• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, other one said:

that doesn't negate the fact that Jesus said no one has seen the Father.....  you are really twisting the greek to your position.   Just take it for what it says.

John says that before Jesus was human he was in the form of God.....   Jesus in his pre incarnate form is the old testament God of Israel that Moses saw, not the Father.

No, No, No, Jesus of the Old Testament was the WORD, who became flesh in the New Testament.

I'm sorry, you don't get it all, you only think you have it all.

In the beginning was the "WORD" and the Word was "WITH GOD" and the Word was also God. He was also with God in the beginning and everything that was made was made by HIM. Not the Father. And He, the Word became flesh and He dwelt among us, and we knew Him not, and some don't even know Him now.

The Word, who became flesh and lived on Earth, while the Father remained in Heaven,  died for us. He was raised by the Father and now sits at His Fathers right hand in Heaven, in His Glorified flesh and bone body, which still has scares for us to see to remind us of what He went through.

Jesus prayed to the Father, "IN HEAVEN," many time while He, Jesus was on the Earth.

Matt. 7:21,Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matt. 10:32, Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Matt. 10:33, But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Matt. 12:50, For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Matt. 16:17, And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Matt. 18:10, Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

Matt. 18:19, Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

Don't believe me, Read this;

John 1: 1-3, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    2, The same was in the beginning with God.
    3, All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:14, And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

After Christ was raised by the Father He appeared before the disciples in a closed room, who were TERRIFIED because they thought they were seeing a spirit;

Luke 24:36-37, 36, And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
    37, But they were terrified and affrightened, and supposed they had see a spirit.

John 20:26-27, And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
    27, Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing

Christ will carry these wounds scars for eternity on His glorified flesh and bone BODY. Notice He is still God and He has a body.

Zechariah  13:6, And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

The difference between spirit and flesh and bone is substance nothing more. Both the father, the Son and the Holy Spirit have bodies as hundreds of Scriptures teach.

Paul speaks of the human flesh and bone bodies in the resurrection as being Spiritual" (1 Cor. 15:42-44). like unto Christs Glorious Body (Luke 24:39; Phil.3:20-21); So if human bodies that become spiritualized are still material and tangible, then certainly God and other spirit spirits have bodies Just as real and still be spirit beings.

John 4:34 is a simple statement of fact that God is a spirit being. but it does not analyse a spirit.

Angels and even cherubims have bodies;

God sent two cherubims to guard the gate of Eden with flaming swords to keep Adam and Eve out lest they take of the tree of life.

Gen 3:24, So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Exodus 25:20, And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be.

Romans 1:20, Paul taught that there are many things in the spiritual invisible world just like the things we have now in the visible world we live in;

v. 20, "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"

Have you thought about this at all?

When you die and are taken to Heaven in your glorified flesh and bone body, as Christ has, will you see and worship an "INVISIBLE SPIRIT GOD with no body?"

And what about the 24 elders in Heaven, are they worshiping an invisible body-less God, or are they throwing their crowns of gold before an visible God, sitting on a throne?

Can you explain, How and why would Scripture say God is sitting on His throne if He does not have a body? how does one sit if one does not have a body to sit down with?

Rev. 4:4, And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

Rev. 4:10, The four and twenty elders fall down before him that SAT ON THE THRONE, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, v. 11,11, Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Rev. 5:8, And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Rev. 5:14, And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

Rev. 11:16, And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,

Rev. 19:4, And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that SAT ON THE THRONE, saying, Amen; Alleluia.

How would the 24 elders be able to throw their golden crowns before a God who has no body they cannot see?

If you heard God, who you could not see because He is invisible and has no body according to you,  and He  says to you, "I am here, throw to me your Bible." Where would you throw it?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

and just what makes you so much smarter than myself or others that you can say no no no you just don't have it.....

I just don't think you have a grip on the trinity concept....

Before Abraham was, "I AM"

11 hours ago, other one said:

and just what makes you so much smarter than myself or others that you can say no no no you just don't have it.....

I just don't think you have a grip on the trinity concept....

Before Abraham was, "I AM"

What is the trinity concept? That's a new one on me? By the way, I never said I was smarter than anyone. All I do is read God's Word and I believe what I read. Its that simple. God's Word has hundreds of Scriptures which I have posted showing who He is, what He can and cannot do, and what His plan for mankind is. Can you show just one Scripture that states God is a nothingness, floating about the universe

When I said you just don't have it I mean, what don't you get about just this one Scripture, ignoring the hundreds of others showing God has a body.

Genesis 1:26, And God said, LET US make man IN OUR IMAGE, AFTER OUR LIKENESS: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

I don't know about you, but I know this much. God Himself said we are made in the image of God, and after His likeness. When I look into a mirror, I see an image of myself and I see that I have a body, only mortal, the same a God's body, with hands, feet, a head with hair, loins, eyes, mouth, tongue, ears, and non of it is invisible. Why is that if I was created in the image and likeness of God my creator who said He would make us in His image and likeness?

God will also be seen by men in all eternity as we see each other now (Rev. 21:2-7; 22:3-5; Ezek. 43:7; 48:35). God can appear visible and invisible, and when eyesight is adjusted to see spiritual things, then spiritual sight will be as simple and normal as natural sight now. Our natural eyes are not adjusted now to see even some material things as they will be in the day when God removes the covering of darkness and the vale that is now spread over all nations, a condition existing since the fall of man (Isa. 24:21-22; 25:7; 1 Cor. 13:12). Then the light of the sun will be increased seven times and the light of the moon will be as the present light of the sun (Isa. 24:23; 30:26).

Guest shiloh357
15 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

What is the trinity concept? That's a new one on me? By the way, I never said I was smarter than anyone. All I do is read God's Word and I believe what I read. Its that simple. God's Word has hundreds of Scriptures which I have posted showing who He is, what He can and cannot do, and what His plan for mankind is. Can you show just one Scripture that states God is a nothingness, floating about the universe

No, because no one ever made the argument.

What you are promoting is the heresy of tri-theism.

17 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, because no one ever made the argument.

What you are promoting is the heresy of tri-theism.

You are insulting God Himself by denying Who He is. He has given hundreds of Scriptures showing who He is, what He can do and what He cannot do, and the fact that He created us in His Image and in His likeness. All you have given so far are empty words and accusing me of heresy.

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

You are insulting God Himself by denying Who He is. He has given hundreds of Scriptures showing who He is, what He can do and what He cannot do, and the fact that He created us in His Image and in His likeness. All you have given so far are empty words and accusing me of heresy.

I know exactly who He is and he is not the god/idol promoted by the heretic, Finis Dake a man who was once charged and pleaded guilty to molesting an under aged girl.   I would not be turning to a man like that to get my theology.  

I know who God is and I know the verses you cite and I know that you are simply mindlessly parroting Dake without actually doing any serious hermeneutics on your own.  You are simply taking his word for it.

9 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I know exactly who He is and he is not the god/idol promoted by the heretic, Finis Dake a man who was once charged and pleaded guilty to molesting an under aged girl.   I would not be turning to a man like that to get my theology.  

I know who God is and I know the verses you cite and I know that you are simply mindlessly parroting Dake without actually doing any serious hermeneutics on your own.  You are simply taking his word for it.

Attacking a man who has passed away and using him and his error in life as your only  rebuttal. At least Dake never committed adultery, then arrange to have the husband of the woman he committed adultery with murdered. Or like And what about Moses, to name another who sinned, he murder a man. Do you believe Him and what He wrote? A very poor rebuttal if I may say so.

Here why I don't need hermeneutics. The Bible is a simple book to understand because God is its author. If God is the author we have a right to expect it to be clear. No man can make a book more simple than God can. If God could make a book as simple to understand as man can and did not do so, then we have to conclude that He did not want man to understand His Word. Why then did God give His Word to man?  In that case, man should discard the bible and accuse God of injustice, since He would be judging man on the basis of something he cannot understand. Since we cannot conceive God in this light, we are forced to believe the bible is simple enough for all to understand alike IF WE WANT TO UNDERSTAND IT.

Following the commonly accepted argument that a perfect God cannot make anything imperfect, we can scripturally say that God did not fail in His purpose of giving man a simple revelation that could be easily understood by all men, even the simple (Deut. 29:29; Ps.119:104, 130; Prov. 1:1-4; 2 Tim. 3:15:17). The most simple beginners can understand the Bible one line at a time, for this is the way it was given, and it is the beats way to understand it (Isa. 28:9-13).

God gives the reason His truths are hidden from anyone. It is because they refuse to Humble themselves to believe and conform to the Bible (Matt. 13:10-17).

Dake never said "Let US make man in OUR image and likeness.

Who are they who said "Let Us?"

God the Father, God the Word, and God the Holy Spirit, that's who. Three separate and distinct beings. The Godhead! not some man invented trinity. The word trinity is not even in the Bible. The word Godhead is there in three places;

Acts 17:29, Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Romans 1:20, For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Collossians 2:9, For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Do you think you can maybe add anything concrete to this discussion, maybe a scripture or two, rather than attack me calling me a heretic, and the late Mr. Dake?

Guest shiloh357
20 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Now you are showing your true colors . . . . What a coward you turned out to be, and just like a typical Pharisee. Attacking a man who has passed away and using him and his error in life as your only  rebuttal. At least Dake never committed adultery, then arrange to have the husband of the woman he committed adultery with murdered. Or like And what about Moses, to name another who sinned, he murder a man. Do you believe Him and what He wrote? A very poor rebuttal if I may say so.

Just pointing out that while the man was married and in ministry, this was his true character, taking an underage girl across state lines and molesting her in the process.  And it is just as bad as what King David did.  Don't try to diminish his sin.   He didn't even apologize to the girl or take responsibility but blamed his choices and his sin on the devil.  Calling him out isn't being a Pharisee.  He was unrepentant, never really sorry for his sin.   That's not the character of a man who knows God or someone any of us should listen to on spiritual matters. 

The difference is that David repented of his sin and took responsibility for it.   Dake did not.  And that's the kind of man you follow and parrot as if he is some kind of infallible teacher.

Here why I don't need hermeneutics. The Bible is a simple book to understand because God is its author. If God is the author we have a right to expect it to be clear.

So do you read a newspaper the same way you would read Shakespeare?

32 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Just pointing out that while the man was married and in ministry, this was his true character, taking an underage girl across state lines and molesting her in the process.  And it is just as bad as what King David did.  Don't try to diminish his sin.   He didn't even apologize to the girl or take responsibility but blamed his choices and his sin on the devil.  Calling him out isn't being a Pharisee.  He was unrepentant, never really sorry for his sin.   That's not the character of a man who knows God or someone any of us should listen to on spiritual matters. 

The difference is that David repented of his sin and took responsibility for it.   Dake did not.  And that's the kind of man you follow and parrot as if he is some kind of infallible teacher.

So do you read a newspaper the same way you would read Shakespeare?

Dake was given a Spiritual gift, he knew the Bible backwards, he could give hours long sermons on any subject and quote all the relevant Scriptures, something have never seen of heard of before. Just because he sinned, whether he repented or not, does not mean the gift he had and used was evil and wrong. Even Solomon, after back sliding still retained his spiritual gift of wisdom. The sins of men, Dake, Moses, David, and Shakespeare have nothing to do with this discussion, just another diversion by you, because you cannot rebut the many hundreds of Scriptures in the Bible which proves beyond doubt that God has a body and goes from place to place just like any other being.  All you have contributed is just the same old spiteful, accusing, empty words.

God has a body just as men who were made in His Image and likeness have. I have given many Scriptures proving this, you have not given us ONE proving otherwise. Men with natural bodies have already gone to Heaven and have been living there for thousands of years. Enoch has existed in Heaven over 5,000 + years and Elijah have been there over 2,600 years and yet neither one of them has died yet (Gen 5:24; Hebrews 11:5; 2 Kings 2; Mal. 4:4-5; Zech. 4:11; Rev. 11:3-7). The old theory that flesh and blood cannot enter Heaven is not biblical just like many other things that are taught and believed are not biblical. While it says "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God" it does not say man cannot enter it. We enter the kingdom of God at the new birth (John 3:3-5; Rom. 14:17).

God goes from place to place just like any one else (Gen. 3:8; 11:5; 18:1-22, 33; 19:24; 32:24-32; 35:13; Zech. 14:5; Titus 2:13). God is omnipresent but not omni body, that is His presence can be felt everywhere but His body is not everywhere. God wears clothes (Dan. 7:9-14;
10:5-19; God eats food (
Gen. 18:1-22; Exodus 24:11).