they declared was a " god "

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.67
  • Days Won:  25

Roddenberry's view on God is irrelevant to me when it comes to choosing to watch the show or not.  I do not choose Science Fiction based upon the theology of the creator but based upon the skill of writer in providing a good and compelling story. 

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, Davida said:

The article draws it home for me Roddenberry's attitude towards God was ,so I won't be watching Star Trek anymore, it won't be the same for me.

What is really sad is that like all humans that have passed away ,the late mr.Roddenberry who rejected GOD, the forgiveness of his sins & salvation by Jesus Christ, Gene now knows the truth all too late, regrettably through his mistaken arrogance that rejected his Creator. How many children  introduced to science-fiction are lead into atheism or agnosticism? I know some of us maintained our belief in GOD while still watching these shows, but how many got drawn into the science & technology believing humans to be just an evolved species on in a Godless universe? I know a few whose hearts became hardened towards hearing about God & the Gospel of Jesus. If you look at some of Roddenberry's quotes about God it is shocking & might change your fond memories of watching the series. I did mine.

“We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes.”
― Gene Roddenberry

Jeremiah 29:13 3 "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Proverbs 3:7 "Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and turn away from evil.

"Proverbs 1:7 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; Fools despise wisdom and instruction."

Those of for whom God matters won't contribute to the ratings of this show.  These shows speak to a particular worldview and it is important that those who love the Lord don't help that worldview in any way.  It's too bad that entertainment can't just entertain and leave their worldview out  of the story, but media and entertainment complex in this country has an agenda and it is anti-Christ to the core.   It's time we stopped being so fascinated by the world.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

49 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Those of for whom God matters won't contribute to the ratings of this show.  These shows speak to a particular worldview and it is important that those who love the Lord don't help that worldview in any way.  It's too bad that entertainment can't just entertain and leave their worldview out  of the story, but media and entertainment complex in this country has an agenda and it is anti-Christ to the core.   It's time we stopped being so fascinated by the world.

Do you avoid all tv shows and movies that were made by atheists? Do you avoid all restaurants, stores etc that are owned by, managed by atheists? Do you avoid serving customers who are atheists? How far should 'those to whom God matters' take this? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

4 hours ago, ayin jade said:

How far should 'those to whom God matters' take this?

If something adds nothing to your faith, and instead tries to take it from you then I believe that is a good reason to avoid it.

4 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

If something adds nothing to your faith, and instead tries to take it from you then I believe that is a good reason to avoid it.

For those who have good faith, a tv show like star trek isnt going to take it away. By your comment though, anything not church or bible related basically adds nothing to ones faith and should be avoided. Like going to a bookstore, or a grocery store. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

2 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

For those who have good faith, a tv show like star trek isnt going to take it away.

"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things." - Philippians 4:8

4 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

By your comment though, anything not church or bible related basically adds nothing to ones faith and should be avoided. Like going to a bookstore, or a grocery store.

In every occasion, including trivial tasks just as going to book or grocery store you can have an opportunity to glorify God. Maybe you can find one lost and they start believing in Jesus after seeing His light in us.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Thank God!

My comment was to shilohs post, not meant to get addressed by others. Really not in the mood for arguing tonight.