• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

6 hours ago, Yowm said:

hehe, Kim forgets that the adults are in charge now. His pouty tactics won't work with Trump.

If baby Kim's tactic is to draw attention to himself and impress his imprisoned populace, then unfortunately they are working.

• Group:  Royal Member

8 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

If you sincerely think President Trump is thinking he is just having another twitter war then I have to wonder if you have heard things he has actually said. Its kind of silly if not plain  :blink: to come to that kind of conclusion.

Fold ? Oh you mean like drawing a red line and then backing out of it?    I remember that!...

Did Prez Trump remember Obama's "red line" when Donald made a threat to nuke Kim that Congress will not back-up?

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

10 hours ago, George said:

... wonders how much of this discussion ... enters the eternal question ... when Jesus will make an account of every second spent in this debate ... either it will bring REWARD or REGRET ... a lot of this discussion sounds like regret in the REAL SCHEME of THINGS!  Amazingly 7 pages in ... many still missed the whole point of being informed from the Kingdom perspective.

He is my take on this.  For 2000 years people have been taking the events of their day and fitting them into the end time prophesies.  I find no value in doing this for two reasons.  First, the very nature of prophecy is that it is never really clear till after it happens.  Second, we should be ready for Jesus' return every day, whether it happens today or 1000 years from now.  

Whatever happens between the US and NK has no bearing on anything eternal, certainly not upon the eternal state of my soul. 

But, as the father of a 22 year old and a 15 year old what happens between NK and the US could have a great deal of bearing on their lives in this realm, and that is often the perspective that I view these events. 

Right now there is a lot of trash talking going on from both sides, and that concerns me as both sides keep ratcheting up the stakes.  When Pres Trump says he will rain down "fire and fury such as the world has never seen before", that does not leave him very many options.  The world has seen some pretty serious fire and fury in the past 200 years, between the destruction in Europe of WWII or of course the "fire and fury" of the two nuclear weapons the US has used in the past.  For Trump's words to be more than just empty trash talking, he would need to out do those events.   And given Trump's desire to always have the "best and biggest" of anything, he is very likely to follow through on those actions.  

I spent a number of years while in the Marines developing Op Plans and TPFDDs which break down day by day our responses to certain actions, I am acutely aware of how much "fire and fury" NK could rain down upon the innocent civilians of South Korea in a very short amount of time.   And if NK feels they have nothing left to lose, there is nothing to keep them from doing so. 

So, for me personally I would rather the leader of our country follow the style of "speak softly and carry a big stick" than to imitate the press conference for the next MMA fight.   Trash talk has never much impressed me, even coming from our billionaire president. 

So, that is the perspective from which I view these events, for better or worse, right or wrong. 

8 hours ago, Yowm said:

hehe, Kim forgets that the adults are in charge now. His pouty tactics won't work with Trump.

I personally find it rather alarming that what is in DC right now, to include the POTUS, is what passes for "adults in charge" in this day and age. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,124
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

9 hours ago, Yowm said:

If the President is as good a negotiator as he claims it really might work.    Kim is just trying to get us to agree to leave him alone.  He's looked at what has happened to the other seven countries that didn't have a central bank controlled by the Rothschild family in 2000 and he's trying to make it worth our while to leave him alone...     Evil little dude that he is, he's not stupid.  Can he trust we'll leave him alone.....   look at Gaddafi and I'd say no we are not trustworthy.  Gaddafi made the deal and got killed anyway....   and you'd have a hard time convincing me that it was not all Hillary/Obama that had that happen.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

He is my take on this.  For 2000 years people have been taking the events of their day and fitting them into the end time prophesies.  I find no value in doing this for two reasons.  First, the very nature of prophecy is that it is never really clear till after it happens.  Second, we should be ready for Jesus' return every day, whether it happens today or 1000 years from now.  

Whatever happens between the US and NK has no bearing on anything eternal, certainly not upon the eternal state of my soul. 

But, as the father of a 22 year old and a 15 year old what happens between NK and the US could have a great deal of bearing on their lives in this realm, and that is often the perspective that I view these events. 

Right now there is a lot of trash talking going on from both sides, and that concerns me as both sides keep ratcheting up the stakes.  When Pres Trump says he will rain down "fire and fury such as the world has never seen before", that does not leave him very many options.  The world has seen some pretty serious fire and fury in the past 200 years, between the destruction in Europe of WWII or of course the "fire and fury" of the two nuclear weapons the US has used in the past.  For Trump's words to be more than just empty trash talking, he would need to out do those events.   And given Trump's desire to always have the "best and biggest" of anything, he is very likely to follow through on those actions.  

I spent a number of years while in the Marines developing Op Plans and TPFDDs which break down day by day our responses to certain actions, I am acutely aware of how much "fire and fury" NK could rain down upon the innocent civilians of South Korea in a very short amount of time.   And if NK feels they have nothing left to lose, there is nothing to keep them from doing so. 

So, for me personally I would rather the leader of our country follow the style of "speak softly and carry a big stick" than to imitate the press conference for the next MMA fight.   Trash talk has never much impressed me, even coming from our billionaire president. 

So, that is the perspective from which I view these events, for better or worse, right or wrong. 

I'm old enough to remember the Cuban missile crisis (though I was only 9 years old).  I remember all the adults going around very serious and glum, but my not completely understanding the implications of what was going on.  It wasn't until years later - after watching documentaries and reading the history about it - that I too saw how serious a situation it was.

George obviously brings up a good question - what is God's role in all this?

As a 'survivor' of the Cuban missile crisis and the "cold war" in general, I've come to this opinion. (I don't how theologically sound it is, but here goes:)

God is Creator - He created everything.  The Earth, the universe. Us.  

Ultimately, I believe He's not going to let man (whom He created) destroy His creation (the Earth) before His timing.  

I do not believe that even as close as we were to WWIII during October of 1962 (Cuban missile crisis), God would have allowed us (or the Soviets) to start a nuclear war which would have wiped out His creation.  While man has free will and free choice, I do not believe it extends to 'the choice' to destroy the planet.  (this, btw, also covers our 'ability' to destroy His creation via driving SUV's and running our air conditioners.)

That's my $0.02

Blessings,

-Ed

29 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

I'm old enough to remember the Cuban missile crisis (though I was only 9 years old).  I remember all the adults going around very serious and glum, but my not completely understanding the implications of what was going on.  It wasn't until years later - after watching documentaries and reading the history about it - that I too saw how serious a situation it was.

George obviously brings up a good question - what is God's role in all this?

As a 'survivor' of the Cuban missile crisis and the "cold war" in general, I've come to this opinion. (I don't how theologically sound it is, but here goes:)

God is Creator - He created everything.  The Earth, the universe. Us.  

Ultimately, I believe He's not going to let man (whom He created) destroy His creation (the Earth) before His timing.  

I do not believe that even as close as we were to WWIII during October of 1962 (Cuban missile crisis), God would have allowed us (or the Soviets) to start a nuclear war which would have wiped out His creation.  While man has free will and free choice, I do not believe it extends to 'the choice' to destroy the planet.  (this, btw, also covers our 'ability' to destroy His creation via driving SUV's and running our air conditioners.)

That's my $0.02

Blessings,

-Ed

The Cuban missile crisis was a bit before my time, but from all I know about it, comparing it to this incident with NK is not a good comparison. 

I do not think that anything between the NK and the US would lead to WWIII, but I do believe it could do irreparable damage to our standing in the world.   

As for what God will allow, I am no expert on the end times but it seems that a large number of the earth's population is going to be killed in a very short amount of time.  

Since you brought it, climate change has never been about destroying the planet, just doing making life on it harder for humans. 

26 minutes ago, Yowm said:

For some strange reason, this does not surprise me.

I am glad for that, I do try to be consistent in my views.  I see no adult leadership in DC, going all the way to the top.  

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

No, he is trying to get concessions from us like him and daddy use to.

But what does Kim have to bargain with as the DPNK has already developed nuclear weapons and a launch system?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

2 hours ago, Running Gator said:

I see no adult leadership in DC, going all the way to the top.  

While there may arguably be a shortage of adults in Congress and the WH, there real DC movers, shakers and puppet makers on K street, Wall St., London, Paris and Riyadh are grown ups.

Blessings,

-Ed